Recent Topics

Ads

Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else
baurogg
Suspended

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#151 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:40 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:52 pm Yes because it's gtdc that's killing you lmao
Indirectly it gets a lot of kills for the choppa. So we have the pull from Marauder, White Lion, Magus and Engi and the additional one from Choppa. Guess Order could need one additional pull too or just remove it from the choppa OR normalize the class damage.

As long as Destro can win citys or attack 3 fortresses at once every nerf isnt too much.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#152 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:34 pm

And order never attacks 3 forts at once, you guys are a joke, choppas can never outdmg slayers and when a destro choppa warband faces a slayer one in cities it literally has to avoid the meatball fight or else it will just melt.
Pugs gonna pug I guess.

Also
[/quote]

You know that 1 sec max flight time and the related immunity are just killer... Which is why choppas in city and similar scenarios are advised to constantly use gtdc...
But really, remove it from the game, just give choppas an equivalent to rampage (at similar point of the skill tree)...also, could they get Untauchable as M1? I would even trade choppa fasta with shattered limbs, if this can close the choppa issue
[/quote]

But they aren't advised to constantly use it you zergling, if the choppas just spam it right at the start of an engagement they will give immunities to a lot of nonsense. The way you correctly use GTDC is move with the main choppa, get to the healerline and use it at the same time he does, you don't just spam it, but I guess you can't expect more from solo pugers.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#153 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:15 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:40 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:52 pm Yes because it's gtdc that's killing you lmao
Indirectly it gets a lot of kills for the choppa. So we have the pull from Marauder, White Lion, Magus and Engi and the additional one from Choppa. Guess Order could need one additional pull too or just remove it from the choppa OR normalize the class damage.

As long as Destro can win citys or attack 3 fortresses at once every nerf isnt too much.
As long as order can't organize proper warbands, proper city groups, then no nerf will ever fix order. This is a L2P issue through and through. Anyone that queues up for cities knows the absolute tragedy of order city groups. Development can fix this, it's order that has to fix it. Stop nerfing toons, and maybe create an educational video for order on how to properly formulate teams?

tefnaht

Post#154 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Kobra wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:15 pm
Spoiler:

As long as order can't organize proper warbands, proper city groups, then no nerf will ever fix order. This is a L2P issue through and through. Anyone that queues up for cities knows the absolute tragedy of order city groups. Development can fix this, it's order that has to fix it. Stop nerfing toons, and maybe create an educational video for order on how to properly formulate teams?
And again. When destro and order will have equal "meta" careers count and equal online - all will be "ok". If situation will be opposite, destro will have less "meta" careers and avg online ~20% less then order - win rate will be opposite too. Equal "meta" careers count - only balance question, equal online - tricky, but also can be manipulated by devs.

Vandoles

Post#155 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Kobra wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:15 pm

You're not going to MAKE people stop playing the classes they want.

farng84

Post#156 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:34 pm And order never attacks 3 forts at once, you guys are a joke, choppas can never outdmg slayers and when a destro choppa warband faces a slayer one in cities it literally has to avoid the meatball fight or else it will just melt.
Pugs gonna pug I guess.

Also
You know that 1 sec max flight time and the related immunity are just killer... Which is why choppas in city and similar scenarios are advised to constantly use gtdc...
But really, remove it from the game, just give choppas an equivalent to rampage (at similar point of the skill tree)...also, could they get Untauchable as M1? I would even trade choppa fasta with shattered limbs, if this can close the choppa issue
[/quote]

But they aren't advised to constantly use it you zergling, if the choppas just spam it right at the start of an engagement they will give immunities to a lot of nonsense. The way you correctly use GTDC is move with the main choppa, get to the healerline and use it at the same time he does, you don't just spam it, but I guess you can't expect more from solo pugers.
[/quote]

I was being sarcastic...

satanicomoderno

Post#157 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pm
satanicomoderno wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm Marauders are not even a problem. They are the most similar dps what Order has. I believe they did it because they fear to touch on Choppas or Squigs and balance it and destro players ragequit the game.

But if you're crying about that, go play as a WL and face a shamman or a msh or a dok, or a choppa with gtdc pulling you twice from a long range to the middle of their group.
If you had been paying attention to several threads over the past week or so, the feedback from Marauders were that their AOE was overtuned for the amount of survivability they already have in Monstro spec. Considering they're still doing quite well on city scoreboards, it didn't have a ton of impact. They're probably still surviving just as much and have slightly less burst to tear through Order melee lines using AOE primarily.

As I said Marauders are not even a problem. Dev team should be more focused on balance Doks, GtdC and MSH tree. That's what I said.

nat3s

Post#158 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 pm

If destro melee is nerfed you know you're going to make order fort dominance even worse right? A more holistic approach is required, you nerf destro melee you've got to nerf order range dps. That would help balance both cities and forts
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
baurogg
Suspended

Post#159 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:03 pm

nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 pm If destro melee is nerfed you know you're going to make order fort dominance even worse right? A more holistic approach is required, you nerf destro melee you've got to nerf order range dps. That would help balance both cities and forts
Or it makes rdps on your side more attractive, how it should be. I know they arent loved on Destro side but dont forget about those Magi or Magusses or whatever. I know there are a lot of high RR Magus out there but it seems almost everyone playing rdps on Destro side rerolled mdps. Same with Sorcerer but at least there are some to be seen, within the Melee Death Ball. rSH needs some love i would say, then player can again have fun with it and without 20 healer in their back.

Nerfing all Destro mdps may hit two birds with one stone.

Also i would not talk about dominance if Order was able to defend their last bastion. Its just the wrong word.

nat3s

Post#160 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 pm

baurogg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:03 pm
nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 pm If destro melee is nerfed you know you're going to make order fort dominance even worse right? A more holistic approach is required, you nerf destro melee you've got to nerf order range dps. That would help balance both cities and forts
Or it makes rdps on your side more attractive, how it should be. I know they arent loved on Destro side but dont forget about those Magi or Magusses or whatever. I know there are a lot of high RR Magus out there but it seems almost everyone playing rdps on Destro side rerolled mdps. Same with Sorcerer but at least there are some to be seen, within the Melee Death Ball. rSH needs some love i would say, then player can again have fun with it and without 20 healer in their back.

Nerfing all Destro mdps may hit two birds with one stone.

Also i would not talk about dominance if Order was able to defend their last bastion. Its just the wrong word.

Order dominate SC, forts and keeps, Destro dominate cities. The reason is due to order being overpopulated with RDPS where destro are overpopulated with MDPS. If you want to go down the path of nerfing destro melee to make ranged more attractive, you're going to need to think about the same for Order i.e. nerf their RDPS to make melee more attractive. If you don't you're going to make fort balance even worse. Eventually the fact BW bombs for roughly twice that of a Sorc would need addressing.

Anywhere where there is a wall and a funnel, ranged dps will dominate, hence order stomping forts every day. In a city where you can simply walk around ground targetted aoe with your melee, the melee cleave dominates (in pug play, it's much more coordinated in proper guild WB v WB).

Order are quick to whine, but other than cities they've actually got it really good, their mirrors are significantly more powerful in 1v1 play, they have the stronger melee train if only more people would roll melee for order and they have the best tank in the game (kotbs).
Last edited by nat3s on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG