RoR Power gap

Let's talk about... everything else
grease

RoR Power gap

Post#1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am

the power gap is really showing as of late,, people in sov gear vs people in conq gear in scenario is madness, you can come with all the skill and group set up arguments you want the fact is real..RR que needs to be set in place asap.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: RoR Power gap

Post#2 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 am

grease wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am the power gap is really showing as of late,, people in sov gear vs people in conq gear in scenario is madness, you can come with all the skill and group set up arguments you want the fact is real..RR que needs to be set in place asap.
Watch them play and you see why they lose.
Dying is no option.

storm

Post#3 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:47 am

The population is not strong enough to have sections for each armor class. Your just going to have to take your lickin's like the rest of us have. There are much more glaring issues with the que system that need to be fixed. Matches are always out numbered and corrects itself way to far in the match for any kind of fair fights. It does work when everyone que's when they should, but that does not happen much.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:25 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 am
grease wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am the power gap is really showing as of late,, people in sov gear vs people in conq gear in scenario is madness, you can come with all the skill and group set up arguments you want the fact is real..RR que needs to be set in place asap.
Watch them play and you see why they lose.
We lost 100% of our games against sov ppl while we were in conq gear. At least i canr remember ever winning one. Now that we have vanq and above we often beat even good premades with ppl in sov. Gear isnt everything, but against high gear players you wont stand a chance if you are running around in conq.
Skill becomes pretty much negligible when you only deal 50% of the dmg the higher geared party will drop on you.

Likeaboss

Post#5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:33 am

I dont think that the power gap is really an Issue. I mean the players farmed that gear, so they should have an advantage. My Conq/Vanq geared char still kills many sovi guy in 1v1... Skill > Gear

But sure, when you are low geared, you are not allowed to make many mistakes until you get punished :)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Niall

Post#6 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:37 am

high tear gear is not op but it gives an advantage, and it's meant to be so
like it was when you were 39 annihilator vs every other on scs
it's not so hard to get it but it takes time for sure. it's highly understandable why ppl spending more time gets more advantages, don't you think so?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 am

My opinion is that vanq should be the highest set, even now that im nearing full sov. But i dont expect anyone to agree with me and understand that this is still an mmo.

Bowldancer

Post#8 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:09 am

I don't see that power gap and I run solo most of the time and feel the nuances very clearly. I see class/spec gaps and premades that dominate pugs in scenarios. It is mainly a matter of composition and coordination imho.

I just recently came back after a long brake and had Vanquisher gear on my main and was killing just fine, even people in sovereign - my alts run mostly in Conqueror and I feel that Conq/Vanq is already competitive and very easy to achieve.

If it was me I would even set spendable renown points higher than 80.
Last edited by Bowldancer on Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
Goermsi

Post#9 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am

To wear Souv does not mean ur skilled. It shows that people are professionell grinders - but never ever there is something like skill behind the equipment.
Invest more time - get better, without skill. No time? Get skilled. Organise urself and ur team. Doesnt hurt.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

kirraha

Post#10 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:30 am

Ive seen End-geared ppl heal and dps like total trash. Also tank using completely wrong auras, no guard, no buffs and non-dps classes try play dps. Its not always the gear you know.