Recent Topics

Ads

Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else
thelebkaarna

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#91 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Orkni "Les valeurs d'échelle des dégâts étaient objectivement moyennes par rapport aux autres classes, tandis que la protection Monstro proc Armorpen est une grande valeur aberrante - en particulier pour une classe de donneurs de dégâts."
the sentence does not mean anything at the same time it says its not damaging but s a tank so we nerf because you have to choose between damage and tank. you just said that it was the case completely zero you tell anything

Ads
geezereur

Post#92 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:32 pm

So now both the damage and moral drain is nerfed in Aoe tree?
The Aoe damage was mostly alot of fluff damage with no death blows....

farng84

Post#93 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm

A few interesting impressions from mara in today's IC.
Hope that they will bother to copy their combat log and post it for further discussion

Miaso

Post#94 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 pm

yeah in my instance Mara still top damage, in an instance full of Choppa, BW, Slayer, so not too much seems to have changed

TreefAM

Post#95 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:06 pm

marafado wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:34 pm no worries boys, will be better when the xrealm guilds get "bis" in the destro toons :)
atm they are focus on destro side, but guilds like vii or wom need to gear main toons on order side ;p
patience and time...
What are you talking about, they already have sov on their order characters, cities aren't that new.

Acidic

Post#96 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:07 pm

geezereur wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:32 pm So now both the damage and moral drain is nerfed in Aoe tree?
The Aoe damage was mostly alot of fluff damage with no death blows....
Would strongly suggest that fixing the tactic to something useful or even functional would be a priority, in my opinion would have been pleasanter if the both fixed the tactic with the nerf.

Komaf

Post#97 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:02 pm

While I was reading this forum thread, it nearly blew my mind as to how many folks placed SW as a class that should be nerfed. This statement: SW all game cc and debuff + stun burst in particular, was interesting as I cannot express how often I read on Order chat that the SW is weak, sucks, isn't warband worthy, and otherwise.

In my own personal experience I by far prefer a Squig...especially to level up in, as SW leveling outside of being a free kill in a scenario just feels like ****, especially when stance dancing for the 25% mobility just so that my weak arse dots (as this game is the king of dots for every class, lol) kill something.

I guess SW's become a different class with sov gear vs most classes just going up a few tiers.
Zek - BW
Valiant - KoBS

satanicomoderno

Post#98 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Marauders are not even a problem. They are the most similar dps what Order has. I believe they did it because they fear to touch on Choppas or Squigs and balance it and destro players ragequit the game.

But if you're crying about that, go play as a WL and face a shamman or a msh or a dok, or a choppa with gtdc pulling you twice from a long range to the middle of their group.

Ads
Omegus

Post#99 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm
Tamarlan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:05 pm Please mirror all classes to end those drama threads...
Effectively, that is exactly what these Mara nerfs are doing. They are giving the Mara abilities the same PSM scaling as the WL AoE abilities.

There is no issue. Those abilities were doing too much damage, now they do the correct damage.
Is this the correct damage with or without +25% from loner? edit: we're also forgetting the pounce factor which lets WL apply their DPS much quicker than those silly Maras moving on their feet rather than through the air.

Proof that whinging in the right discord to the right people for days after losing a few cities will get the changes you want to feel better about the loss.
Last edited by Omegus on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

farng84

Post#100 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:35 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm Marauders are not even a problem. They are the most similar dps what Order has. I believe they did it because they fear to touch on Choppas or Squigs and balance it and destro players ragequit the game.

But if you're crying about that, go play as a WL and face a shamman or a msh or a dok, or a choppa with gtdc pulling you twice from a long range to the middle of their group.
Please note that gtdc has a 25ft pull range and does not pull with every attack. Also note that pulling enemies and killing them midair is a tactic common to both order and destro