Recent Topics

Ads

WL has too much utility for such high burst.

Let's talk about... everything else
Kobra
Suspended

WL has too much utility for such high burst.

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 am

What I propose is this -

They can keep the Pounce, Knockdown, Snare and Pull. But should lose charge, disarm and silence.

Furthermore, I think the damage components of pounce and KD should be reduced by 50%.

What I noticed last week for the 24 hours WL pets were broken, PVP in ROR was probably the most fun, most balanced I have ever seen it. Then I realized why. Someone told me the WL pets were broken. This illustrated to me the brokeness of this class as it currently stands.

Having so many gap closing skills seems in one class seems to be pretty unbalanced. Pounce is powerful. Knockdown is powerful. Snare and Pull are very powerful. But having all of the disables/disarms/charges just seems way over the top. This wouldn't be so accentuated if their burst was in check. However their burst when combined with the damage components of pounce and KD, mean that they are simply too frontloaded on damage.

A lot of classes build their toons with the expressed purpose of trying to survive for more than 3 seconds from WL's. This isn't really how the game should be. When significant portions of players on one side are shoe-horned into designing their toons to survive one class, it means that one class needs adjustments - perhaps?

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: WL has too much utility for such high burst.

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 am

Only reason why they are so strong as its the only class that can kill Shammy's.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 am

Haha. ICWhatURDoing. The "Mara has too much utility for its damage" train is picking up steam and you are pre-preemptively attempting to get WL nerfed.

Likeaboss

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 am

WL has so much utility, even without pet that in 6v6 WL's leave with less damage than the tank, cuz cometitiv players nuke the pet at anytime...

So many gap Closer on 1 class... still talking about WL? Sounds more like SH...

60% charge for 10s
30% charge for 10s
pounce
self knockback

think about it.. ;)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

kirraha

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:40 am

I dont think its to op. Usually its fine just detaunt it and, maybe a pot to survive the burst that usually is first 3-5 sec. To many shamans go full paper with wp in their gear and no armor and wounds tali. How are you survive anything with no heatlhpoints since 99% of all wl open with kd? Use aoe detaunt, pot up to recover then survive.

Only cheapness I think the WL class has is that they are the only pet-class that can summon their pet on the move. Ofc magi and engi can instasummon but then you need waste a tacticslot.

But I guess summoning their pet on the move is not the end of the world. But I would prob feel a bit cheated if I did and had to stand still to summon a pet meanwhile wl can kite off into the horison resummoning their ranged snarebot while running ;)

ActAppalled

Post#6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 am

Also keep in mind that for City WL has to you use Loner tactic and without the pet they literally lose all utility, all they get in city is a 15feet interrupt (Mara is 40 feet) and lose a lot of single target burst (no co-ordinated strike or execute ability in AOE spec) while their one (out of 2) AoE attacks is interruptable and on a 13 sec cooldown.

I would be fine with some of the utility moving from Single target spec with pet to AOE city spec though, it would probably be more balanced.

Ramlaen

Post#7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 am

I thought outright trollish shitposting was frowned upon?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

nuadarstark

Post#8 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:04 am

It is if you're Order shitposting about overtuned Mara, Choppa or mSH, but Destro bitching about WL or Rampage is allowed.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
Sundowner

Post#9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:25 am

1. All WL utilities are bound to pet (and you running pet in city/against orginized wb's is a joke) except interrupt which is 1- career ability (mara's interrupt is core), 2- has 5 sec more cooldown than mara's, 3- is 15ft (when mara's is 40 ft), mara has AOE kd, while WL's is st. Mara has armor penetration shrug proc, while wl survibility is what should be for medium armor mdps.

2. mSH has more survibility (armor increase is core skill, while WL has armor increase tactic which no one uses and is 11 point career tactic, and MUCH more utility- core kd (doesn't require pet, while lion needs pet+career points for it, cd increaser with pounce, knockback, 9 sec snare with 5 sec cd (WL's snare was nerfed with 5/5 duration/cd)

3. If you are dying from WL burst, it's probably gearing and l2p issue.

WL/SW and Mara/sh are "mirrored" with each other, but one side (destro) has MUCH more survibility and utility compared to WL/SW which is compensated by higher ST damage, which is useless in cities against decent wb's

Gurf

Post#10 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:33 am

MSH and Mara have far too much utility for their level of aoe damage and survivability

All 3 are overtuned , I suggest nerfing one of the three so each side has one overtuned career to moan about