Recent Topics

Ads

Brand new to Warhammer - some queries

Let's talk about... everything else
Dury

Brand new to Warhammer - some queries

Post#1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:42 am

Hi all,

I never got to play the live game, and stumbled on to this yesterday. I played Dark Age of Camelot for a few years from release, and loved the RvR aspect of that game. I thought I would try a healer here!

I read up on RoR and installed it. I also downloaded and installed VinyUI514 - and renamed file to be my char name etc (healer). The UI seems very...unintuitive and tiny (probably due to my monitor on lower resolution - no idea where to go and change resolution for UI Mod?).

I made a dwarf healer also and the UI looks different (nicer, and bigger) and I got a window stating lot of mods were out of date.

I have a couple of questions.

- Is there a UI mod pack which is easy to install and use (For utter newbies like me - who wont be able to pick and choose from all available mods?). If that is VinyUI - I am not sure I have it correctly installed as the default UI for me looks nicer (With hotbar etc - like DAOC/EQ)?

- Any specific UI Mod/guide which will, well, make my newbieness easier?

Thanks a lot, loot forwarded to seeing you all in battle!

Dury/Ronninn
Order Healer

Ads
KissShot

Re: Brand new to Warhammer - some queries

Post#2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 am

I'd recommend not starting with any fancy UI at all if it's your first time playing WAR and instead enable individual add-ons as you want to improve certain elements. E.g. Enemy is good for many things, but it's also a lot of stuff to take in at once. People will have different opinions on this, but WAR isn't but so complicated even without any add-ons.

Dury

Post#3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:47 am

Thanks - so default UI won't put me at too much of a disadvantage I hope!

I need to now figure out how to disable the VinyUI514 - and will get select add-ons.

I intend to play a healer or a tank in Order. Any specific Add-Ons which you think are QOL and good to have ?

I want to play predominantly in RvR (not PvP levelling) if that helps.

Thanks a lot, again!

Duukar

Post#4 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:39 am

Zarbix on YouTube posted a pretty good add on and Ui guide. Search for that and start there.

Duukar

Post#5 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 am

To play a healer you will need enemy for the improved Warband group targeting and information. Buff head also helps to figure out what hots and buffs are up. Massive amounts of customization to personal preference.

I literally spent an entire evening of gaming tweaking my main profile which I copy to all my other toons.

Dury

Post#6 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 am

Thanks Duukar, will look it up!