Recent Topics

Ads

Why is Destro the way that it is?

Let's talk about... everything else
Mordd

Re: Why is Destro the way that it is?

Post#101 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:29 pm I love how "destro classes stronger than order and destro always zergs" but IC is constantly on 1 star.
I guess when order takes empty keeps it's just pure skill )
to bad you cant understand a simple concept that numbers win in orvr but cities are even numbers.
Funny how order pushes the zones and then all the sudden order numbers drop like a rock while a bunch of destro get on for city.
Average players will go to the easy side for cities. ORVR numbers go back and forth all the time.
Such simple concepts seem to be beyond you.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#102 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:43 am

You are the ones that keep crying how destro is always zerging while the opposite is often the case, but when that happens you don't care, you just ride the zerg happily into empty keeps/forts.
Join something organized once and you'll see how order can also win, did my first organized order wb last night and we won vs OP msh/mara warband.
For some reason it seems that it's common to say that even cities are zerging, how is a 24 vs 24 zerging can any of you solo pug champs explain that to me?

billyk

Post#103 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 am

Rekoom wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm Most mirrors are in Order favor i.e. Slayer, Knight, WP, BW, WL are all stronger in their given role than their Destro counterpart and they also happen to be the aoe meta making for very strong groups. You should play both sides to get a good perspective tbh.
lol, how you can say that with a straight face... you're Destro main, right?
There is not a single Order class that is stronger than its Destro mirror. Not a single one. The only Order classes that aren't totally gimped in comparison to their Destro counterparts are maybe WL and Engi (Never played Engi or Magus so I'm giving the benefit of doubt here, Magus seems stronger in rvr but that may be a fluke). Choppa is stronger than Slayer (Slayer is extremely overrated if you don't have a pocket healer, any 2H SM will outdamage you because you simply don't live long enough to rack up the DPS, have no pull or pounce to actually reach your opponents for AoE etc.), BO is stronger than SM, Zealot is stronger than RP, DoK is stronger than WP, SH is FAR stronger than SW and so on.

Also Sorc is stronger than BW because Corp damage is less often debuffed than Elemental damage in practice. Meta"pros" make the mistake of only calculating stuff on paper, where BW looks better, and not trying it in practice enough.

billyk

Post#104 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:32 am

TreefAM wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:43 am You are the ones that keep crying how destro is always zerging while the opposite is often the case, but when that happens you don't care, you just ride the zerg happily into empty keeps/forts.
Join something organized once and you'll see how order can also win, did my first organized order wb last night and we won vs OP msh/mara warband.
For some reason it seems that it's common to say that even cities are zerging, how is a 24 vs 24 zerging can any of you solo pug champs explain that to me?
It's zerg vs zerg. The fact that Destro blows Order out of the water in cities is therefore proof Destro classes are stronger because, again, Warhammer doesn't need much skill (And if you lakc the little skill that is needed, use Nerfedbuttons).

TreefAM

Post#105 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:38 am

Zerg vs zerg lol
It's obvious you are some sort of solo pugger from the posts above, and if you really have SMs outdming slayers then you might want to start finding different parties.
All melee dps needs healers/tanks to work properly, just join a warband that has more than two tanks in it and you'll see the difference.
But thats what most of you order clowns seem to be avoiding, just can't join a group.
First order organized city I joined last night on my conq knight (and it was a 12man + got filled with pugs) and we won vs another probably 12 (maybe more) man + pugs, not only did we win, but after the first fight we just decimated them with out 3slayer 1bw + the rest.

Diragi

Post#106 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:51 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 am Choppa is stronger than Slayer (Slayer is extremely overrated if you don't have a pocket healer, any 2H SM will outdamage you because you simply don't live long enough to rack up the DPS, have no pull or pounce to actually reach your opponents for AoE etc.), BO is stronger than SM, Zealot is stronger than RP, DoK is stronger than WP, SH is FAR stronger than SW and so on.
A Choppa w/o a guard is squishy AF as well. It's hard to take the rest of the list seriously when your first point is so wrong.

Like until recently the DoK has a better DPS spec than the WP, but the WP was slightly better in heals. But with the recent patches that is no longer true with the DPS side of things being equalized.

How can a SH be far stronger than the SW when the SW received buffs (with the SH being promised similar treatment but never getting them!!!)

Onigokko0101

Post#107 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:09 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 am
Rekoom wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm Most mirrors are in Order favor i.e. Slayer, Knight, WP, BW, WL are all stronger in their given role than their Destro counterpart and they also happen to be the aoe meta making for very strong groups. You should play both sides to get a good perspective tbh.
There is not a single Order class that is stronger than its Destro mirror. Not a single one. The only Order classes that aren't totally gimped in comparison to their Destro counterparts are maybe WL and Engi (Never played Engi or Magus so I'm giving the benefit of doubt here, Magus seems stronger in rvr but that may be a fluke). Choppa is stronger than Slayer (Slayer is extremely overrated if you don't have a pocket healer, any 2H SM will outdamage you because you simply don't live long enough to rack up the DPS, have no pull or pounce to actually reach your opponents for AoE etc.), BO is stronger than SM, Zealot is stronger than RP, DoK is stronger than WP, SH is FAR stronger than SW and so on.

Also Sorc is stronger than BW because Corp damage is less often debuffed than Elemental damage in practice. Meta"pros" make the mistake of only calculating stuff on paper, where BW looks better, and not trying it in practice enough.
rofl what. This has to be satire?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#108 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 am

LMAO

KOTBS aura can aoe debuff corp resist, also any engy can aoe debuff corp resist (the BW trains always run 1 engi to debuff)
Choppa is made of smoking paper (same as slayer), if you really play with slayers doing less dmg than tanks really need to look for another guild/grp
WP heal spec is better than DoK (dunno about other specs)
Zealot and RP are really close each other

Ads
Wam

Post#109 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:00 pm

some people should not really talk about realm balance when they are so clueless and biased.

Its mostly a learn to play issue on both sides. When the majority of server struggles to play core easy classes to a high level its not hardly surprising... people clueless about their own build/spec/gear/renown and their own teammates, never mind opposite realm (see things impartially and not with your own bias). This server realm wise is way more balanced than live, individual/organisational wise not so much. Both sides have issues with learn to play, order more so even though they have just as strong class wise if not slightly stronger classes post morale nerf. Just the solo pug mentality and lack of teaming and seeking competition / self improvement as held order back since many many years (order should smash alot more than it does in city and orvr (without the zerg)), its why order's guilds always have trouble with recruitment and you see whiny posts about balance and trying to change the system when system is fine as it can be, just players are the issue. But people looking internally and admiting they could do better, and improve is very unlikely... its just the other side is op and life/war is unfair, change the system so i can get easy BIS rewards instantly without any effort or teaming in a mmo :lol:

Same with destro ragequiters who fight /5 organised pug and leave instead of farming broken solo que engi setups and proclaim to be "organised" and searching for fair fights. Both sides whine, must be a headache for any dev to read and try take anything valid / serious from it because its beyond redicilous at times especially from some people who should know better.

Some niche classes can do with a bit of love and tweaking but besides that its pretty fair. (I.e Engi/Magus pet mechanic drags it down as its easy to counter) RSH and some others.

/keep up the salt 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Orgruk

Post#110 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 am lol, how you can say that with a straight face... you're Destro main, right?

Never laughed that much, thanks a lot for putting a smile on my face :D
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance