Recent Topics

Ads

What classes have the highest skill ceiling?

Let's talk about... everything else
Foofmonger

Re: What classes have the highest skill ceiling?

Post#21 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm Nah with Tanks you have enough life and HP to make mistakes. You can literally play a tank to a good standard just by hanging close to you your guard and using Hold the line, occasionally knocking back people, its pretty stress free. With the lighter armoured class a single mistake or misused skill can mean the difference between living or not.
This is skill floor, not skill ceiling by the way. A skill floor is "how easy it is to do ok" on a class, and with tanks you are correct, they have a very low skill floor. It's very easy to just hop on and play decently if you have a vague idea of what you are supposed to be doing.

"Skill Ceiling" is "how hard it is to play a class at it's maximum efficiency", which is why tanks have low floors and high ceilings, because yes, you can do exactly what you said, but to be able to play it optimally involves much more then just being a guardbot who occasionally punts, including not over-valuing defensive stats and forgetting that you should be helping to assist train down targets.

Ads
TwistedSister77

Post#22 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:31 am

Gurf wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 pm Playing a healer who can damage and heal at the same time to a decent level is hardest to play well by a long shot, not including WP/DOK. When I see RP/Zeal/AM/Sham who do good healing and damage numbers in the same instance it is impressive and very rare, but does happen.
This, also when they are cleansing on top of it all (which doesnt show up in the numbers).

nuadarstark

Post#23 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:36 am

I think we need to start with deciding which enviroment or content we're talking about. Sure a god tier dps shammy will kite a 6 man for literally hours, but I still haven't seen a single one I'd be impressed with in cities or large scale...

I'm gonna be a bit left field here, but melee healer (Grace & whatever it's called on destro) WP/DoK.

Why? Cause I think they can output some ridiculous numbers when played right, and I've actually seen them do it - I've seen Iyvan do close to 2 mil in both healing and dps in couple instances. Same goes for some of the Order folks that play Grace. And there is also a big number of them not doing nearly as good as they should so I think it's a perfect example.

God tier can output similar numbers to solid book/chalice healer in heals while also doing amazing dps.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov