Recent Topics

Ads

Is there a thread about the ridiclous Renown gain changes post-patch?

Let's talk about... everything else
Oglaf
Suspended

Is there a thread about the ridiclous Renown gain changes post-patch?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:02 pm

If so, please direct me to it. If not... what the heck is going on? Not getting Renown for assisting on a kill outside of your party (i.e in a multplie party scenario or oRvR warband) is a.... quite questionable change indeed! Did you feel like people ranked up in Renown Rank too quickly or what? Ludicrous!

Ads
Acamano

Re: Is there a thread about the ridiclous Renown gain changes post-patch?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 pm

I hope this change doesn't promote players not zerging:/… Im really going to miss catching the afk coat riders at the back of the zerg lines.

kirraha

Post#3 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 pm

I remember when hitting rr80 was a thing. Now it's just another ''meeeh another one, again?'' :D

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Like... seriously. I don't even want to do Scenarios now because the XP-to-Renown ratio is so whack that you outlevel your Renown Rank too quickly!

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:32 pm

Oglaf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:02 pm Not getting Renown for assisting on a kill outside of your party (i.e in a multplie party scenario or oRvR warband) is a.... quite questionable change indeed! Did you feel like people ranked up in Renown Rank too quickly or what? Ludicrous!
The change does not affect your earned Renown Rank experience/Career Rank experience

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:04 am

GamesBond wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:32 pm
Oglaf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:02 pm Not getting Renown for assisting on a kill outside of your party (i.e in a multplie party scenario or oRvR warband) is a.... quite questionable change indeed! Did you feel like people ranked up in Renown Rank too quickly or what? Ludicrous!
The change does not affect your earned Renown Rank experience/Career Rank experience
Yeah so I've been told (had that sign image shoved in my face multiple times), yet the in-game chat is full of people reporting issues with it so...

Xumae

Post#7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:50 am

someone explain the renown changes to me as if i was a small, stupid child please. Hypothetically ofc
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:01 am

Xumae wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:50 am someone explain the renown changes to me as if i was a small, stupid child please. Hypothetically ofc
People are reporting that kill contribution being locked to your party rather than warband/scenario party.

Basically the PvE kill contribution change carrying over to PvP.

Ads
Futuro

Post#9 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:15 am

im a bit confused myself

For example If im in a warband but im in group 3by myself cause not enough people have filled up the warband yet or the same situation in a sc, will the Renown and XP stay the same as before or will i get no xp/renown cause i was only able to do lets say 1% damage to the person that was killed but group 1 was able to do 99% ?

or has the only thing that has changed is getting credit for lets say the kill 20 people quest if my group doesn't do the most damage to the person ?

Hadann

Post#10 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Read patch notes. The change is only for the kill quests and how getting credit for it works. Your xp and renown still work the exact same way.