Recent Topics

Ads

Class matchup in City - which is better

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Class matchup in City - which is better

Post#21 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am Warrior Priest ===== DOK - For healing both the same
im only taking in consideration healing spec:
Warrior Priest >>>>> DOK => WP can bring group wounds buff and have higher healing output (ED).
Wounds debuff in City Siege, is completly overrated. Thats because against anyone with slightest clues how to play this game, it gets constantly shattered. On top of that order is constantly wounds debuffed by Chosens, even if Des is too lazy to press shatter on CD (wait, what CD with CDR?). The only real pro of WP over DoK is ED... and yes, WP > DoK on it's own.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#22 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Rapzel wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am but those in the know are aware that in City Mara is still better
Who are those people?

I would say that WP is better than DoK in city, with the wounds buff, pair it with a RP and you've got Init and Wounds buffs covered.

Your point about how Shaman is better than AM in city is just as true for RP vs Zealot, RP has a lot more defense than a zealot.

Yes Melee Squig is better than ASW in city, but ranged SW actually seems to be doing damage now instead, which rSH doesn't. And SW brings Hunters fervor.

Slayer vs. Choppa, you talk about how AoE cd increaser is good on mSH and then forget it here.

WL vs. Mara, who plays with pet in city? Have you heard of the Loner AXE GOES WHRRRR spec? Infinite pounce with AoE interrupt, it's really good when well utilized.

Engi vs. Magus My opinion is that both careers are under utilized, but engi has some really nice synergies with BW, their dmg reduction m2 is also not a bad slot and Concussive mine is a tactic I feel is way stronger than people think.
But I agree, I see them as about equally balanced.

KotBS outshines Chosen until you hit BiS and RR 80, with access to tactics such as Dirty Tricks and Focused Mending and abilities like Vicious slash, On Your Guard!, Stay Focused and Vigilance.
Sure chosen gets 50% parry vs. 10% block and 15% parry but that only makes the chosen better when they're both BiS when it comes to avoidance.

BO vs SM, Think both are good, SM being more offensive and BO being more defensive, I feel it's situational which one is the better. With WW/WAAAAAAAGH! they're both really good in city, that said
BO is probably the better overall tank.

AM vs Shaman, Shaman is way more defensive yes, but so is RP vs. zealot (which is way more offensive instead) overall I think they're quite similar but there's a higher skill cap need to make a healing AM really shine. Shaman probably has the edge though because of it's more defensive nature and the easier morale pump mechanic, but the AM healing and puddle is also really good in the hands of a capable healer.

BG vs. IB, neither is great in city wbs. BG is the better career imho, not for mind killer + tactic in my opinion but because of the fact that they gain Hatred from hitting things. The absorb, Crimson death, 2x interrupts, FoF and having Wave of Scorn in the defensive tree vs. a tree that lacks and group utility really makes IB feel inferior to BG.

Mara is better than WL because it counters 6.5/8 DPS classes of order, has great utility, and good damage. WL ignores its mechanic to AoE, brings good damage, and poor survive.

WP and DoK are a wash due to Wounds buff + ED vs better cleanse and Sac skills.

Zealot is better than RP due to WoI, Windblock, and Daemon Spittle affecting corp resist with tactic vs just armor.

AM/Sham is a wash due to them both being better for their own realm. But AM gives a good advantage in Stage 2.

RSW damage is loldps and not real, not even a little. MSH also brings amazing utility.

Slayer is better in the fact its more integral to the core of Order WB but choppa is no means bad and synergizes very well with des wb.

Magus is better than engi due to damage types, better rift, and has a better synergy with Mara than anything order has.

Knight is better due to aoe snare, 5% crit, and m3 drop.

BO/SM is interesting because pre-morale nerf BO was hands down the best tank in the game for cities. Now I think its a wash; BO brings Waagh and M3 where SM brings WW, Raking Talons, and conal interrupt.

BG >>>>> IB 100%; brings AoE snare, mindkiller, wounds debuff, crit increaser, best punt in game.

WH > WE 100% in city. You can either DG backlines to out HD or go an Exco build which helps secure Stage 3 (which you need a lot because Mara is just plain stupid as champ with monstro proc if you arent a BW stack).

