Recent Topics

Ads

Wanting to take Flight

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Orontes
Posts: 198

Wanting to take Flight

Post#1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 am

A recent patch addressed flight masters. Despite this patch focus, I find, quite often, I cannot get flight masters to work. Do others have this same issue?

Ads
User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 903

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm

I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
Bugs are like Pokémon - Gotta catch em all.

Fancy helping me become the very best, like no BT Manager ever was? Submit your bugs to the tracker and follow the format. If you've found a shiny (exploit), PM's or Discord please.

Orontes
Posts: 198

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#3 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm
I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

*I haven't been able to determine why it works some times, and not other.

thanks for looking into this.

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 903

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#4 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Orontes wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm
I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

*I haven't been able to determine why it works some times, and not other.

thanks for looking into this.
Run a repair in your launcher, or likely wait until tomorrows patch. Sounds like your missing an update.
Bugs are like Pokémon - Gotta catch em all.

Fancy helping me become the very best, like no BT Manager ever was? Submit your bugs to the tracker and follow the format. If you've found a shiny (exploit), PM's or Discord please.

Orontes
Posts: 198

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#5 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm
Orontes wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm
I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

*I haven't been able to determine why it works some times, and not other.

thanks for looking into this.
Run a repair in your launcher, or likely wait until tomorrows patch. Sounds like your missing an update.
Thank you. I will do that.

Orontes
Posts: 198

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#6 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm
Orontes wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Kaelang wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm
I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

*I haven't been able to determine why it works some times, and not other.

thanks for looking into this.
Run a repair in your launcher, or likely wait until tomorrows patch. Sounds like your missing an update.
Hello, I have run a repair, but still find a few zones that don't function, or don't function well. The flight masters in Empire zones are notably terrible. The flight masters in Ostland and Badlands won't ever work for me at all. I had no particular issues (except with the flight master in KV) before the patch fix. Now things are nasty. Have no others had these issues?

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 606

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#7 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm

All of the problems I've encountered with flight masters not responding when you click on them are due to the fact that I'm just not close enough to them at the time. I think that it has something to do with them being elevated above where you are standing and that some of them have objects in front of them that make it difficult to get really close to them. The Destro one in Kadrin Valley comes to mind, occasionally I have to circle around the stuff in front of him in order to get the flight map to activate. Try standing directly under the flight master when you click on him and see if that helps.
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/86
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/71

Orontes
Posts: 198

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Skullgrin wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm
All of the problems I've encountered with flight masters not responding when you click on them are due to the fact that I'm just not close enough to them at the time. I think that it has something to do with them being elevated above where you are standing and that some of them have objects in front of them that make it difficult to get really close to them. The Destro one in Kadrin Valley comes to mind, occasionally I have to circle around the stuff in front of him in order to get the flight map to activate. Try standing directly under the flight master when you click on him and see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go. It's so bloody annoying to be rotating around and around the flight master trying to get the bugger to allow me to fly off.

Ads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 66 guests