Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Power gap

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: RoR Power gap

Post#31 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:43 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm @sulorie

I’m going to be blunt here so try not to get your feelings hurt.

You are either ignorant or outright lying for some other agenda.

I don’t think 100 str is changing the game.

100 str and 10-13%crit and 1200 hps plus capped FS on top of cap crit plus additional armour and the BIG kicker the higher AA dmg and burst from higher dmg weapons is a HUGE difference in terms of dps, survivability and effect.

You so dramatically understate things it makes you look really bad and it seems as if you are trying to paint us all as alarmists. Speaking of alarms aren’t you offending 100s of players who wake up in the middle of the night for city to get the armour you think is no big deal? What a bunch of dummies right?

On another note I said the gear gap is fine. I get it. I’m just not interested in having people try to trick me or lie to me to maintain some illusion that they win due to skill and not time spent on task Ora combination of both. Like seriously get over yourself.

I will keep it nice, because the Dark Lord is watching.

The game is based on progression and therefore ppl do all they can to progress, even if it means for some to set an alarm clock. Who are we to judge this?

It doesn't matter on how many stats of your character you get an increase, because gear progression is out of question in this game and to be expected.
What matters is how significantly does each stat influence a fight, when you look at defense and offense and how much is actually influenced by the group around you.

Having more wounds is always good to cover bursts and sudden unexpected situations. But ask yourself how much it matters, if an enemy group is able to get you down to 1,2k hp despite your group using all defensive abilities they got to keep you alive. Actually it is more like your hp moves between 50% and full and sudden extremely high health drops mean your group is lacking healing or general defense. You don't want to walk on the edge of life at all in a decent group, you don't want to be in this situation at all, where 1,2k hp matters.

I don't think you mean with "capped FS" would I understand, because no DD class would do this.

Armor is raiding, sure but did you ever checked how much additional mitigation you get and how much it is in the end, when adding debuffs and penetration? This "armor is going through the roof and phys DD deal no dmg anymore" is a myth.

Compare Subj weapon dps with the highest weapons available and come back, the difference is insignificant.

You call out stat differences but things like proper guard, challenge or debuffing have a many times bigger effect on the outcome of a fight.

There is actually a huge gap but this gap exists on the individual player level and not gear level and even 10 years ago it was the same on live.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#32 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:50 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 am My opinion is that vanq should be the highest set, even now that im nearing full sov. But i dont expect anyone to agree with me and understand that this is still an mmo.
The problem with the gear gap is that it allows great offensive stats on its own which allows the higher lvl player to also stack defensive renown. Or the opposite. Whereas with lower lvl gear they have to pick one or the other. Basically max lvl/geared toons have thier cake and eat it too, there is no downside anymore.

The bolster should be increased to 40/60 (defensively specced RR) in scenarios. And/Or make vanquisher more easily obtained. Ideally you would be hittin full conq at CR lvl 40 and have full vanquisher at 40/R50 maybe start tying low lvl medalions/emblems to Renown Rank rather than CR/RR. Drops and Flips

Renown Rank 20 = Annihilator medalions
Renown Rank 30 = Conq medalions
Renown Rank 40 = Van medalions
Renown Ranak 75 = Invader Medalions
renown Rank 85 = Warlord
Renown Rank 95 = Royal
-= Agony =-

Duukar

Post#33 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm @sulorie

I’m going to be blunt here so try not to get your feelings hurt.

You are either ignorant or outright lying for some other agenda.

I don’t think 100 str is changing the game.

100 str and 10-13%crit and 1200 hps plus capped FS on top of cap crit plus additional armour and the BIG kicker the higher AA dmg and burst from higher dmg weapons is a HUGE difference in terms of dps, survivability and effect.

You so dramatically understate things it makes you look really bad and it seems as if you are trying to paint us all as alarmists. Speaking of alarms aren’t you offending 100s of players who wake up in the middle of the night for city to get the armour you think is no big deal? What a bunch of dummies right?

On another note I said the gear gap is fine. I get it. I’m just not interested in having people try to trick me or lie to me to maintain some illusion that they win due to skill and not time spent on task Ora combination of both. Like seriously get over yourself.

I will keep it nice, because the Dark Lord is watching.

The game is based on progression and therefore ppl do all they can to progress, even if it means for some to set an alarm clock. Who are we to judge this?

It doesn't matter on how many stats of your character you get an increase, because gear progression is out of question in this game and to be expected.
What matters is how significantly does each stat influence a fight, when you look at defense and offense and how much is actually influenced by the group around you.

Having more wounds is always good to cover bursts and sudden unexpected situations. But ask yourself how much it matters, if an enemy group is able to get you down to 1,2k hp despite your group using all defensive abilities they got to keep you alive. Actually it is more like your hp moves between 50% and full and sudden extremely high health drops mean your group is lacking healing or general defense. You don't want to walk on the edge of life at all in a decent group, you don't want to be in this situation at all, where 1,2k hp matters.

I don't think you mean with "capped FS" would I understand, because no DD class would do this.

Armor is raiding, sure but did you ever checked how much additional mitigation you get and how much it is in the end, when adding debuffs and penetration? This "armor is going through the roof and phys DD deal no dmg anymore" is a myth.

Compare Subj weapon dps with the highest weapons available and come back, the difference is insignificant.

