Recent Topics

Ads

[Twitch Drops] - Which rewards do you prefer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Gravord

Re: [Twitch Drops] - Which rewards do you prefer?

Post#51 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:43 am

Trsh wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:53 am I understand that you are running this drop program to help streamers, but at the same time I feel that having high viewers numbers on twitch ( due to drops ) is one of the best ways to get new people in the game. I would go with double xp potions to encourage new starters and to help those who want to level alts
Last drop event brought RoR viewership to level of top active mmos for the weekend. Thats bound to result in certain amount of newcomers.

Ads
KissShot

Post#52 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Please do not introduce anything that moves us toward more "pay to win" style systems. We've all seen what that does to games, even small ones.

All rewards should remain cosmetic in nature (pets, talismans, mounts, etc.), maybe renown% potions would be fine since they are easily obtainable otherwise. I dislike the idea of giving competitive gear (temp slots maybe okay), gold (didn't like that in the last event, either), or anything that allows Twitch viewers to have an "easier time" than non-Twitch viewers. It will inevitably split the community.

^this might have been addressed farther up, but I didn't read the whole post. Thanks for introducing this, really exciting stuff.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#53 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:11 am

Trsh wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:53 am I understand that you are running this drop program to help streamers, but at the same time I feel that having high viewers numbers on twitch ( due to drops ) is one of the best ways to get new people in the game. I would go with double xp potions to encourage new starters and to help those who want to level alts
There are RR +25% potions, and the usual +50% CR and RR experience from the weekend warfront. Anything more simply has a bitter aftertaste for the community with mediocre RR players equipping trash gear.

Gildrick

Post#54 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:05 am

Aviator goggles.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#55 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 am

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Now, we are going to prepare the long list of rewards that will envelop some of the suggested rewards, considering they are feasible.

Also, we surely will have a long list that will support future events, so if you did not see your desired reward in this Twitch Drops event, there's a high chance it could be in the next one.

Malek666

Post#56 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Purple seeds.

GrandmaGary

Post#57 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Back on live there was a single use item you could get that would grant you +1 level. Could save you from the 50+ loses needed to level through scenarios at 39 /o/

sadistic

Post#58 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:46 pm

-90 day mount (or an account-wide timed mount?)
-30 day 100% XP off item for level 15 (for those that want to lock into T1)
-RR catch up items for those that are behind (maybe something that catches up with current rank
-cosmetics
-low level talismans

If this goal is to bring in new playerss then the rewards should be beneficial to new players

Ads
SuperStar

Post#59 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:34 am

Cosmetic gears the old ones.
We should get chance to get those items.
The Shield mainly!

Ralili

Post#60 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:21 pm

My favourite was the talisman bag . It also helped me as low lvl to get the 100g bag .