Recent Topics

Ads

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Re: Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#61 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:48 pm

I agree WL needs to be strong, I would even agree it needs to splat shaman. Not in 2 hits though. My argument is not to nerf it so it can't kill things, but it should take a bit more effort.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Bulwyf

Post#62 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 pm

I am a new player and have played on both sides. I can only speak for my own experiences. When I play Destro we have almost no healers in scenarios or out in orvr. The population balance is more in Order favor and that is being judicious in my choice of language.

When I play Order there is always at least one full or close to it warband in orvr for T1 and the T1 scenarios Order wins I would say 60% or so of the time. There seems to be more healers and tanks on Order side. When I play Destro on my BG or BO I notice I am one of the few tanks and there's no heals. Just a bunch of WE and random other DPS classes. My wife plays a DoK with my BG and she's the only healer in most of the scenarios so she gets targeted and dies several times which is of course frustrating for anyone.

I know back on live the population would shift from time to time. Destro was almost always the more populated and Order had more variety in classes esp. in having more healers. I don't know why Destro healers are so bad or at least appear to be but there's a definite lack of them at least in T1 play.

I realize that's not end game so end game players ignore it but if you are a new player it is an issue. I am sure the pendulum will swing back again but right now, yes, Destro has definite issues in at least T1.

nuadarstark

Post#63 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm

WL is overtuned, and I'm saying that as a dedicated Order player. There is room to tone down that class.

That said it can't happen in vacuum and it can't happen right now when destro has unparalleled cc and utility, immunities don't apply properly and Monstro procs are still bugged.

Take a patch that fixes all of those things, add couple of WL nerfs at the same time and we'll be good.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

M0rw47h

Post#64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm WL is overtuned, and I'm saying that as a dedicated Order player. There is room to tone down that class.

That said it can't happen in vacuum and it can't happen right now when destro has unparalleled cc and utility, immunities don't apply properly and Monstro procs are still bugged.

Take a patch that fixes all of those things, add couple of WL nerfs at the same time and we'll be good.
I bet many WL players would love to trade some ST burst for AoE KD :D

Acidic

Post#65 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:13 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm WL is overtuned, and I'm saying that as a dedicated Order player. There is room to tone down that class.

More like a WL player to demand both

baurogg
Suspended

Post#66 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Order needs attractive melee so that people play it. So its OK if WL is op. Order Tanks need to be overtuned too.

Enough Destro will be played anyway, if some Order classes are overtuned or not.

CountTalabecland

Post#67 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:49 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm Order needs attractive melee so that people play it. So its OK if WL is op. Order Tanks need to be overtuned too.

Enough Destro will be played anyway, if some Order classes are overtuned or not.
I dont think there's any concrete way to monitor that to make blatant power imbalance like that necessary.

I also dont think WL is OP, it is the best at one thing, mobile burst. Its not the most tanky and it doesnt bring a lot of utility. Its not all that dest crack it up to be but if they couldnt catch Goblins then no one on Order could. So WL is a good class in order to offset shaman/SH which are both good classes.

Order has Slayer and White Lion as two very strong MDPS that way more ppl should play by your logic. However even though they are "attractive" ppl still roll garbage RDPS for some reason.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

M0rw47h

Post#68 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:50 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm Order needs attractive melee so that people play it. So its OK if WL is op. Order Tanks need to be overtuned too.

Attractive melee? Like slayers, but reskined into WE? ;)

Ads
Lithenir

Post#69 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:53 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm

NO! Don't trade ST for AoE ****. WL needs to stay ST!

Kobra
Suspended

Post#70 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:09 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 am Bunch of Destro guilds re-rolled Order as we were tired of the incorrect forum narrative that Destro are OP which has driven changes such as the Mara aoe nerf, which was not warranted.

Order has for quite some time had both the best melee and ranged damage and significantly overpowered mirror match ups, you just didn't have as many hardcore guilds running pure meta setups. I suspect in maybe 2 months you'll have a massive Order overpop and big Order city stomps in addition to their SC, Keep and Fort stomps.

Maybe then we can revisit the conversation about the state of Mara vs WL, Choppa vs Slayer and BW vs Sorc once the point has been made.
This is pretty much exactly what is going on at the moment and it was all driven by changes that favor one faction over another, and is a player attempt to enforce well needed balance changes that appear to be largely ignored. However, this;

"Maybe then we can revisit the conversation about the state of Mara vs WL, Choppa vs Slayer and BW vs Sorc once the point has been made."

Should read.. Mara vs WL, rSW vs rSH, Choppa vs Slayer, KOTBS vs Chosen, WP vs DOK and AM vs Shaman.

The fact of the matter is, the game - as of the last week or so, has largely been unplayable for Destruction characters. What's the net result? The population continues to decline on Destruction. For me personally, I'm quite enjoying Crowfall right now since it launched into Beta. I like RoR, but feel at the moment it's not something that can be enjoyably played on Destruction. Given the general population, large number of people switching sides, I think others agree.