Recent Topics

Ads

WLs are the new SHs

Let's talk about... everything else
jonathanmurphy3

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#21 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:30 am

Deadpoet wrote:To be fair if people criticize the cheap use of WL pet they should also criticize the cheap use of SH pet.

I see a flaw behind Jonathanmurphy's reasoning: "WL is a pet class so I don't understand why using the pet is criticised" Obviously the pet must be used. The question is: Do you use the pet as a helper, a comrade in arms, do you actually fight ALONGSIDE your trusty friend, be it as a melee if you are a WL or as a ranged fighter if you are a SH? Or do you send your pet to fight the battle where YOU should be the main actor, the protagonist, and meanwhile you stay at a safe distance (that means outside melee range for WL and further away than 100 ft for SH)?

I can't really criticize that cheap use of the pet, but I surely despise it and look at it with disappointment and sadness. Everyone can do as they like, I will never rage or whine or get mad at it. It's a lawful choice. It's not hacking nor cheating of any kind. It is only sad imho.

In t1 it had always been easy for a SH to send their pet against a lowbie clothie without self heals and get super easy kills while you stand outside your warcamp watching the whole scene with your binoculars and chat to your mates.

To see WL pets chasing lonely level 4 BWs across a scenario and the owner never in sight is disheartening.

When I played WL I felt that the heart and soul of the class was to fight ALONGSIDE your lion. there is even a skill called COORDINATED STRIKE.

Sorry, but I do not see how that is a flaw on my behalf? Similarly, a level12 Magus/Engi can DoT said level4 BW/Sorc and let them die if there are no healers around - what's the difference?

What I said in my post is that the class has a pet, ergo it is mandatory - should one wish to excel with said class - that the pet is utilised. You can not infer from that what my stance is regarding how the pet ought to play (alongside, taking the key role, etc).

You -could- send your pet to kill people, but -most- similarly-geared level players won't die from the pet/will have healers. Any good WL will 99% of the time be with their pet to get the maximum burst DPS potential of the class.

Again, I reiterate: this is how it was in T1. The pets become piss-poor in T4. For all the naysayers/those who can't deal with it and are calling for BALANCING in T1? (lol) - wait around a bit, and you will see how the lion devolves into nothing but a fetch bot.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Ads
Coryphaus

Post#22 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am

well seeing as azareal has plans to change how stats of WL pets work i think the class will scale better but i think fetch needs to go, same with maras pull

noisestorm

Post#23 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:46 am

Coryphaus wrote:well seeing as azareal has plans to change how stats of WL pets work i think the class will scale better but i think fetch needs to go, same with maras pull
Fetch should work without pet <3

Coryphaus

Post#24 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am

noisestorm wrote:
Fetch should work without pet <3
deadly embrace requires 2s cast and could be disrupted (if i recall correctly) fetch requires pet to reach target to pull them, during which WLs could exploit by moving backwards to to increase distance of how far target gets pulled

i still stand by my opinion that both abiites are dumb and should be removed

jonathanmurphy3

Post#25 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:26 pm

So you want to remove one of the niche abilities that WL had? Lul. Must be a Slayer/BW.

Fetch/Pounce were THE 2 defining abilities of the White Lion class. If we're removing either of those, then let's also remove rampage, BW heal debuff, KOTBS punt, etc. I could go on.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20

Azarael

Post#26 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:27 pm

If anything Fetch will be improved on this server compared to live. I intend for its implementation to be rock solid.

jonathanmurphy3

Post#27 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm

^ That's the direct course of action we need. Azarael, I highly rate you as a developer man!
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20

Coryphaus

Post#28 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:11 pm

jonathanmurphy3 wrote:So you want to remove one of the niche abilities that WL had? Lul. Must be a Slayer/BW.

Fetch/Pounce were THE 2 defining abilities of the White Lion class. If we're removing either of those, then let's also remove rampage, BW heal debuff, KOTBS punt, etc. I could go on.
I dont know about Kobs punt or bw heal debuff but for sure rampage if nothing else at the very least should by reworked because 20s of undefendable attacks is broken as **** and made them even more better than choppas than they already were

Ads
Marley

Post#29 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Jayzboi wrote:Yes white lions are stronger than on live server. But that is fair enough to be honest.
I think that what you mean is that, it's k if WL's are "OP" for now they just be grinded into mincemeat in the end anyhow. :)
Coryphaus wrote:well seeing as azareal has plans to change how stats of WL pets work i think the class will scale better but i think fetch needs to go, same with maras pull
I would like some balance, but don't remove maras pull and WL fetch, those are helpfull things for breaking through lines and positioning.

Morf

Post#30 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm

A kiting wl in t1 was always this way, a smart player will let there lion do the work and wait for the time to strike, cheap but legit tactic. Sh's can do the same and to a certain extent magus and engi can do similar things with horrors and turret.
Seeing as its t1 and when other tiers work it will be the tier players spend the less time in, the days of the wl will become a distant memory and these type of threads will most likely be the complete opposite.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder