Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TiverRoR01

Twitch Event -- reward descriptions.

Post#11 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:28 pm

First off, the event was fun and very informative. As a new player it was cool seeing and learning from people who really know their stuff.
My only problem is now I have all these cool twitch loot items and don't really know what they are.
Browsed the forums, googled, asked on discord no answers.
So I'll ask here. Could someone please list the items and describe what they are/give, if they're class specific and whatnot?
I'd rather know now than redeem an item on a class that cannot use the item. Thanks!

Ads
Akilinus

Re: Twitch Event -- reward descriptions.

Post#12 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Crate of Dyes- Dyes
Mount Carrier- Mount juggernaut for destro, unicorn for order.
Apothecary Supplies- Mats for apothecary
Crate of Fresh Liniments- 30min buff (like pots but better)
Pet Carrier- A pet that follows you
Scribbled Paper- Quest chain
Otherworldy Favour- event slot item 60d decay, stats depend on what class.
Box of Forgotten Talismans- Talismans with 24 stat.
Small Bag of Coins- 10g
Talisman Making Supplies- Mats for talisman making
Large Bag of Coins- 100g
Potion of Acclaim- Renown buff 25% for 72 hours
Writ of the Realm- Scenarios quest for 20 conq emblems.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

lifarean

Re: Twitch drops

Post#13 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Mounts that are special need to come from a drop event but with this detail, An Npc Vendor containing the mounts with new tokens that can be only dropped by the stream drop event; so you can spend these so called new tokens on a Special Mount at a certain Npc in Altdorf for example or each main city on each opposing faction. But the token is Rng and will be dropped 1 a piece and the mount can cost at least 20 to 40 coins. The drop event was an excellent idea and I hope for more events like this in the considerably future.

Diragi

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#14 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Issues:

a. Not knowing the contents (like Writ) and opening on the wrong character
b. Not knowing the contents and forcing people to duel to progress a quest line is crap; many classes just aren't build for 1v1. I am not interested in that style of gameplay, SCs are small group enough for me.
c. A mechanic where the streamers to hang around being portal doormen is garbage (I get it encourages audience participation but...). Poor Sweetummz, came through for Destro but she probably burned through a ton of gold porting to IC to CW and back

Positives:

a. There's tons of Easter Eggs around IC and it's fun to explore them
b. It was nice see the exposure for streamers and so many new people popping in was fun
c. Good variety of rewards that should prove useful for everyone
Last edited by Diragi on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mcdoogan

Post#15 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Loved the event. Would like to see more variety of rewards next time around.

badoglio

Post#16 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm

i enjoyed this event, was quite rewarding for players and even watched some streamers i never saw before doing good gaming

the only negative aspects were : the door quest where u need to call up a streamer to open it (poor her/him) and the unicorn mount vs the juggernaut mount (need to see my slayer on it before saying it was a fine mount)

Diragi

Post#17 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:26 pm

The juggernaut tail spinning is rather annoying so there's that, hopefully I won't notice it after a few days. Does make for hella of a screenshot though.

Lorewise a unicorn and juggy of knorne only really partially fit the lore of the realms (Elves and some Chaos). As temp rewards it really doesn't matter... though obv if they were more permanent more diversity would be nice. Good luck modeling Nurgle though(!)
Last edited by Diragi on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Twitch drops

Post#18 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Alright here are the first couple of replies since I have time, I really wanted to reply to everyone and thank you for the feedback. Good or bad, it helps as long as it's constructive. The wall will be huge but most of it is simply quotes, didn't want to put anyone out of context.

- - -
Melekith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 am Funny and entertaining. Good for community building. Technically everything worked, besides the bag of coins never arrived on the character I claimed them for.
havartii wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 am I like everything about the rewards, only complaint might come from order side mount :roll:
Grimfang wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:18 am This has been such a good idea
Mcdoogan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:15 pm Loved the event. Would like to see more variety of rewards next time around.
Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Slapshot wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:37 am The Quest drop was confusing to follow with unclear directions. As someone playing for maybe 2 months I had no clue how to proceed and ended up just flowing random people.

Do we have to claim all the Drops rewards today? Or can we save them and claim them at a later time?
The quest is to be done within groups and when possible with the streamer, but what exactly was confusing about it?
I highly suggest that you claim them right away, as this is the first drop we do. I don't really know about the technical challenges that might occur.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
tefnaht wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 am For new 16-39 players - gold, talismans, dyes, lowbie tokens, all of this is awesome rewards.

For 40+ - special mounts, activity with streamer attracts a lot.