BW > Sorc for obvious reasons.

So, yea you wrong Rap. Get gud :P And final real count is 5 Des is better, 3 order is better, 4 Ties.
<Montague><Capulet>

Chuba

Post#23 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:53 pm

I'm surprised that every one is still crying about mara and nobody points at the OP Rampage skill from the slayers who is just a tank crusher, even if you have better def procs on chosen. Stack 5 slayers and you counter every **** melee destro front!

Manatikik

Post#24 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Chuba wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:53 pm I'm surprised that every one is still crying about mara and nobody points at the OP Rampage skill from the slayers who is just a tank crusher, even if you have better def procs on chosen. Stack 5 slayers and you counter every **** melee destro front!
Biggest issue with complaining about rampage is that it take a~10s to use then another 10s to start being able to deal damage with it and in those 10s before it’s dealing large damage you have typically 9 classes with Shatter Enchantment in a destro WB with every party having at least 1 CD decreased that lets your frontline neutralize Rampage before its a problem; the main reason people don’t always do this is because they are just mindlessly doing their own thing instead of proper counterplay. Configure Buffhead/Aura to alert you to this and you can melt the Rampage easily.
<Montague><Capulet>

Rapzel

Post#25 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 pm
Mara is better than WL because it counters 6.5/8 DPS classes of order, has great utility, and good damage. WL ignores its mechanic to AoE, brings good damage, and poor survive.

WP and DoK are a wash due to Wounds buff + ED vs better cleanse and Sac skills.

Zealot is better than RP due to WoI, Windblock, and Daemon Spittle affecting corp resist with tactic vs just armor.

AM/Sham is a wash due to them both being better for their own realm. But AM gives a good advantage in Stage 2.

RSW damage is loldps and not real, not even a little. MSH also brings amazing utility.

Slayer is better in the fact its more integral to the core of Order WB but choppa is no means bad and synergizes very well with des wb.

Magus is better than engi due to damage types, better rift, and has a better synergy with Mara than anything order has.

Knight is better due to aoe snare, 5% crit, and m3 drop.

BO/SM is interesting because pre-morale nerf BO was hands down the best tank in the game for cities. Now I think its a wash; BO brings Waagh and M3 where SM brings WW, Raking Talons, and conal interrupt.

BG >>>>> IB 100%; brings AoE snare, mindkiller, wounds debuff, crit increaser, best punt in game.

WH > WE 100% in city. You can either DG backlines to out HD or go an Exco build which helps secure Stage 3 (which you need a lot because Mara is just plain stupid as champ with monstro proc if you arent a BW stack).

BW > Sorc for obvious reasons.

So, yea you wrong Rap. Get gud :P And final real count is 5 Des is better, 3 order is better, 4 Ties.
So we're agreeing on IB and BG, BO vs SM, KotBS vs Chosen.
We disagree on AM vs Shaman where I think shaman has an edge, engi vs. magus where you think magus is stronger. And apparently SW vs SH, where we both agree on mSH being strongest spec, where I believe that loldps is better than the no DPS rSH brings.

My WL vs Mara comment was towards OP talking about how the pet just dies, who runs guardian in city (just like who runs rSH without TA)? I don't think WL is close to mara, because mara seems to have been overtuned again, the forum threads about how to fix the career with restoring TB into something that's useful again, is something I'd rather see.

And I literally have no idea who's the better healer between Zealot or RP, I might have been unclear, but the message I tried to get across was that you can't base your reasoning around which one of a career and it's "mirror" is stronger, based on which one is more "defensive".

Have you found the GIF button yet Fen?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 am

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am Warrior Priest ===== DOK - For healing both the same
im only taking in consideration healing spec:
Warrior Priest >>>>> DOK => WP can bring group wounds buff and have higher healing output (ED).
Wounds debuff in City Siege, is completly overrated. Thats because against anyone with slightest clues how to play this game, it gets constantly shattered. On top of that order is constantly wounds debuffed by Chosens, even if Des is too lazy to press shatter on CD (wait, what CD with CDR?). The only real pro of WP over DoK is ED... and yes, WP > DoK on it's own.
I dont mean that its a UBER buff, or that dont have counter....what i mean is that wounds buff is 1 more tool for WP that Dok Dont have.