Recent Topics

Ads

mysterious damage to some players

Let's talk about... everything else
mpa3b

mysterious damage to some players

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 pm

I've been playing this game for a long time to understand that this is possible near the camp or under M4, none of these conditions are here. Can anyone explain to me how this is possible. If this is some kind of game mechanic, I also want to use it.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: mysterious damage to some players

Post#2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Looks to me like the first time you hit him with Ether Dance he was unguarded, and the second time you hit him with it he was being guarded.

No way to know for sure from that one shot of the combat log as I don't see evidence of a tank being involved, the only other damage you take is from a squig herder. However him moving into the range of someone guarding him makes sense to me...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

kok

Post#3 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Given that he did not attack you, he most likely detaunt you.
You are hit by detaunt AND challenge
Maybe a strength debuff from nearby BO (They do't need to hit you to debuff you)
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:58 pm

kok wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 pm Given that he did not attack you, he most likely detaunt you.
Maybe a strength debuff from nearby BO (They do't need to hit you to debuff you)

Also good possibilities, it could any combination of these things too.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

mpa3b

Post#5 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:22 pm

kok wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 pm Given that he did not attack you, he most likely detaunt you.
guard and chalenge has multiplicative effect and dmg must be 375(or 345)*0.5(guard or detaunt)*0.7(chalenge)=131.25(or 120.75).
in log i dealt 15 DMG.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:31 am

'Mysterious' things are common in ROR..

Let me give you a hint of a few mysterious things;

1) A certain, well known (and also previously suspended player) attacks you. Your client stops responding. No action. No spells. No movement. No camera. Then you die, and the client starts responding again. Mysterious.

2) WL pounces on you, and you lose 25, even 50% of your health. Yet the damage logs don't show this. Log parser doesn't show it. It's like magical damage that appears out of nowhere, slicing your HP in half, without actually showing anymore.. Mysterious.

3) You start to own a certain player. Suddenly your damage drops to almost nothing. Yet no guard around, no detaunt. Nothing. What happened? Why is it the same people this happens on? Mysterious.

4) An engineer attacks you. You sprint. You move 10% of the map away, but he's still hitting you. Mysterious.

5) An engineer turret locks onto you. You take damage, but no bullets come. Oh wait, you died, now the bullets showed up. Mysterious.

6) You see engineer, you move around the wall. Suddenly the bullets follow you around the corner, or through multiple walls. Mysterious.

Most people don't realize, this game was filled with hacks, exploits and cheat tools on live. Are we to believe it's not happening here? Of course it is. All of it, for now, I guess can be labeled 'mysterious' right?

Kask1

Post#7 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:18 am

Dont forget, when your hiding behind a wall in fort, no line of sight to any enemy and the nearest door is about 40ft away
constantly being hit by Rain of fire and phosphorous shells ----- Mysterious

Panel

Post#8 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:34 am

Don't forget .... when you are on the ground behind a 12ft thick keep wall getting hit by gas squig and magus pet- - mysterious

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:26 am

Kobra wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:31 am 'Mysterious' things are common in ROR..

Let me give you a hint of a few mysterious things;

1) A certain, well known (and also previously suspended player) attacks you. Your client stops responding. No action. No spells. No movement. No camera. Then you die, and the client starts responding again. Mysterious.

2) WL pounces on you, and you lose 25, even 50% of your health. Yet the damage logs don't show this. Log parser doesn't show it. It's like magical damage that appears out of nowhere, slicing your HP in half, without actually showing anymore.. Mysterious.

3) You start to own a certain player. Suddenly your damage drops to almost nothing. Yet no guard around, no detaunt. Nothing. What happened? Why is it the same people this happens on? Mysterious.

4) An engineer attacks you. You sprint. You move 10% of the map away, but he's still hitting you. Mysterious.

5) An engineer turret locks onto you. You take damage, but no bullets come. Oh wait, you died, now the bullets showed up. Mysterious.

6) You see engineer, you move around the wall. Suddenly the bullets follow you around the corner, or through multiple walls. Mysterious.

Most people don't realize, this game was filled with hacks, exploits and cheat tools on live. Are we to believe it's not happening here? Of course it is. All of it, for now, I guess can be labeled 'mysterious' right?
1) never happened to me. And ive been playing here since the start. Do you have a video recorded?
2) can you give an example? Sounds ominous.
3) probably buffs/debuffs or tactics/class mechanics. But again, can you give an example?
4) their range increases by standing next to their turret. And the last line of sight/range check is not when their ability goes off but much earlier while youre probably still in range. (same for nearly all abilities with cast time, and working as expected).
5) visual bug.
6) usually this happens on pet funnel abilities. The visual effect will play completely but the dmg actually stops once youre out of los. Ofc there are a few weird locations where pets can shoot through but to be fair even world of warcraft has this problem.

tefnaht

Post#10 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:32 am

Detaunt - 0.5
Taunt - 0.7
Bellow - 0.5
Immaculate Defence - 0.25
Guard - 0.5

All this in same moment - 0.02 dmg

Turn on in buffhead all debuffs on you thats cut damage and buffs on target thats cut damage.

If mitigated damage is only resist part (not 100% sure, mb absorbs applies to, or something else) - last string strange, before - 42% resist, after - 71% resist.