One problem is - can't easy find link info and drops from profile info, use link from forum topic. Another small problem - apply drops for character some kind of repeating actions with back-forward-refresh, may be as for streamers use account rewards without this step? Or this way have some bad issues with repeating similar drops or some kind of duplicates?
TiverRoR01 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:28 pm First off, the event was fun and very informative. As a new player it was cool seeing and learning from people who really know their stuff.
My only problem is now I have all these cool twitch loot items and don't really know what they are.
Browsed the forums, googled, asked on discord no answers.
So I'll ask here. Could someone please list the items and describe what they are/give, if they're class specific and whatnot?
I'd rather know now than redeem an item on a class that cannot use the item. Thanks!
We did not put the rewards on our forums, instead all the rewards lists were given to gaming blogs and streamers to share exclusively.
I think the drops worked well for the majority, I heard some people had issues and we tried looking into it in time.

DeadNerve wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:00 am Thanks to the server team for doing this event. It was great to see the RoR community coming together and watching our favorite streamers together. Was also neat to see people jumping into chat being introduced to the server for the first time. I hope this event will continue from time to time in the future.
Thank you. Indeed the plan was to promote the streamers who've been here for years and bring the community closer and closer. The event will surely be done again and again, we'll have a discussion regarding that and all the feedback, this week.

mescaline1984 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:29 am First of all i want to thank you guys.
I got many things and i'm really happy.
The only concern i have is about the Order mount.
While i like the idea of different mounts i have to say that unicorn looks really bad for Dwarfs.
Destros on the other side got a really cool badass mount.
I know it's free and i'm thankful for it and i'm sure that creating a mount that fits for dwarfs is really difficult.
Nosun wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am So my feedback is i think the drops were great and made for a fun weekend. I think it was nice for the streamers and was great to see the numbers in their streams so high. My only complaint is can the order mount be a little better than a dinky unicorn next time? lol :P
The list of mounts is partially limited if we're going to do this event over and over. Basically if you didn't get this mount now, you'll get it in the next event. There are cooler mounts coming for sure and you'll have the chance to ride something epic ^_^

lifarean wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 pm Mounts that are special need to come from a drop event but with this detail, An Npc Vendor containing the mounts with new tokens that can be only dropped by the stream drop event; so you can spend these so called new tokens on a Special Mount at a certain Npc in Altdorf for example or each main city on each opposing faction. But the token is Rng and will be dropped 1 a piece and the mount can cost at least 20 to 40 coins. The drop event was an excellent idea and I hope for more events like this in the considerably future.
A really nice idea, wrote it down. Thanks.

Diragi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 pm Issues:

a. Not knowing the contents (like Writ) and opening on the wrong character
b. Not knowing the contents and forcing people to duel to progress a quest line is crap; many classes just aren't build for 1v1. I am not interested in that style of gameplay, SCs are small group enough for me.
c. A mechanic where the streamers to hang around being portal doormen is garbage (I get it encourages audience participation but...). Poor Sweetummz, came through for Destro but she probably burned through a ton of gold porting to IC to CW and back

Positives:

a. There's tons of Easter Eggs around IC and it's fun to explore them
b. It was nice see the exposure for streamers and so many new people popping in was fun
c. Good variety of rewards that should prove useful for everyone
badoglio wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm i enjoyed this event, was quite rewarding for players and even watched some streamers i never saw before doing good gaming

the only negative aspects were : the door quest where u need to call up a streamer to open it (poor her/him) and the unicorn mount vs the juggernaut mount (need to see my slayer on it before saying it was a fine mount)
I replied to A. above.
Regarding B. you will always experience requirements you won't like in events. We just aim to make it as diverse as possible, and by doing that, discontent happens.
C. We have advised streamers that they should stack up people with quest and do it once or twice per day depending on their schedule. Some have done it that way, streamers are free to do it the way they want and maybe it was the small price to pay for an overwhelming number of viewers ^_^

Thank you for sharing both the positives and negatives.

I will try and reply to more whenever I have time.

Ads
Taz83

Post#19 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Amazing i really enjoyed this such of event benefits the players and the streamers and the ofc the server population

while i was watching many new people were asking what is this game and how to download it which is really good for the server, about the streamers to communicate with the players to finish the quest and open portal with key was something new

about the events rewards:
the drops were nice except for the quest part which is really fun but the the last reward of the quest was not that great many people didn't like that part ( the rare fortune set)

the pet and mount were amazing i really loved this part ( i wish if the mounts are permanent ) many people can agree with me on this part, playing for a very long time with the same exact mount and the only option to change it : is temporary guild mount that

also this is from many player on order side : they felt that the unicorn mount was kinda not cool when comparing it to the armored rhino mount

over all :

i would like to thank you guys for this great event and i hope to see more new events in the future
it was something new i personally loved it and i think its win win event for the players and the server population really good job for everyone worked on that event it was a new idea am glad to see new things in warhammer such as this event and the snot in the celebration event was also something great to see and i would love to see more of this new events with new adventure in the future

thankyou Dev team ,
thankyou MAX

Akalukz

Post#20 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Overall great event. Was able to participate even when not playing. Possibly enlarge the pool of rewards, or have a few super rare rewards. As soon as it seemed I would be getting no more rewards i basically stopped the stream stuff. So almost none at all Saturday Night / Sunday (US EST)
-= Agony =-