Recent Topics

Ads

Guild Recall Scrolls

Let's talk about... everything else
Aberation

Re: Guild Recall Scrolls

Post#21 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:37 pm

For those already level 40/40 or more the scroll and book thing is at worst, a very minor inconvenience, but for people leveling it is a HUGE difference. It seems between the changes to sups and this change, I wonder if the long term ramifications regarding game growth shouldn't have more of an impact on the decisions that are made.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:45 pm

sogeou wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:12 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm
Orontes wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Judging from the reactions in the thread, and my own experience where there has been no active timer (bug or no), why not remove the timer altogether? Isn't ease of travel a good thing?
Sure. Use a flightmaster. There's one in pretty much every zone.
Back to the guild scroll part. Those never had a cool down timer. Can we fix the bug on those? Since you fixed the bug on books.
It's not a bug. They were intended to have a cooldown. The bugfix removed the exploit that people were using to bypass it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sogeou

Post#23 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:45 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Sure. Use a flightmaster. There's one in pretty much every zone.
Back to the guild scroll part. Those never had a cool down timer. Can we fix the bug on those? Since you fixed the bug on books.
It's not a bug. They were intended to have a cooldown. The bugfix removed the exploit that people were using to bypass it.
This is not true. LIVE guild scrolls had NO cooldown. That was the point of them and WHY you paid for them.

I am not talking about the cooldown on the book. So, is this going to be the part where bugs are only fixed when RoR wants to fix it?

TLDR Book had a 60 min cooldown, guild scrolls / all scrolls had NO cooldown.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Gurf

Post#24 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Who cares if it takes a few extra minutes in to do , pve 😐

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:47 pm

sogeou wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:50 pm

mogt

Post#26 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 pm

This is not true. LIVE guild scrolls had NO cooldown. That was the point of them and WHY you paid for them.

I am not talking about the cooldown on the book. So, is this going to be the part where bugs are only fixed when RoR wants to fix it?

again all scrolls had a timer on LIVE Server i dont knwo,why you must lie, how wargrimir wrote, he is right. they fixed this bug ty fpr that, the players must learn how to play and again on LIVE Server AOR the book dna all scrools had a timer. check old videos please or ask vetertan players

sogeou

Post#27 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:19 am

mogt wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 pm

again all scrolls had a timer on LIVE Server i dont knwo,why you must lie, how wargrimir wrote, he is right. they fixed this bug ty fpr that, the players must learn how to play and again on LIVE Server AOR the book dna all scrools had a timer. check old videos please or ask vetertan players

Hey Wargrimnir just said they did something LIVE did not have. So, it is another case of WE do what we want, and not fix bugs. Live had it so GUILD scrolls had NO cooldown. I just want Warg to say he for whatever reason we feel it is to OP to have Guild scrolls like they were in live. They did not fix anything. Just say it, don't try to spin it as fixing something that was broken, when it should never had a timer on it. Most likely they did something and put a timer on the guild scroll and could not remove it as mythic coding is AAA.

I used them about 20 times a game play night and would have a stack of 20+. That was the whole point of having a high level guild.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 am

sogeou wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:19 am
Hey Wargrimnir just said they did something LIVE did not have. So, it is another case of WE do what we want, and not fix bugs. Live had it so GUILD scrolls had NO cooldown. I just want Warg to say he for whatever reason we feel it is to OP to have Guild scrolls like they were in live. They did not fix anything. Just say it, don't try to spin it as fixing something that was broken, when it should never had a timer on it. Most likely they did something and put a timer on the guild scroll and could not remove it as mythic coding is AAA.

I used them about 20 times a game play night and would have a stack of 20+. That was the whole point of having a high level guild.
They have always had a cooldown on RoR. This cooldown was exploited because you could log off which would clear it. Nothing changed with the guild scrolls themselves, the bug that cleared some cooldowns during relog was fixed.

Ads
warlover

Post#29 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 am

Cornerback wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 am This is a good example of fixing something just for the sake of fixing it, no matter if useful or not
Horrible change :(
They do this all the time go around the game doing things that are not needed just to fit their style of play, rocks and fences blocking stuff everywhere that are not needed ruin the game
they start with little fixes some really needed then start putting the stuff everywhere messing up whole landscapes, but that's power never a good thing!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#30 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 am

warlover wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 am
Cornerback wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 am This is a good example of fixing something just for the sake of fixing it, no matter if useful or not
Horrible change :(
They do this all the time go around the game doing things that are not needed just to fit their style of play, rocks and fences blocking stuff everywhere that are not needed ruin the game
they start with little fixes some really needed then start putting the stuff everywhere messing up whole landscapes, but that's power never a good thing!
This is what happens when it takes a long time to fix something. People get so used to abusing and exploiting mechanics, they can't see anything aside from the convenience of doing so. You have several options to move between zones. Guild scrolls are one of them, and like everything else, they have a cooldown and SHOULD have a cooldown.

As for your veiled bullshit accusatory tone, devs are not here to ruin the game. If you don't like something there's a lot better ways to cope with that feeling than to throw **** at devs. It is disrespectful at the least which is clearly a violation of the TOS here.