Recent Topics

Ads

Why is Destro the way that it is?

Let's talk about... everything else
Berzar

Re: Why is Destro the way that it is?

Post#51 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:03 am

Destro just lost another fort to Rain of Fire stacking. I think napalm is stacking too. Order bias is too strong.

How much longer must we cower in fear of stacking Lileath's arrow? I think Mistress of the marsh is stacking too.

Why is Destro the way that it is?
Last edited by Berzar on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

Ads
uanaka

Post#52 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:03 am

As a newly converted destro main, I wholeheartedly agree!

Xae

Post#53 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:15 am

https://imgur.com/a/PXtysuZ

Screenshot of things that is most definetly Not Happening, and is just a meme.

Pkunk

Post#54 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:25 am

Xae wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:15 am https://imgur.com/a/PXtysuZ

How can you make screenshot of impossible thing that does not happen? Are you a magician?
I am pretty sure the devs said that rain of fire don't stack. Several prominent order players
also said so!!1

Acidic

Post#55 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:59 am

Pkunk wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:25 am

How can you make screenshot of impossible thing that does not happen? Are you a magician?
I am pretty sure the devs said that rain of fire don't stack. Several prominent order players
also said so!!1
And you believe what “prominent order players” say ?
Ok devs one thing but that will be more, we can’t reproduce

But to rain of fire, if it realy stacked you would see three + rain of fire at the same time in forts, we see in these logs (and my own) them landing two sugggesting this is a lag and time stamp issue , maybe at worse start end time apply bug where last second you get two hits one from ending RoF and another from a starting RoF

Would be nice to know how the code for the stacking worked to be able to devise some tests so it can be reproduced

Manatikik

Post#56 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 am

Acidic wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:59 am

also said so!!1

But to rain of fire, if it realy stacked you would see three + rain of fire at the same time in forts, we see in these logs (and my own) them landing two sugggesting this is a lag and time stamp issue , maybe at worse start end time apply bug where last second you get two hits one from ending RoF and another from a starting RoF

Would be nice to know how the code for the stacking worked to be able to devise some tests so it can be reproduced
It’s really easy to test... one destro player stands still and two BW use RoF on him at the same time. It’s very obvious they don’t stack. When 30 of them are in roughly the same spot and people are moving in between them or some are ending while others are going obviously some will hit at the same time stamp.
<Montague><Capulet>

Acidic

Post#57 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:18 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 am

also said so!!1

It’s really easy to test... one destro player stands still and two BW use RoF on him at the same time. It’s very obvious they don’t stack. When 30 of them are in roughly the same spot and people are moving in between them or some are ending while others are going obviously some will hit at the same time stamp.
Well the thing is to reproduce those logs and understand them, big brain comments of it does not happen fail to understand it might not be a direct stacking issue but rather a start stop issue producing the logs as I said in my comment.
It’s clear it is not stacking for a full cast but the logs indicate that maybe start and stop is overlapping.

This could be lag, time stamping or code apply reapply happening (May even be working correctly)
To put in simpler words reproducing those logs and having a reason for them (one dev did to an extent) would quell this ongoing “feeling” some have

Xae

Post#58 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:06 pm

also said so!!1

The issue is most likely a combination of lag and edge cases causing the Limiting Mechanism to not work.

I have zero doubt that if you simply put a stationary single target in the middle of two vanilla Rains of Fire on a server with a handful of people on it would not stack.

That does not mean that during a fortress fight with hundreds of people, and probably dozens of RoFs aimed at choke points, it doesn't stack from time to time.

Limiting Mechanism in general seem to be pretty spotty lately, as I've taken 3+ "On Your Guard!"s in a single timestamp.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#59 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:15 pm

3-4 months ago i had a really weird situation where i was on destro, defending the keep, walked up to oil level where oil formally was and instantly died. there was no way this would be possible without rof stacking. people wouldnt have been able to target me and cast anything in the time it took for me to go from 100-0. i doubt it happens as much as people claim but double kd's and double pulls happen without knowing why so im not surprised this does too.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#60 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:48 pm

Wow, that's a great story. I wonder what your combat log looked like. Don't forget to turn on timestamps.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog