Recent Topics

Ads

Mourkain Temple Syndrome

Let's talk about... everything else
Klod91

Mourkain Temple Syndrome

Post#1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm new to the game, and while I realise that this is game is best played in a premade group with voice chat, I thought I'd make a suggestion to the snowballing issue in SCs.
So what I mean by Mourkain Temple Syndrome is that when one team rolls over the other, and because there is no coordination, the other team struggles to group up and they keep getting farmed at the edge of the Temple. This happens on maps like Maw of Madness and other similar maps as well.

As someone who has done boxing for many years I like the idea of rounds. Would it be technically possible to implement something like this?
So let's take Mourkain Temple as an example. The moment one team accumulates 100 points, players are reset to the spawn positions and a "new round" beginns. This would help a losing team to gather up and not have that awfull expirience of getting farmed at the edge.

Maybe this could be made as an Event? Just to try if people like it?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Mourkain Temple Syndrome

Post#2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 am

every round will be same if you were spawn camped earlier.
unless healer, tank or premade join after start.
in that case, they turn the tide w/o round system.

try surrender option.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

raistomen

Post#3 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:46 am

Klod91 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:29 pm I'm new to the game, and while I realise that this is game is best played in a premade group with voice chat, I thought I'd make a suggestion to the snowballing issue in SCs.
So what I mean by Mourkain Temple Syndrome is that when one team rolls over the other, and because there is no coordination, the other team struggles to group up and they keep getting farmed at the edge of the Temple. This happens on maps like Maw of Madness and other similar maps as well.

As someone who has done boxing for many years I like the idea of rounds. Would it be technically possible to implement something like this?
So let's take Mourkain Temple as an example. The moment one team accumulates 100 points, players are reset to the spawn positions and a "new round" beginns. This would help a losing team to gather up and not have that awfull expirience of getting farmed at the edge.

Maybe this could be made as an Event? Just to try if people like it?

just say "regroup here"

Shanell

Post#4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:26 pm

That actually sounds reasonable and new. I like that idea
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Detangler

Post#5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

The problem w the single murder ball scenarios and one side dominating is that its pretty easy to keep the enemy team occupied while the person holding it runs way to the back line to die when damage gets too much. Then someone else can easily snatch it before the other team gets close. 2 full holds of the murder all and its GG. Other team has no chance to turn it around.

I like the idea of it resetting to the middle after 250 points automatically and porting everyone to spawn. Gives the teams a fightin chance over the murderball again.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bregon

Post#6 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:35 pm

ROUND 1 FIGHT!

KO

ROUND 2 FIGHT!

KO

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Valarion

Post#7 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm

The boxing idea is an interesting one, but right now I'd rather have them concentrating on endgame, class balance and not **** up LoTD like Mythic did.

For those new to scs, just remember, there is a pug sc. This sc rotates weekly, and to find which sc it is, type /pug You shouldnt be rofl stomped in the pug sc and if you are, its probably a good time to head to another part of the game or take a break.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Akalukz

Post#8 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm
Spoiler:
The boxing idea is an interesting one, but right now I'd rather have them concentrating on endgame, class balance and not **** up LoTD like Mythic did.

For those new to scs, just remember, there is a pug sc.
This sc rotates weekly, and to find which sc it is, type /pug You shouldnt be rofl stomped in the pug sc and if you are, its probably a good time to head to another part of the game or take a break.
Partially true, been on Temple for weeks and weeks. Also, there are people that queue the PUG but are in discord etc. The chances of getting into the same pug scenario arae pretty large, so easy to game the game. pretty easy to spot as well.
-= Agony =-

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Valarion wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm
Spoiler:

For those new to scs, just remember, there is a pug sc.
This sc rotates weekly, and to find which sc it is, type /pug You shouldnt be rofl stomped in the pug sc and if you are, its probably a good time to head to another part of the game or take a break.
Partially true, been on Temple for weeks and weeks. Also, there are people that queue the PUG but are in discord etc. The chances of getting into the same pug scenario arae pretty large, so easy to game the game. pretty easy to spot as well.
PUG scen usually rotates monthly based on a poll. It's a manual process. If we wanted completely random PUG scen that would have been coded in ages ago. There really isn't good options for in-game polling. The surveys aren't the best format for them, and that's all we really have.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mytreds

Post#10 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm

They’re SCs man, you win some you lose some. Some you steamroll, others you get steamrolled. It’s the nature of PvP games. You can’t change it.