Recent Topics

Ads

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Let's talk about... everything else
loranbg

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing this game for a while now and I've noticed a massive issue on destruction side.

Most of the time destruction seem to lose scenarios, and I've only won a single siege battle in the past 5 days. Most of the time destruction is outnumbered heavily. Today was the worst I've ever experienced. For about 4 hours straight order had a population of 250+ against destruction's barely 100 players in orvr's.

With this population ratio between factions this game is almost unplayble, especially since its a PVP focused game. It's not fun getting completely destroyed for days on end because one faction simply has the higher numbers. Tactics don't seem to make a big difference, not when the population is so heavily skewed to one side. Order just end up surrounding a keep on all sides and its always a huge clusterfuck. On the offensive side these skewed numbers also make assaulting a keep completely impossible. Some might say "do scenarios then", but scenarios(16-39) are becoming worse and worse with every passing day, mainly because it feels like everyone is jumping on the order bandwagon and switching factions. My scenario win-ratio is like 1:9 at most, however I suspect its far worse than that. Yes, I am playing with the team. Yes, I am playing my class well and supporting as much as I can as well as focusing down high value targets such as healers. I've pvped in WoW for about 15 years so I'm quite experienced at PvP, especially 1vX situations, so I can hold my own exceptionally well at times.

I've also tried looking for scenario premades, but it seems like that's a rarity on destruction side. I haven't been able to find one or get into one, and as a somewhat new player to this game I don't feel like im experienced enough to lead a group of my own.

I'm at a loss for what to do here. At this state it feels pointless to continue grinding and playing the game simply because you can't get enjoyable, even-sided fights. Its a great game, but the **** up population ratio is really putting me off and is making me question if its worth continuing on to cr40. Who is to say I won't just end up getting farmed by a faction which has almost 3 times our numbers for months on end, only to finally quit when I could have done so a lot earlier. I'm going to keep chugging along for as much as I can, but should this disproportionate population continue as is I doubt I'll stick around for two weeks at most, and I sure as hell am not jumping on the faction rerolling bandwagon(frankly its pathetic).

I hope someone can clear out the situation as to why the population ratio is so screwed up recently, or perhaps point out something that i'm missing. I apologize for the rant, and if this topic isn't in the right thread, but I had to post this somewhere and hope this game's awesome community somehow steps up to fix this issue which could lead to the game's eventual(2nd) downfall.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Not to be an asshole. But ive seen quite a lot of posts today from ppl with only a few posts so far about how destro is unplayable and looses everything after the recent changes. Ive been on these forums pretty much every day since this project started, and i believe that someone is trying to start a "destro needs buffs" campaign here by posting a lot of new topics with nearly identical messages. Im really sry if this should not be the case but to me it pretty much looks like it.

loranbg

Post#3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Destro does not need buffs, destro needs players bro. And yes, you are being an asshole. As a new player to this game I am offering a new player's perspective on the situation. Tell me, how is a 100 vs 250 battle for the past 5 days fun/fair?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 pm

I mean your acc has been created 2015 so you should know how the population swings like a pendulum from one side to the other. Order got some buffs recently and destro some nerfs (which i dont really want to discuss here since its off topic) so its only natural order will be the higher populated side atm. Pretty much 4 weeks ago i always got steamrolled by destro in rvr and lost most of my weekend warfronts to destro premades. So theres that.

loranbg

Post#5 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 pm

My account is made in 2015, i played for a bit, came back in 2017, and now Im here again (started playing this game again about a week ago). No, I do not know how the pendulum swings. I really know nothing about the buffs/nerfs to whatever is going on in the recent patches, frankly I know too little to be able to make a judgement on that front. But hell, if some nerfs or whatever caused such a huge shift in population numbers then something must have gone wrong.

From what you are describing from your experience this "pendulum" issue has been going on for a while. Perhaps a balancing login system should be implemented so that factions remain fairly balanced at all times? Say there's too many order online, no more order can log on until destruction gets balanced out and vice versa. This would also fix the issue of players hopping between factions once they see that one side is winning.

Many times i've noticed how the population numbers for destruction drop by about 20-30 once a keep is being lost, and order numbers jump by about 20-30 which is rather suspicious. This is just my 2 cents on the matter. Whatever the case, a PvP game's success is largely based on being able to keep a balanced population. Even in WoW you can't get enjoyable fights unless the factions have almost even numbers. A good example was when I recently played classic on a 45:55 ratio server and the fights were mostly fair. The lower population faction ended up having better organization between guilds which usually let them win a lot of the organized world pvp fights. However, I heard stories from servers with a 35:65 or 40:60 ratio which ended up feeling unplayable for the underpopulated side.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Two weeks ago, and much before that, Destro outnumbered Order heavily. The pendulum swings.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Nameless

Post#7 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:26 pm

The influx of players on orders side is just fed up destro leveling their order's alts.

This is quite obvious when city occurs and suddenly underpopulated side got so many ppl online that some could not enter city siege cos not enough opposition. So yea, enjoy
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

marafado
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 pm

ohh Nameless im realy happy with your post m8, i thought im the only one worried about this minor issues.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:55 pm

Destro gets outnumbered in the lakes one time and here comes the salt and tears on the forums,

truly laughable, yes "end times" of the game indeed.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 pm

Effectively some of the (primarily) Destro guilds are throwing a temper tantrum. The dirty little secret here is that some large guilds effectively control the flow of play one way or the other by which side they choose to play on any given day. They may get bored and move back eventually.

Their ability to do this is, of course, a consequence of focusing on large-scale combat which favors zerg herding guilds over smaller, group-play guilds.