Recent Topics

Ads

Why is Destro the way that it is?

Let's talk about... everything else
baurogg
Suspended

Re: Why is Destro the way that it is?

Post#31 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Berzar wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 pm Why does Destro lose so many forts?
Too many melees in their ranks. They are overpowered in open terrain when they can just overrun everything but fortress takes a huge portion of that advantage away. On the other side Order has much more classes which are specialized in defending/attacking while not on the move. They are easy targets in open area for Destro Melee Death Balls but fortress gives them the distance they need.

Ads
Trickshaw

Post#32 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:14 am

Berzar wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 pm Why does Destro lack co-ordination?
More importantly, why did you hyphenate coordination?

KissShot

Post#33 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:53 pm ...After you die, make sure you have a healer rez you up, so you can go test it some more. I'll even help out by playing my Bright Wizard for a while.
LOL

raistomen

Post#34 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:53 pm I don't believe Rain of Fire is stacking. If you have time, please run into the nearest area where a dozen Bright Wizards are casting Rain of Fire and stand in it. Make sure to move around and jump and stuff too so we get all the details possible. Turn on your combat log and your timestamps, maybe make a video or stream it live on Twitch.

After you die, make sure you have a healer rez you up, so you can go test it some more. I'll even help out by playing my Bright Wizard for a while.
wouldnt you get better testing data of you had 2-3 warbands standing in the fire?

nat3s

Post#35 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Probably best i remove this, order melee cleave is completely insane right now. Slayers doing considerably more dmg than choppas.

Order have the better melee and ranged damage potential. City wins can only be less organised guilds or not many people going slayer / too many playing off meta classes like Engi, dps AM etc
Last edited by nat3s on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

p00ky

Post#36 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 am

nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm

You want to fix RoR you need to:

1. Buff order melee aoe cleave, nerf order ranged dps.
Man i hope your trolling or you have never been up against organized wb with slayers.

TwistedSister77

Post#37 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:50 am

raistomen wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:49 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:53 pm I don't believe Rain of Fire is stacking. If you have time, please run into the nearest area where a dozen Bright Wizards are casting Rain of Fire and stand in it. Make sure to move around and jump and stuff too so we get all the details possible. Turn on your combat log and your timestamps, maybe make a video or stream it live on Twitch.

After you die, make sure you have a healer rez you up, so you can go test it some more. I'll even help out by playing my Bright Wizard for a while.
wouldnt you get better testing data of you had 2-3 warbands standing in the fire?

I can tell you when I'm playing BW with other BWs... our Rain of Fires have not stacked. I'm pretty sure the forums would blow up with threads about it if it were. Maybe just a rare case where it appeared it was, dont know.

nat3s

Post#38 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 am

p00ky wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 am
nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm

You want to fix RoR you need to:

1. Buff order melee aoe cleave, nerf order ranged dps.
Man i hope your trolling or you have never been up against organized wb with slayers.

Yeah my post didn't age well, went up against NGE and their 7 slayer chain and it was just ridiculous. Order have the better melee and ranged damage right now by a considerable margin.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
baurogg
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Still destro won last city siege very clearly. Every nerf wasnt too much.
nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 am Yeah my post didn't age well, went up against NGE and their 7 slayer chain and it was just ridiculous. Order have the better melee and ranged damage right now by a considerable margin.
Destruction seems to have almost no rdps to compare with. That rdps has some advantages in siege situations, should be clear but if destro pulls out their melee death ball in SCs they normally win. If Order is able to copy they might win too but normally there are not enough mdps playing on Order side.
Last edited by baurogg on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#40 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm

baurogg wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm Still destro won last city siege very clearly. Every nerf wasnt too much.

The city score is no reflection of class balance.
You can have the best composition but you might face a hard counter and get steamrolled.
You might end up with people afk or dc and never comming back.
Common sense btw.
Last edited by madrocks on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lutz