Recent Topics

Ads

Time to Re-Roll?

Let's talk about... everything else
redactedname87

Time to Re-Roll?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Hey all,
New-ish to the game. I didn't heed the warnings to slow down and focus on my RR level because I didn't have any experience with any of the characters and really wanted to see what the abilities were, etc.

Anyway, I've got a murderous sorc - finally - at lvl 39 with rr lvl 41. I have a ton of rested experience, so even the xp scrolls are not helping too much and lvl 40 is creeping up on me. Is there anything I can do to get caught up to a reasonable RR level within a decent amount of time ?

I've read the getting started guide, and that mentioned potions. I'm pretty shy of having enough seals to buy those potions. Not sure if I'm doing the right content to accumulate them efficiently, though. I primarily play SC's, which I love. I'll get involved in RvR if I can find a spot where there is active PVP, but I hate the parts that are just standing around, and I'm still too new to the game to really understand battlefield objectives and all that - im trying though.

Right now I'm equipped with the highest level officer gear that I can equip and weapon. I have talismans in all slots. Is there any gear paths you can recommend from here as well as any pointers to try to get caught up with my RR? I've started a second sorc because I'm so freaked out about turning lvl 40, but if I can avoid leveling up a duplicate character then that would be good lol.

Thanks for any input !

Ads
raistomen

Re: Time to Re-Roll?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 pm

You're fine just level.

Duukar

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:16 pm

40/40 is just fine. You are not at any real disadvantage. It’s probably even better due to how quickly you can get geared in conq at 40 in ORVR.

redactedname87

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Sweet thanks

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Duukar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:16 pm 40/40 is just fine. You are not at any real disadvantage. It’s probably even better due to how quickly you can get geared in conq at 40 in ORVR.
On a different note, how? I just hit r40 with my Choppa and I'm just looking at all the currency required with sheer dread...!

Artwork

Post#6 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 am

Oglaf wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:15 pm
Duukar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:16 pm 40/40 is just fine. You are not at any real disadvantage. It’s probably even better due to how quickly you can get geared in conq at 40 in ORVR.
On a different note, how? I just hit r40 with my Choppa and I'm just looking at all the currency required with sheer dread...!
It looks more intimidating than it is. Once you hit 40/40 (and then 40/50 and 40/60), you start getting medallions and emblems at a higher level that you can convert down quickly for lower level gear. Getting to 40/40 with enough meds for Conqueror, for example, is very difficult. Play the game for 10 or so hours after 40/40 though, and you'll have 1-2 gold bags with Conq gear, you can straight up buy the gloves and boots, and you'll have enough medallions if you play in a WB to buy the rest of the set (may have to downgrade a few Vanq medallions, but you should still be good.) From Conqueror gear, it's really just playing the game for a while to progress. Stay in WBs and Scenarios instead of trying to run solo, and you'll be fine quicker than you'd expect. Note: The minute you hit 40 in Anni or worse gear, you will get owned, almost regardless of class or skill. It's no fun, but it doesn't last very long.

Duukar

Post#7 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:29 am

The hardest thing to resist is not breaking down any invader medallions you get to speed up the process. Don’t do it! You’ll get geared quickly enough especially if you strategically drop a few Vanqs.