Recent Topics

Ads

Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else
Grimfang
Suspended

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#131 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 am

Mara were fine on live after their buff. They then got a big buff here. Now a nerf to their damage in their survivability stance. Maybe just return it all to live values where they were never considered one of the gimped classes anyway.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#132 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:43 am
wachlarz wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Well the newly added AA proc is to make up for the fact you only have one 1h; the 10% parry is for the same reason. Also double armor is waaaay worse than completely ignoring all armor pen; so Mara and MSH are the only two classes that can't say **** to ASW.

Mara players are just naturally whiney i guess.
I understand that Maruder is so strong that Capulet dont use any Maruder in 6 vs 6 premade. And now will star use monstro Mara because of this sweet ignore armor pent proc. :lol:
what 6v6 has to do with cities?
So now game will be balance about city ?? City is 90% of the time in this game ?

tefnaht

Post#133 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 am
Spoiler:

I understand that Maruder is so strong that Capulet dont use any Maruder in 6 vs 6 premade. And now will star use monstro Mara because of this sweet ignore armor pent proc. :lol:
So now game will be balance about city ?? City is 90% of the time in this game ?
While we don't have normal way to get end game gear anywhere except city - sounds like a plan. Another way - scenario\pve sets with equal stats level.

Sundowner

Post#134 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:08 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 am

endgame gear comes from the city. But I don't think we should balance things around city, since orvr and small-scale are part of the game too. It is hard, but I think devs should strive for overall balance.

As for Mara, it retained ST damage buff, only aoe damage was nerfed, which is fair considering strong aoe cc and survibility, adding high aoe dmg to that is just overtuning one hero and messes balance not only for order (harder to win against stacked mara), but for destro too, since it reduces viability of other heroes.

p00ky

Post#135 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 am

Gurf wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm aoe damage should be nowhere near as good as single target
so lets get that slayer AOE reduced then :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alsayr

Post#136 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 am

Nerf BW damage!
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Pandastyle

Post#137 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 am

I agree with Foofmonger tbh, though I dont really remember what he was saying but he was right :D
I still do enough damage to not complain about it...on the other hand I am rr82 in 98% BiS so I cant speak for baby-maras.
But I will also not say that it was OP before...it was fine then, it is fine now if that makes any sense
TL;DR: Imho dmg-wise its still fine
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

tefnaht

Post#138 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 am

Alsayr wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 am Nerf BW damage!
Nerf choppa & sorc damage!

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#139 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 am

Grimfang wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 am Mara were fine on live after their buff. They then got a big buff here. Now a nerf to their damage in their survivability stance. Maybe just return it all to live values where they were never considered one of the gimped classes anyway.
This was a return to live values for the Monstrosity AoE damage values. Are you saying that the single target abilities should also be reduced in damage back to live values?
Source Developer

Krulgu

Post#140 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 am

Light armor is caster armor, SW wear medium, if you have more to say htan" you are just trolling" without somes arguments, that's will say you have wrong, and you not see the truth ?? you have try dual wield witha slayer with same weapons for see if that aqual to 65% damage boost of SW ?? you have try for see if you have 10% parry boost with dual wield too ??

i think no, the troll here is you,just look stats, look buffs have SW and mara with their stance and just compare the boost given to SW to the boost given to mara :

savagerie gift : 25% chance to put a dot on target and slow attack speed for 33%
vs
scout stance : 80 balistic AND WS AND 10% range
who win ??

brutality gift :25% chance to put one add attack with 25% dmage boost
vs
assault stance : ST/WS +120, double armor from armor stuff your ranged boost change in melle boost , +10% parry, auto attack damage boost 65%, 10 chance to haste auto attack for 33%

who has the best here ??

monstruosity gift : 25% chance to proc a self heal
vs
skirmish stance :toughness +80, +5 %crit on bow AND you can autoattack in move

i think one is better than other.

when you can see each SW stanc give stats where mara give .... 25% of chance to made something, SW stance give anytime boost, not a chance of doing something.
y
You call this a troll i call this facts, SW is more effective than mara, from 100 range in move, not in mellee, just devs will not see this too, like anytime when something does be made for nerf übber elves.