Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vandoles

Re: City Winner History?

Post#661 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:14 pm

I honestly don't care now, came back a few weeks ago with a lot of enthusiasm, to learn out of two classes that were always gimped, the stronger one got the ONLY advantage the weaker one had? Whatever.

Ads
Atropik

Post#662 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:34 pm Alright and what was the WH given in exchange?
All the core finishers WE has became ranged in AoR, 1.3.4 patch.

Here in RoR WH was given:
-OyK,
-Reworked Frenzied mayhem,
-50% armor penetration tactic,

Sounds fair enough?
Nicelook | Obey

Vandoles

Post#663 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 pm
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:34 pm Alright and what was the WH given in exchange?
All the core finishers WE has became ranged in AoR, 1.3.4 patch.

Here in RoR WH was given:
-OyK,
-Reworked Frenzied mayhem,
-50% armor penetration tactic,

Sounds fair enough?
Not even a little, why would you kill the unique flavor of one of the most unique classes of the game? Aren't WEs mad about how utterly clunky it must feel to stab people from 30 yards away?

Also are you talking about the tactic that gives 3 seconds of 50% armor pen? Isn't that + OyK in the same tree and wasn't that tree only strong for WE because it had the self-heal from kiss tactic? I may be forgetting some mechanical stuff here, but I do remember WE first tree was viable, WH wasn't (and looks like it still isn't?)

Atropik

Post#664 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 pm

Sarnai wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pm And now WEs have 5 ranged finishers vs WH's 4.
Are you complaining about SS is ranged now and BaL is not, kind of joke or?
Sarnai wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pmEdit: not trying to make a WE vs WH point, just saying that it seems lots of mirroring changes were made simply for the sake of mirroring. Odd in such an 'anti-mirror' game.
Good
Nicelook | Obey

CeeJay89

Post#665 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 pm Good
Except it's not.

Atropik

Post#666 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Lol, so what do you guys wnt? Balance the classes or all the classes to be unique?
Nicelook | Obey

Vandoles

Post#667 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm Lol, so what do you guys wnt? Balance the classes or all the classes to be unique?
A game isn't a spreadsheet, you don't balance things by moving numbers from one column to another. And different people have different opinions, shocking, I know. For me there's one hard fact - War is clunky, buggy, badly optimized, unfinished, filled with outright problems. Dozens of MMOs out there have better design choices, more balance, better gameplay, much more optimized, much nicer to look at and much nicer feel of playing. War has one thing going for it nobody can touch - style & overal atmosphere. Fixing balance in it by removing style kinda feels like training a boxer by teaching him how to tie his hands behind his back and bite.

But I still gotta ask, wasn't the WE build that the WH got, as you say, enabled only by the self-heal tactic?

Atropik

Post#668 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pm Not even a little, why would you kill the unique flavor of one of the most unique classes of the game?
Cause I play for wining and not for enjoying the flavor of how it looks, otherwise id play 2h choppa.
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pmAren't WEs mad about how utterly clunky it must feel to stab people from 30 yards away?
Here we have some guys who can hit up to 9 or even 24 enemies with 1 (one) swing of their onehanded (sic!) sword, can you imaging? and many others, some of them can jump on you from being up to 65 yards away and so on, magic is everywhere around, lots of it, they dont feel any bad doing this, trust me xd
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pmAlso are you talking about the tactic that gives 3 seconds of 50% armor pen? Isn't that + OyK in the same tree
Yes
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pmand wasn't that tree only strong for WE because it had the self-heal from kiss tactic?
That tree used to be meh, and self heal tactic is in a different mastery
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pmI may be forgetting some mechanical stuff here, but I do remember WE first tree was viable, WH wasn't (and looks like it still isn't?)
It was viable, not the best choice but viable, yes. But thn it was mirrored to WH and became meta, WHs did a lot of dirty stuff exploiting RB+riposte+those nice tools theyve been given, and cried even more when it was taken away, lol, now its just good for both classes. Pretty much mirrored xd
Last edited by Atropik on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Atropik

Post#669 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 pm A game isn't a spreadsheet, you don't balance things by moving numbers from one column to another. And different people have different opinions, shocking, I know. For me there's one hard fact - War is clunky, buggy, badly optimized, unfinished, filled with outright problems. Dozens of MMOs out there have better design choices, more balance, better gameplay, much more optimized, much nicer to look at and much nicer feel of playing. War has one thing going for it nobody can touch - style & overal atmosphere.
Playing 2 weeks every 2 years you will never recognize the balance changes, no worries, devs will keep all the animations/style/atmosphere safe, they have my trust xd
Nicelook | Obey

jonspidy

Post#670 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 pm

A Riposte Nerf
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."