Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ramlaen

Re: City Winner History?

Post#601 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:57 pm

Just to show the numbers, as of yesterday, since the last time Order won a city;

Order has won 79 city instances
Destruction has won 206 city instances

Out of the last 285 city instances Destruction has won 72.3%.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
tefnaht

Post#602 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:42 pm Didn't Order just win about half the instances in the city siege that ended a couple hours ago? I'm not saying we sit around and do nothing by any means, but surely there's an attitude problem here affecting the win-loss ratio.
Not only one "attitude problem" affecting the win-loss ratio, it's one of them. Pop by sides, balance in non-perfect wb setups, "attitude", etc.

When city happens
order top online looks like WP-KotBS-gap-Slayer-gap-RP-WL-BW-(AM-SM-IB)-(SW-WH-Engi)
destro top online looks like DoK-gap-Chosen-gap-BOrk-gap-(Mara-Choppa-Sham-Zeal-BG-SH-Sorc)-(WE-Magus)

Order have less vaible careers for city, that "attitude" we talk about? Career balance for "most wanted" content is not a player-based problem, it's a gamedesign problem. It will be player problem if every player in any moment can "respec" to any career in his side. Or if royals drops in more activities and more frequent. Or we have equal to sov level pve gear. Or etc...

ChicagoJoe

Post#603 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 pm

I am confused here. What is the developers position on the imbalance of city outcomes?

Non issue?
Skill LTP issue?
Something else?
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Geometric
Suspended

Post#604 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:36 pm

Make all instances 12 vs 12, cut the number of bags in half. I'm now a game developer. You're welcome!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#605 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:08 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 pm I am confused here. What is the developers position on the imbalance of city outcomes?

Non issue?
Skill LTP issue?
Something else?
I'm just generating forum clicks. We've been talking about some changes internally anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Anaerion22

Post#606 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 am

ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 pm I am confused here. What is the developers position on the imbalance of city outcomes?

Non issue?
Skill LTP issue?
Something else?
Essentially from what I've gathered, supposedly it's predominantly a problem of Organization on Order. Imbalance of class distribution, and lack of dedicated Guilds and groups organizing competitive premades meeting Destro groups that don't have that problem.

Detangler

Post#607 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 am

Anaerion22 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 am
Essentially from what I've gathered, supposedly it's predominantly a problem of Organization on Order. Imbalance of class distribution, and lack of dedicated Guilds and groups organizing competitive premades meeting Destro groups that don't have that problem.
Can we just repost this to the front page of this thread and lock this nonsense whining thread already? Anyone who thinks there's some massive imbalance between the two when both sides run meta is just delusional, and this quote is the perfect summation of the thread.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

slattie

Post#608 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 am

Detangler wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 am
Can we just repost this to the front page of this thread and lock this nonsense whining thread already? Anyone who thinks there's some massive imbalance between the two when both sides run meta is just delusional, and this quote is the perfect summation of the thread.
heya here's 5 reasons that make me delusional.

1. gtdc
2. mouth of tzench(sp?)
4. mara monstrosity resisting armor pen
5. bo waaagh
6. mara aoe kd
7. wl aoe interrupt
8. windblock & zealot self morale pump
10. gtdc bug doesn't apply immunity
11. magus dmg type vs engi dmg type
12. squiggie utility belly bounce 8s cd aoe
13. squiggie barf
14. squig charge
15. am heals vs sham heals

i got carried away, there's 14 reasons destro should generally win vs an equally organized group order grp

Ads
mytreds

Post#609 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 am

So I guess by this logic we can lock all the whining Destro threads about Rampage, WL pounce and SW = OP?

mytreds

Post#610 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 am

slattie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 am
heya here's 5 reasons that make me delusional.

1. gtdc
2. mouth of tzench(sp?)
4. mara monstrosity resisting armor pen
5. bo waaagh
6. mara aoe kd
7. wl aoe interrupt
8. windblock & zealot self morale pump
10. gtdc bug doesn't apply immunity
11. magus dmg type vs engi dmg type
12. squiggie utility belly bounce 8s cd aoe
13. squiggie barf
14. squig charge
15. am heals vs sham heals

i got carried away, there's 14 reasons destro should generally win vs an equally organized group order grp
I could add 14 alone on Knight vs Chosen, I can't imagine how many it would be if you actually faithfully compared the mirrors.