You call out stat differences but things like proper guard, challenge or debuffing have a many times bigger effect on the outcome of a fight.

There is actually a huge gap but this gap exists on the individual player level and not gear level and even 10 years ago it was the same on live.
Yo just let me know next time you see a ranked game with all conq vs all min maxed sov/BL go the way of the conq players. Skill and organization can only take you so far.

Explain basic mechanics of PvP to me more please. I’m super confused about how guard swapping and heals etc works... Why bother even engaging me if you don’t think I have a grasp of those constant and simple PvP mechanics across all MMOs?

Empirically everyone can see what a huge difference gear makes and no one aside from you holds any illusions that conq is sov/BL light and can roll with the big boys with a lil bit of git gud.

Just want to emphasize AGAIN that I’m fine with the gear gap. I just don’t appreciate people sharing OPINIONS that fly in the face of very tangible and commonly understood mechanics such as min maxed Sov/BL >>>>>>>>>> conq.

Akalukz

Post#34 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Could even go in and put in some max renown on certain gear, to help ease the min/max stacking. That way you could go back and rework some of the older gear to be more in line with end game gear and not be so far behind the curve. maybe some extra defensive bonuses etc.
-= Agony =-

Zxul

Post#35 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Funny thread. Actually did roaming yesterday with my 67 chosen, 5 conq/sent chest (which I prefer over vanq), subj axe+shield, 2 genesis+2 pve jewelry. Didn't run into any problem with killing.

Also did roaming with my 65 tank magus 2 days ago, 2 anni/3 dom/beastlord/epic quest staff/pve jewelry. Once again, no problem getting kills.

Learn to spec, l2p, ets.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

lyncher12

Post#36 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:27 pm

everyone i know that has got burnt out and quit has blamed city grind

Duukar

Post#37 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm Funny thread. Actually did roaming yesterday with my 67 chosen, 5 conq/sent chest (which I prefer over vanq), subj axe+shield, 2 genesis+2 pve jewelry. Didn't run into any problem with killing.

Also did roaming with my 65 tank magus 2 days ago, 2 anni/3 dom/beastlord/epic quest staff/pve jewelry. Once again, no problem getting kills.

Learn to spec, l2p, ets.
Off topic. Learn to read etc.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Yo just let me know next time you see a ranked game with all conq vs all min maxed sov/BL go the way of the conq players. Skill and organization can only take you so far.

Explain basic mechanics of PvP to me more please. I’m super confused about how guard swapping and heals etc works... Why bother even engaging me if you don’t think I have a grasp of those constant and simple PvP mechanics across all MMOs?

Empirically everyone can see what a huge difference gear makes and no one aside from you holds any illusions that conq is sov/BL light and can roll with the big boys with a lil bit of git gud.

Just want to emphasize AGAIN that I’m fine with the gear gap. I just don’t appreciate people sharing OPINIONS that fly in the face of very tangible and commonly understood mechanics such as min maxed Sov/BL >>>>>>>>>> conq.
First, I see no ranked games, because MMR too high to get pops and basically nobody queues anyway.

If you find 2 groups of similar skill and proper class setups, the group with better gear has the edge. Nobody said something else here.
The thing is, groups are not the same and there are always differences.
So one sides will win in the end or nobody dies. But this defeat won't be fast, they wouldn't farm and instagib you, because you have a group, where ppl know their job.

You talk about simple pvp mechanics and yet hundreds of ppl show daily, that there is a lot to do wrong, no matter what gear they wear.

If Sov/BL is several times better than conq, then conq player could under no circumstances beat Sov players, as the gear advantage overshadows all other qualities. It would be a sad statement, if you keep saying that.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Zxul

Post#39 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:26 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm Funny thread. Actually did roaming yesterday with my 67 chosen, 5 conq/sent chest (which I prefer over vanq), subj axe+shield, 2 genesis+2 pve jewelry. Didn't run into any problem with killing.

Learn to spec, l2p, ets.
Off topic. Learn to read etc.
I can play that one as well. N00b, learn to play etc.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Valarion

Post#40 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:25 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 am
grease wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am the power gap is really showing as of late,, people in sov gear vs people in conq gear in scenario is madness, you can come with all the skill and group set up arguments you want the fact is real..RR que needs to be set in place asap.
Watch them play and you see why they lose.
We lost 100% of our games against sov ppl while we were in conq gear. At least i canr remember ever winning one. Now that we have vanq and above we often beat even good premades with ppl in sov. Gear isnt everything, but against high gear players you wont stand a chance if you are running around in conq.
Skill becomes pretty much negligible when you only deal 50% of the dmg the higher geared party will drop on you.

Is the gear discrepancy between Conq and Sov really 50% though?

I realize you are making a wider, general point, but the gear has been normalized now to the point were lower tier mixed sets are outperforming full endgame Sov sets. There isnt a huge gear disparity anymore and its certainly not 50%.

The devs have done an admirable job of ensuring that gear isnt getting too out of control like it did on live. Perhaps more importantly, they have allowed new paths for lower tier players to quickly access higher level gear (subjugator, etc). For example, much to the annoyance of us sc players, the best endgame weapon is now available to anyone willing to farm 60 invader and midrange RR. Thats very accessible to players if you ask me.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted