Recent Topics

Ads

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:06 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 pm Two weeks ago, and much before that, Destro outnumbered Order heavily. The pendulum swings.

It's all my fault, every time I come back from taking a break from the game the Destro population drops. I think its all those dirty x-realmers looking for an easy kill...

:lol: :P :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
marafado
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 pm

some guilds control the flux of players betwin factions and devs "try hard" to reverse (balance) that flux using nerfs and buffs !???

teiloh

Post#13 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Have you considered not running full warbands of Witch Elves and Savagery Marauders?

It's about organization and not balance.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 pm

There really hasn't been any heavy handed balancing from a development perspective. Mara caught some nerfs that were probably deserved, IB caught a couple pretty minor QOL buffs. The combat formula update was more a factor of just reviewing existing code and updating it than any attempt to balance. DOT changes are just QOL for anyone that ever used a DOT and noted that it interrupted the tick interval. Offhand weapon changes aren't specific to either realm. Toughness softcap isn't either.

This is all a result of player behavior. Maybe adjusting to changes, maybe playing a meta game of chess, maybe succumbing to boredom, or maybe just abusing systems to counter the "Destro OP!" forum threads. Change is good, roll with it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

havartii

Post#15 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Solution, rank your order toons while the iron is hot, switch when city if you have a high lvl destro toon. Game is working as intended.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Mordd

Post#16 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 pm

until they enact stricter realm timers this will be an issue. last few weeks Destro was pushing two zones at the same time to fort.
As soon as city pops order population drops and destro skyrockets.

Cornerback

Post#17 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 am

After weeks and weeks of destru zerging order 24/7, you deserve this.
Enjoy the ride, baddies.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Trickshaw

Post#18 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:45 am

I dunno 'bout population ratio or any of that jazz.

I do know that I've spent nearly all of my time in RoR (since I joined) playing scenarios for destro. I recently rolled up a couple Order toons because I made a thread about how bad Destro SCs were and I realized that I was lacking objectivity so I wanted to experience the the other side of the fence to gain more perspective.

I will say that, so far, I've had a few bad stints. Healer ratio disparity being probably the single largest contributor to losing streaks. For the most part though, it's been a pretty night and day experience. Order wins a lot more and not by a small ratio. It's not uncommon for me to go 3, 4 even 5 games straight just beating Destro into the ground. Bad. Like, real bad.

I can honestly say that I (because I can only speak for myself) never personally experienced a win streak of 3-5 let alone 6 games straight in a Destro pug. Not once. Level 1-40 from rr 0 to 50 all entirely in SC's as Destro. Never.

I can't tell you what the difference is. I honestly don't know. I don't know enough about all the classes to say it's 'X' mechanic or 'Y' ability so I won't even try to pretend to know anything about game balance between the factions.

But I can say, in my experience so far, it is P-R-O-F-O-U-N-D-L-Y more lucrative to pug for Order than it is destro.

Again... in **MY** experience.

Ads
Detangler

Post#19 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am

Ideas for successful gear grinding when massively outnumbered:

1. Run supplies in empty zones, and collect your bag when the zone finally flips.

2. Camp obvious and less obvious routes to keeps by yourself or with a group of likeminded allies when you are being sieged, picking off a steady stream of stragglers with that sweet, sweet AAO bonus. Collect your bag when the enemy flips the zone.

3. Go PvE if you can't handle either.

AAO is fun, and I will definitely enjoy the ride preying on your weak zerglings while the hive mind bashes on keep doors.

P.S. what game are you guys even playing, talking about Destro zerging for "weeks and weeks" while Altdorf ranks up to 4 and 5 on the regular. Meanwhile IC is sieged almost daily. Its like you live in a completely different world...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Vandoles

Post#20 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:00 am

By now everyone who has a destro char has geared him fully so what else is there to do but reroll order?