Recent Topics

Ads

Realm balancing and cross-realming

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: Realm balancing and cross-realming

Post#21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Mara is still more than fine. I enjoy playing it anyhow.

Also it wasn't "nerfed," it was recently buffed/changed and then those changes were reverted because this is an alpha server and they have to test things. So please spare me the salt mine on that account. I would believe that a bunch of "elite" players jumped on their maras after AoE was increased and were joy riding something that was overtuned and now that it has been reverted are mad about losing their new toy.

To the OP, numbers fluctuate all the time, people playing the winning side and what they think is currently overpowered. In the storied history or RoR, I would say dest is overpopulated more of the time but that is without hard evidence and is nigh impossible to prove. So your two options are to deal with it or make an "its the end of times" thread on the forums.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Gurf

Post#22 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:15 pm

marafado wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm well i know an destro guild where gm and many other members play mara, 2 days after the "ballance" they moved to order! just a coincidence i guess.
my appologies, the "pendulum" working as intended i supose !!!
I know a Order guild which apparently are one of the top guilds who now seem to play Destro since the "balance" , not sure if that is coincidence also

I do find is odd though how quite often Order pushes to IC then suddenly Destro have a much higher population, at times barely more than a warband in the lakes but then up to 20 Warbands in the City. Most of the pushing pug organisation is done by legitimate Order players though, maybe the numbers are swelled by xrealmers but they aren't the leaders usually.

Wam

Post#23 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 pm

:lol:

Destro are prize fighters, they are not always motivated to play/fight unless feels worthwhile... they tend to maximise reward for effort and more city logger based than order... order run bad setups in city and get spanked alot of course they want some retribution in the lakes where they can make up for bad organising/skill with more numbers and also their setups which are more ranged based prosper more in orvr due to difference in terrain and style of fights.

Order earn more reward from zerging than losing cities.

The reason why order lose is city numerous and alot of it is mentality/skill/organisation based and not so much class balance (besides fringe class being neutered and less impactful role MSH > SW etc Magi > engi) they don't have the strength in depth that destro do... destro has a better balance between dps/tanks/healers where order has a worse balance with tanks/healers... you got shitty dps/am's and you got bad shield wp's that just gimp the faction more
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

PlagueMonk

Post#24 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:54 pm

I would tend to agree with some sort of lockout timer if you've been flagged for RvR recently. That would still allow PvEers to switch with no time lag and prevent people from switching sides to gang up for things like city sieges. It would be awesome if everyone was altruistic and, if once side looked imbalanced, they would swap sides to equalize things but since that can't be counted on.....

My only other suggestion would be locking the sides and having 2 servers but I don't know if 1) The devs who have so graciously given us this private server would be willing to do that (or can) and 2) If it would create population problems. I don't know what the total numbers look like so it would really depend but it would stop Xrealming.

carcharod0n

Post#25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:01 pm

ill just add 2 accounts will not bypass realm lock , the lock is IP based or in the launcher IDK
2 comps maybe but the same comp will show the lock outs on all accounts. but timing a hour and a half lock is easy also you can switch once and that is all it takes.
Chosen 80
Choppa 75
Squig herder 71
KOTBS 66
Warrior Priest 50
DOK 67

Hadann

Post#26 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:57 pm

I think there are a few things contributing to order influx with destro guilds playing on their order charcs alot more the last 3 weeks (TUP, WoM, NGE) as well as Fog of war forming around the same time which they are usually running 2 wbs in what seems to be every timezone just zerging the zones down. For the most part destro still win cities simply for the fact you are forced to do 24vs24 which the average order team struggles to do. Most nights during NA prime its 100-200+ order bodies on destro and has become quite boring to the point we rerolled destro alts to have something to fight lol.

Adding a longer logout time that starts when you logout will definitely help reduce xrealming. Your in denial to think it wouldnt or just dont want your xrealming to be stopped ;)

PlagueMonk

Post#27 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:49 pm

carcharod0n wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:01 pm ill just add 2 accounts will not bypass realm lock , the lock is IP based or in the launcher IDK
2 comps maybe but the same comp will show the lock outs on all accounts. but timing a hour and a half lock is easy also you can switch once and that is all it takes.
This is an excellent point I hadn't considered since this private server creates special circumstances (like free accounts). It IS a bit more of a pain to log out of one account and back into another but would completely negate any lockout timer.

That being said, how many people actually went though the trouble of doing that when they rolled up toons?

empmoz

Post#28 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:07 am

PlagueMonk wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:49 pm
carcharod0n wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:01 pm ill just add 2 accounts will not bypass realm lock , the lock is IP based or in the launcher IDK
This is an excellent point I hadn't considered since this private server creates special circumstances (like free accounts). It IS a bit more of a pain to log out of one account and back into another but would completely negate any lockout timer.

That being said, how many people actually went though the trouble of doing that when they rolled up toons?
Multiple accounts has been a recognised issue for the lockout timer since the timer was introduced, so most xrealmers have 2 accounts by now I'm guessing.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#29 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:17 am

if x-realming was a real issue we would get ic and altdorf every day

Toshutkidup

Post#30 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:55 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:03 am
Acidic wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:24 am For me I think it’s wrong to be able to push a fort on one side and then swap sides and fight city on another. This would be fixable(maybe only improved) by something like a 2hour lockout after last rvr pvp flagging.
There “appears” to be gaming the system by pushing city and swapping and that should be stopped.
Anyone seriously pushing for city on one side to swap to the other will have two accounts to bypass xrealm lock entirely.
This is very untrue as many many players do this exact thing with just one acct. and several of them even stream as they do it. And the lockout timer also affects multiple acts as they have a I.P lockout system. Sure u can go abs use other methods to bypass that but as of right now it isn’t needed as you can log on one side then free swap to another without a lockout. The current lockout only applies when you want to re-switch again.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup