Recent Topics

Ads

Realm balancing and cross-realming

Let's talk about... everything else
sadistic

Realm balancing and cross-realming

Post#1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm

So, recently it feels like T4 is heavily one-sided in favor of Order. Does this occur frequently? I came back about a month ago and things were fairly balanced but the last 2 weeks or so it feels like the numbers are all on the Order side. This isn't enjoyable playing on either side imo. Just mowing through people when you have 100+ person advantage doesn't seem fair.

Also, every time city happens it seems like there's a lot of cross-realming happening. Would it be possible to change the faction swap on LOGOUT of a character instead of login? Would prevent so many people pushing city on one faction then swapping to their main on the opposite faction to win city and get their loot.

Just my 2 cents.

Ads
normanis

Re: Realm balancing and cross-realming

Post#2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:06 am

increase cd on xrealm to 8-24hours.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

kirraha

Post#3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:06 am

I think a part of it was after morale change. Destros upper arm was fast moralebuild and use as a massive dmg dump. Now morales are mainly for denfence use.

Then mara nerf came aswell so ppl maybe lost more interest in the faction since order always had better raw dmg and with no morale nerf destro get a slight handicap.

I dont think adding more time on the lockout will solve the problem. Its just so damn low interest to play a faction that get one arm tied in the back.

Imo the morale change was a failure.
Destro aint bad ofc, but it lost a big reason to play it when you can do much more on order atm since there is no real chockdmg.

I play order cause of lack of competitive guilds on orderside. Ppl want to zerg. Lockout increase wont solve it.

The moraledmg before nerf made organized good guilds capable of tackling bigger numbers, but now we been proved that the only thing ppl are interested in is big number and nothing else.

Nerfs wont solve the issue. Make it interesting to play both factions and I think it will become more interesting in the lakes

notre

Post#4 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:23 am

sadistic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm So, recently it feels like T4 is heavily one-sided in favor of Order. Does this occur frequently? I came back about a month ago and things were fairly balanced but the last 2 weeks or so it feels like the numbers are all on the Order side.
Yes, from time to time....
Sometimes "they" log on destro and do the same for a while. But usually it's every day when we have xrealmers ruining the game experience for the rest of the players. If I recall correctly, the last Order longest "killingspree" (most time dominating) was from October/November 2019 to March/April 2020.
sadistic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm This isn't enjoyable playing on either side imo. Just mowing through people when you have 100+ person advantage doesn't seem fair.
No, isn't. They are just farming gear for they toons and don't care about the game itself nor the players.
sadistic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm Also, every time city happens it seems like there's a lot of cross-realming happening. Would it be possible to change the faction swap on LOGOUT of a character instead of login? Would prevent so many people pushing city on one faction then swapping to their main on the opposite faction to win city and get their loot.

Just my 2 cents.
Sure they already have another account to bypass the realm lock.
If someone wants to do xrealm he's gonna find always some way to do it.

Some of them are gonna tell you they do to play on the underdg side, but the numbers are there... you are on a siege and suddenly your faction looses 50 or more players and you get AAO.... this is normal here.... ppl is doing more math than at the school on this game, just look how the maps are locked and you'll see the "farming", tier by tier instead of zone by zone, just for maximizing the loot. More now, since now you loot invader/royal from bags.
Last edited by notre on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Acidic

Post#5 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:24 am

For me I think it’s wrong to be able to push a fort on one side and then swap sides and fight city on another. This would be fixable(maybe only improved) by something like a 2hour lockout after last rvr pvp flagging.
There “appears” to be gaming the system by pushing city and swapping and that should be stopped.

As far as balance goes between sides seems to me reasonable except the Choppa/Slayer side where Slayer rampage is a 3point skill removing functions of tank (gaurd turned into wounds pot, block negated, parry negated) .
There are some classes that are not city friendly but with the recent royal change to be more available via rvr bags I think this is less worrying and they have niches where they do well , such as forts and keeps as well as solo etc. not all have which to fit into one mold and these difference I believe help diversity of game.

VindicoAtrum

Post#6 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:03 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:24 am For me I think it’s wrong to be able to push a fort on one side and then swap sides and fight city on another. This would be fixable(maybe only improved) by something like a 2hour lockout after last rvr pvp flagging.
There “appears” to be gaming the system by pushing city and swapping and that should be stopped.
Anyone seriously pushing for city on one side to swap to the other will have two accounts to bypass xrealm lock entirely. Difficult to expect volunteer gamemasters to police multi-accounting - other online games spend vast amounts of time monitoring for this, and even more supporting appeals against it because it's tremendously difficult to do without false positives.

As for balance, not worth discussing. Balance changes are at such a glacial pace it's pointless discussing, just play the things that are popular meta picks. Only thing I'll say here is that small, steady changes (Legends of Runeterra style) are far and away better at keeping players happy than slow, months of silence into block of changes (Hearthstone style).

marafado
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:27 am

The contribution system works for zone locks and access the forts, maybe its time to introduce special loot bags for city ;p

Spellbound

Post#8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:07 am

sadistic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm So, recently it feels like T4 is heavily one-sided in favor of Order. Does this occur frequently? I came back about a month ago and things were fairly balanced but the last 2 weeks or so it feels like the numbers are all on the Order side. This isn't enjoyable playing on either side imo. Just mowing through people when you have 100+ person advantage doesn't seem fair.

Also, every time city happens it seems like there's a lot of cross-realming happening. Would it be possible to change the faction swap on LOGOUT of a character instead of login? Would prevent so many people pushing city on one faction then swapping to their main on the opposite faction to win city and get their loot.

Just my 2 cents.
I’ve suggested the exact thing the past two weeks in several places. Realm switch timer should start once you log out, not when you login which allows players to instant switch for City and only playing a certain realm before city to help push it. You mostly see this from Destro mains as their pop advantage jumps up heavily when city opens. Order isn’t imbalanced, just has Destro playing it to help push cities.

Right now the system encourages cross realm which might have been ok when the population was much lower and to keep players active inside the game. DAOC Phoenix is a good example of their realm timer being 12 hours when I was playing on it. Once you log out, if you wanted to switch realms you can’t play for that long. Price to pay for multi realm. Don’t encourage it.

So 90 minute wait would be nothing for those that prefer cross realm switching daily but would prevent those pushing zones/forts just to instant swap.

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 am

I think people massively inflate the xrealming to be "the problem". You can xrealms for sure and yes, sometimes it does ruin the experience, but looking at the numbers during pushes, active warbands, who is where etc. it's not like 500 destro logs order to push to 1-2 star IC and then logs back to their destro main to get 3 royals and maybe a bag...Sure you have some guild jumping from one side to another (TUP being mostly on order again, NGE being more on destro now, WoM moving to Order), but that always kinda balances itself out.

Reality is that a massive portion of Destro city logs like crazy. And since IC is happening pretty much off cooldown (and could be happening more often as Order is often pushing into locked IC) and is nearly never more than 2 star, it means most of the best destro folks are online on weekends or maybe one weekday when they have guild event and that's it. The rest is just pugs who are about as organised and capable as the Order ones.

Order also got a lot more organised over the last months. Just few months ago it was only Beastz running WBs, the rest being open WB pugs or guild/alliance WBs. Now we're leading a massive server wide alliance with half a dozen known good WB leaders with goals to push destro as much as we can, gear up and get better in cities.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

marafado
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 am

in my opinion xrealm was allways the major problem in ror since t2 was release some years ago :)
...but for some reasons continues a major issue, yes i know all ppl need to play both factions to have a valid ballance opinion or we only play on underdog side...and many other arguments that suport this problem!