Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution in City

Let's talk about... everything else
Ilathira

Contribution in City

Post#1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:56 am

Hi all,
I have a question on contibution in city sieges. I usually play a Deff Tank and most of the time I end up in the lower third or quater of contribution (16 to lower). Combined with unlucky rolls I end up most sieges with zero bags. Since I'm deff my dmg isn't great, but I do what a tank is supposed to do. I guard, I challenge, I assist on my dd target, I kick tanks, I stagger... but I still end up with apparently no contribution.
I do not have this issue with the same tank in Forts. There I usually end up in the top 20 and then get screwed on the dice roll ( :D ). But in city it seems I can't get the same. It is kind of frustrating when I see Slayers getting showered with gold and purple bags, while thinking, they wouldn't be able to put out that much dmg if I wouldn't be running along side them.
So ... am I doing something wrong? Is this just incredible bad luck or is the system rigged against tanks?
What exactly gives you contribution in cities? Anyone got any tips?

Ads
Thunderbragi

Re: Contribution in City

Post#2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Thats a realy good question, im tank too and asking my self too. Is it posible that guard dmg counts?

Foltestik

Post#3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

what i see that tank have good contri if he guards good dps (top dmg / top kills)

losvtranse

Post#4 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:03 pm

From my experience the contribution system is pretty weird in two places:
  • 1) Instead of your contribution = your contribution bonus it looks like contribution bonus is awarded at 50 increments from the top of the contribution "scoreboard": first place gives you +750 bonus, second place gives +700, third +650 and so on until the low contribution places. So even if you're high on contribution but really close to someone else your contribution bonus difference will be at least 50, or even more if there are multiple people near the same contribution level (as how it actually should be, duh)
  • 2) I have a strange feeling that contribution system actually punishes you for trying hard to contribute: it seems that you get a huge contribution penalty for dying.

Detangler

Post#5 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:37 pm

City contribution is broken. Thats why they removed gear from gold bags after sieges went live after the first week.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Arcrival

Post#6 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Kind of removed it but it still stings bags=crests=gear soo you still are f***d
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

Nameless

Post#7 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Not dying at city stage 1 and 2 means low contr, no idea why. dying penalty feels like a myth. That from a healer prespective
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

anarchypark

Post#8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:57 am

SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads