Recent Topics

Ads

Quality of Life Changes

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: Quality of Life Changes

Post#21 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 pm

sogeou wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 pmAoE, single target? You make a big claim, show me some proof. BW has better AoE than, might think by looking at it, but sorc combo with IW with chop faster has always been strong. Spamming 1600 crits non stop for a few GCD is super strong.
When was the minimum 5 second cooldown on Infernal Wave removed?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
sogeou

Post#22 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 pm
sogeou wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 pmAoE, single target? You make a big claim, show me some proof. BW has better AoE than, might think by looking at it, but sorc combo with IW with chop faster has always been strong. Spamming 1600 crits non stop for a few GCD is super strong.
You had to use chop faster. Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds.

Acidic

Post#23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:41 pm

sogeou wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:39 pm
They made it so IW and tactic is not affected by CD reduction, u can not spam it, 5 sec cd is the lowest it gets, probably a good thing :)

Omegus

Post#24 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:59 pm

It has a minimum cooldown of 5 seconds regardless of Chop Fasta. Who are these sorcs spamming it every GCD? Do they actually exist?

edit: "IW with chop fasta has always been strong" from what I can tell - and I could be wrong - IW has had a minimum CD of 5 seconds since 2017.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sogeou

Post#25 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:59 pm

It has a minimum cooldown of 5 seconds regardless of Chop Fasta. Who are these sorcs spamming it every GCD? Do they actually exist?

edit: "IW with chop fasta has always been strong" from what I can tell - and I could be wrong - IW has had a minimum CD of 5 seconds since 2017.
It was a change they made wayyyyyyyy after I did it for 8+ years.

anarchypark

Post#26 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:04 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pmDestro went from dominating the server to getting crushed in the matter of two weeks with no significant class balance specific changes made. It's not a class balance issue, it's the result of player behavior, which in itself isn't an issue that development can fix. Any realm that gets more organized is going to have more success. This is what people have been saying for weeks, and it only took reaching a tipping point for the battlefield to flip.
Destro started getting crushed in forts after the absorb changes. Destro have always had a harder time taking forts over order partially due to class balance issues and partially due to differences in overpopulated classes, and while the absorb nerf in theory affected both sides equally, for destro and what it has to face when taking order keeps it proved to the the tipping point that caused almost every single fort attack to fail over and over and over again. It was tough before the changes and seemingly impossible afterwards. Throw in all the various bugs with the combat formulas and the classes which have benefitted from them and it's been a very rough time for destro players.

After enough time spend doing this plenty of people did a "**** this **** I'm out" and flipped to the side where it's easier to gear characters in invader. Then another patch hit which increased the number of invader bags which is perfect for the side winning forts as it's one shared pool of bags (why btw?) so players are incentivised more to play the side that wins forts easier which is currently order.

Remember when the minor change to end zones caused massive changes to player behaviour? Well, the bug fixes / changes and added rewards have done the same to forts. You know it's bad when order are pushing against locked ICs just to farm invader tokens and bags quicker without caring for a 1 star city siege.

Hopefully it calms down a bit when enough people have geared their characters, but that doesn't mean the underlying issues with destro in forts are fixed.

when destro dominating
how many order did a "**** this **** I'm out" and flipped to the side where it's easier to gear characters in sov ?

now how many are coming back to order for invader ?

and how many fliped side per each class patch ?

tracking these numbers back and forth has any meaning ?
if I go SC after failed siege ppl will cry xrealmer cuz 1 of enemy player will join orvr to leech reward.

ppl want to seek target to blame.
I find it on trolls. guess your target is balance.
you picked hard one to prove, GL
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

lyncher12

Post#27 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm

QOL isnt in the vocabulary when it comes to this server. outside of someone playing a broadhead arrow spamming sw I'm not sure how they came up with changing hots and dots.

Rydiak

Post#28 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:01 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm QOL isnt in the vocabulary when it comes to this server. outside of someone playing a broadhead arrow spamming sw I'm not sure how they came up with changing hots and dots.
Be careful with that edge. Don't want to cut yourself with how sharp it is.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Vandoles

Post#29 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:41 pm

QoL changes are aimed at mostly casual/not hardcore people. As a gamer dad I wasn't even aware how dots clipped. Let's not forget casuals = every single possible new player and potential player, as tryhards/hardcore people are already all playing or played and quit. More QoL stuff please.

Detangler

Post#30 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:51 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Remember when the minor change to end zones caused massive changes to player behaviour? Well, the bug fixes / changes and added rewards have done the same to forts. You know it's bad when order are pushing against locked ICs just to farm invader tokens and bags quicker without caring for a 1 star city siege.

Hopefully it calms down a bit when enough people have geared their characters, but that doesn't mean the underlying issues with destro in forts are fixed.
This. This is why Order nonstop pushes zones. Invaders are a pain to get and a designed gate to the next level gear. Same w Sovereign. Due to recent changes we have seen: increased bags in forts AND increased royals from orvr bags.

Now if you were the typical Order rDPS player, would you rather wait for a 2* city and most likely get stomped all 3 rounds for your measly 3 medallions, or just follow the zerg and collect your invader/royals capping zone after zone with 2-3x the numbers. Who cares if IC is not safe and you're just gonna reset the campaign after taking the 2nd fort. You still get your 6 invaders. Its not a hard choice to make.

No, this will be the new normal for a while. Either learn to fight it or go level up your order alts playing PvDoor.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable