Recent Topics

Ads

CONQ & VANQ

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: CONQ & VANQ

Post#11 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:21 pm

If you're rr83 and still in anni then you should probably stop logging on only for forts and actually roam around a bit. Got full invader by 73, am 4piece sov at 76now, can't even wear some of the pieces.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Invader is a bad set for WE, Vanq is multiple times better.
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#13 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:53 pm

If a healer or tank, find high level dps to guard/pocket heal with the requirement to pass on lower lvl medalions. I think you might be surprised by those that would accept.
-= Agony =-

VindicoAtrum

Post#14 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 am

storm wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 am
Panso wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 am If you got the unlock, then it's just the waiting game. But even for someone like me getting one or two zone locks cause of limited time a day, it's not that hard to get the full vanq stuff.
Zone locks give you 3 vanq, you need 920 for set, you will strike lightning for gold bags but is way more rare now.
What RR do you need for zone locks giving vanq?!

Gurf

Post#15 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 am

No idea what game your playing, on my main got conq about 4 times over by rr70 and was using pieces for tali making, on my alt I'm almost there at rr45. Just roam around in warbands in the lakes, take zones, if you only do scenarios and log for forts I can see you might struggle.

Brickson

Post#16 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:01 am

Spoiler:
VindicoAtrum wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 am
Panso wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 am If you got the unlock, then it's just the waiting game. But even for someone like me getting one or two zone locks cause of limited time a day, it's not that hard to get the full vanq stuff.
Zone locks give you 3 vanq, you need 920 for set, you will strike lightning for gold bags but is way more rare now.
You need rr50 with cr40.

My SM was rr50 before I hit cr40, because I leveled mostly through RVR. I'm now rr60 with two parts conq (one from ah), three parts vanq (two from bags) and already 75 invader meds (+ belt from goldbag). Looks like I'm going to have full invader before vanq with this char.
My engi and wh had vanq way before invader. They leveled more through scs than RVR and we're like rr42/43 when they hit cr40.
None of my chars were even remotely close to having full conq before they hit rr50. I just don't see how you would have to play to get full conq before rr50. After that you get vanq parts in bags and vanq med drops. You could exchange them to buy the rest of conq, but that always looks like a huge waste to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Brickson on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

VindicoAtrum

Post#17 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am

Brickson wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:01 am
Spoiler:
VindicoAtrum wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 am

You need rr50 with cr40.

My SM was rr50 before I hit cr40, because I leveled mostly through RVR. I'm now rr60 with two parts conq (one from ah), three parts vanq (two from bags) and already 75 invader meds (+ belt from goldbag). Looks like I'm going to have full invader before vanq with this char.
My engi and wh had vanq way before invader. They leveled more through scs than RVR and we're like rr42/43 when they hit cr40.
None of my chars were even remotely close to have full conq before they hit rr50. I just don't see how you would have to play to get full conq before rr50. After that you get vanq parts in bags and vanq med drops. You could exchange them to buy the rest of conq, but that always looks like a huge waste to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I'm levelling through rvr only. Result is chars with enough conq medallions and rr45 at cr 28 (can't even wear full anni yet), it's painfully slow xp gain.

Worse still is that due to my cr I'm getting soldiers medallions from rvr kills :lol: :lol: Do love some soldiers medallions at rr 45 :geek:

Fatpig

Post#18 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:08 am

I hit 40 end of last week on my RP (but hit RR61 at the same time).
Same as you, was in anni gear.
However i now have x 4 Vanq and enough invader medals for 1pc

Just get yourself into a decent guild/WB and get lucky with gold/purple bags :)

Ads
RuffRyder

CONQ & VANQ

Post#19 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:03 pm

While the amount of gold bags depends on what time of the day you play - sometimes you have many zone locks in a short time, when a City siege ends and it's mid-tier time compared to EU prime with one open pairing left - nowadays it's not that viable anymore to get your RR as high as possible not matter what, like back in the day when Conqueror gear has been the endgame set.

The goal is to find some kind of balance between only leveling RR (and maybe even using XP reduction scrolls, which you really don't need nowadays with fast RR flow) and leveling XP, which is also quite fast when getting all kills quests from RvR (including e.g. the keep defense ones).

The higher the difference between XP and RR becomes, the more the discrepancy will be between the gear you can actually wear now and the gear that your RR would allow you to wear once you hit 40.

Still what I don't get is:
Zone locks give you 3 vanq
Zone locks give up to 20 Vanq medaillons from what I know, so with some effort in the zone (compared to zone-jumping for many bag rolls) you will get much more than only 3 for a lock. I don't really count them nowadays since I have 1k+ sitting in bags anyway on my main(s), but even on my recently played lowbies (28/42 and 31/43 without XP scrolls and with SCs inbetween for weapons) I have 100+ Conq and 40ish Vanq, Anni already completed so with buying Conq boots and gloves I'll probably be fine with Conq once I hit 40 or shortly after, while I already get a few Invader and Royals from forts or border zone defenses.

And no, I'm not carried by currency-passing guild groups all the time, it's mostly solo/PuG PoV.

The problem of gold bags ofc still persists as long as you didn't hit 40, yet - so the sweet spot for getting the best gear will probably be keeping the XP and RR quite even all the time (to get Conq drops once you are CR 40), or keeping leveling in RvR and do PvE once your RR is 40ish, to get Beastlord/Gunbad/Tome Jewels done.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Akalukz

Post#20 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:11 pm

They should change the currency drops on BO tic / Zone flips to RR instead of CR. As well as update some Scenario quests to better reflect the change in Renown gains. At lvl 33/RR51 I am getting soldier emblems for scenario quest rewards and officer medalions for flips/tics in rvr. As well as not being able to spend 51 renown points only 33.

EDIT: to add this gating is only hurting new players. Most old time players will have the gold / extra currency to buy boots/gloves on AH etc. Make RR40 = Conq and RR50 = Vanq/Dom regardless of Unlocks / CR lvl
-= Agony =-