Recent Topics

Ads

WLs are the new SHs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Zoombi
Posts: 13

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#11 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:02 pm

jonathanmurphy3 wrote:
Bullen1995 wrote:
Jayzboi wrote:Yes white lions are stronger than on live server. But that is fair enough to be honest.
Yes and where is the argument? how in the hell is that fair? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A chosen talking about 'fair' is most comical indeed.
baddy need rely on pet more comical

Ads
User avatar
Deadpoet
Posts: 258

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Ok, thanks for your clarifications and imput. I had the impression that WL pet was right now than it was in T1 and your replies confirm it's true. As Azarael points out, I was wrong concerning the pet health pool and maybe the explanation of my perception of improved damage compared to live lies in the AA. I have the impression that AA is faster and more powerful now. I used to play a WL one month ago for a while and when I checked enemy's dps chart I noticed that the pet's autoattack was the main source of my damage output by far, don't remember the exact % but it was conspicuous. The special abilities of the pet seem to be the same as in the past.

User avatar
Deadpoet
Posts: 258

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#13 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Edit: I meant "enemy" addon not "enemy" as in my foe or adversary.

User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3769

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#14 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:00 pm

jonathanmurphy3 wrote:
Bullen1995 wrote:
Jayzboi wrote:Yes white lions are stronger than on live server. But that is fair enough to be honest.
Yes and where is the argument? how in the hell is that fair? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A chosen talking about 'fair' is most comical indeed.

To be fair chosens are one of the most balanced classes and tanks in the game, a class that for all of mythics blatant incompetence acctully got something right, yet they did a complete about face and threw that balance out the window when they designed KOBS
Image

User avatar
Tesq
Suspended
Posts: 5346

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#15 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: To be fair chosens are one of the most balanced classes and tanks in the game, a class that for all of mythics blatant incompetence acctully got something right, yet they did a complete about face and threw that balance out the window when they designed KOBS
whoa so someone actually agree with me

Btw the problem is the same, wrong scaling and interation of pet with player. The fact that wl can actually run away and leave the wl kill you is not fair .....even if it's t1,just like it's not fair have a weak wl in t4 . Both issue need attention in future.
Image

-"Loop warned into oblivion" --> smell like chaosy enought :D
-Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D
-GMs --> dosent matter what they say not, they get offend by colors so watch out plebs! :D

User avatar
jonathanmurphy3
Posts: 266

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#16 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:37 pm

So you want to balance the White Lion for T1 combat? Is that what you're saying? Because that's hysterical, if that's the case.

The pets were ALWAYS powerful in T1. Fact. T1 doesn't hold a candle to the importance/resources that ought to be devoted to T4. T4 IS the game for most people.

@Zoombi: perhaps this is new to you, but the White Lion is a pet class, and as such correct usage of said pet is not only beneficial, but encouraged! #thingsyoulearn
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

User avatar
Allorien
Posts: 44

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#17 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:58 am

Tesq wrote:
The fact that wl can actually run away and leave the wl kill you is not fair .....even if it's t1,just like it's not fair have a weak wl in t4 .
I couldn't have said this any better.

User avatar
Kaitanaroyr
Posts: 484
Contact:

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:19 am

Tesq wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote: To be fair chosens are one of the most balanced classes and tanks in the game, a class that for all of mythics blatant incompetence acctully got something right, yet they did a complete about face and threw that balance out the window when they designed KOBS
whoa so someone actually agree with me

Btw the problem is the same, wrong scaling and interation of pet with player. The fact that wl can actually run away and leave the wl kill you is not fair .....even if it's t1,just like it's not fair have a weak wl in t4 . Both issue need attention in future.
yet you'll never see the pet in t4 except for fetch bc its useless pet was always strong in t1 kiting with the pet was common its isn't unfair it maybe a cheap kill but it was how it worked
Image
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Ads
User avatar
Deadpoet
Posts: 258

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#19 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:10 am

To be fair if people criticize the cheap use of WL pet they should also criticize the cheap use of SH pet.

I see a flaw behind Jonathanmurphy's reasoning: "WL is a pet class so I don't understand why using the pet is criticised" Obviously the pet must be used. The question is: Do you use the pet as a helper, a comrade in arms, do you actually fight ALONGSIDE your trusty friend, be it as a melee if you are a WL or as a ranged fighter if you are a SH? Or do you send your pet to fight the battle where YOU should be the main actor, the protagonist, and meanwhile you stay at a safe distance (that means outside melee range for WL and further away than 100 ft for SH)?

I can't really criticize that cheap use of the pet, but I surely despise it and look at it with disappointment and sadness. Everyone can do as they like, I will never rage or whine or get mad at it. It's a lawful choice. It's not hacking nor cheating of any kind. It is only sad imho.

In t1 it had always been easy for a SH to send their pet against a lowbie clothie without self heals and get super easy kills while you stand outside your warcamp watching the whole scene with your binoculars and chat to your mates.

To see WL pets chasing lonely level 4 BWs across a scenario and the owner never in sight is disheartening.

When I played WL I felt that the heart and soul of the class was to fight ALONGSIDE your lion. there is even a skill called COORDINATED STRIKE.

User avatar
Coryphaus
Posts: 2263

Re: WLs are the new SHs

Post#20 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:26 am

WL is just another example of the poor scaling that mythic did with their classes, its power peaks too early before the effectiveness of the class starts to fall off just like blorcs and some other classes
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: forsa, Google [Bot], miregal1, nat3s, Nikkuz and 36 guests