Recent Topics

Ads

Does the city siege scenario need to go?

Let's talk about... everything else
velenne

Does the city siege scenario need to go?

Post#1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:48 pm

How much is the city siege scenario really adding to the game at this point?

It's an RvR game and the current implementation feels...unsatisfying?... to many people I've spoken to on both sides of the war.

Is the city siege scenario really representative of the "endgame" of Warhammer?

Would it be a good idea to take it offline for a bit and let the dev team work on it? I know of many people who say they'd love to just do more RvR to get their endgame gear. There's plenty of suggestions about how to improve it.

Ads
Acamano

Re: Does the city siege scenario need to go?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm

God! If only we would get spared from the shitty city grind. I would rather cut my eyeballs out for 1 stupid royal crown, then to que for city. But with it being the only source that gives more than 2x crowns, I am stuck watching disc to city log.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Starting more drama threads? Okay.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

nat3s

Post#4 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Not sure if this is a genuine thread or not, but assuming it is, would allowing the city scenarios to award 1 royal for a win or perhaps a one-off award of 4-6 royals for the first win, help with the people who miss the queue for a city siege?

This would keep royals tied to the city siege window and solve the queue issues people are posting about
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

velenne

Post#5 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:02 pm Starting more drama threads? Okay.

Can always count on a snarky comment.
nat3s wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 pm Not sure if this is a genuine thread or not, but assuming it is, would allowing the city scenarios to award 1 royal for a win or perhaps a one-off award of 4-6 royals for the first win, help with the people who miss the queue for a city siege?

This would keep royals tied to the city siege window and solve the queue issues people are posting about

It's a genuine question, and one that a lot of people have. It's a weird thing to go from open RvR to a big fortress and then a huge change in thematic direction a 24v24 scenario. It's not that it's not well made, it's that it doesn't seem to fit the game.

It's also something that's come up in the other thread but I didn't want to derail that discussion further. The idea has enough merit to warrant a separate discussion.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:03 pm

It's a dead question from the start, but have fun discussing away. The fact you've spent your entire time on the forums complaining is giving you quite the reputation for starting and encouraging toxic threads.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

velenne

Post#7 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:03 pm It's a dead question from the start, but have fun discussing away. The fact you've spent your entire time on the forums complaining is giving you quite the reputation for starting and encouraging toxic threads.
If it's an absolute non-starter, feel free to delete the thread. I wasn't aware there were topics off the table. (It doesn't seem unreasonable to me anyway.)

As for my reputation, I sincerely apologize if the tone of my posts have come across as toxic. With one exception that I can think of (a venting thread that was fairly locked),I try to present my thoughts evenly and with rationale behind them. My threads are usually suggestions, and I wouldn't bother making them if I didn't care about the game being as good as it can be.

edit: I'm also the kind of person who thinks american football would be better without the kickoff and punting, if that tells you anything about me.