Recent Topics

Ads

Secret nerfs

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: Secret nerfs

Post#11 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am

Im glad you are reverting both combat formula changes and these pet ninja buffs thx
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:28 am

dalen wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 am
Spoiler:
Before, turrets would use their own stats for dots and auto attacks, but the owners stats for direct damage abilities.

I think they also used owners outgoing damage multiplier stat on dot attacks.

So basically, depending on attack/ability type it was three different sets of stats that they used. But now it is consistently their own stats (which include a % of owner stats as stated on the tooltip).
So based on this statement we can assume that after the process of adjusting the combat formulas you found a bug that has been there all the time before, is this correct?

Since one of our BT guild officers reported this I would assume this is the case: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17553

What I wonder now is, for how many abilities and pet classes this has been an inconsistency, because if Engineer turrets were hit harder by this very changes, it might need to be looked at further.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

lyncher12

Post#13 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:53 pm

oh no engineers have to actually play their character instead of relying on the turret to solo people while they them self are afk

Nameless

Post#14 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:29 pm

So engineers actually were hyper op but noone knew, such a miss
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Fiskrens

Post#15 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:29 pm So engineers actually were hyper op but noone knew, such a miss
We all knew but chose not to say anything, same with RSH. Finally their reign of terror is at an end!

Flon

Post#16 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am

Yeah, it made me sick that all the good city wbs were only looking for 8 engis. Thank god!