Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Grimfang
Suspended
Posts: 125

Re: City Winner History?

Post#641 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:10 pm

Devs say they dont want in mirrored but then add order unique pounce to destro when order have worse kiting classes. The mirror argument is always used when convenient same as it was not like that on live argument.

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 519

Re: City Winner History?

Post#642 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm

i think the only solution to clarify this is that devs change the whole classes from order to destro. dok with all the wp career+tactics and vice versa...and the same for the rest of classes. and let the change for some days/weeks to see how the city win ratio changes...

sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but wuld be fun for sure jaja

User avatar
madrocks
Posts: 161

Re: City Winner History?

Post#643 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:09 pm

65 pages off topic trash by the way.

Vandoles
Posts: 248

Re: City Winner History?

Post#644 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm
i think the only solution to clarify this is that devs change the whole classes from order to destro. dok with all the wp career+tactics and vice versa...and the same for the rest of classes. and let the change for some days/weeks to see how the city win ratio changes...

sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but wuld be fun for sure jaja
That's a pretty bad idea, I always loved about War that as a WH I was a mirror of the WE but while my melee was weaker I had ranged executions and they didn't. Or that as a SW compared to SH I had more fluidity between short-range > melee or long-range > short range. Or like how a kotbs felt totally different from a chosen, especially with the 2h magic damage specc. These tiny little differences were always the flavor of the game, even if so hard to balance - like how the WH advantage never made up for the heavy melee of WE. It's a case of less is more here, because the mirror issues were on the low side in live. Most live issues were pairing to pairing and archetype to archetype.

User avatar
sjemen
Posts: 34
Contact:

Re: City Winner History?

Post#645 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:53 pm

it doesn't really matter if you win or lose, only requirement is you have to be online when one happens. at least in forts it can happen that you don't get your invader medals if your side doesn't do enough contribution. it just seems end game content to get end game gear is completely trivial.

remove bag rolls from the losing side (just like in forts) and see how many order will queue.

also, i really don't understand the opposition to making crests drop from certain kills (devs can control the drop rates as much as they want) in orvr.

cheers!
shmemsy rr80 IB sjem rr70 WP sjembem rr70 ENG shmem WH rr66 sjemsy rr62 BW sjemo rr62 WL fatsjem rr55 SLAY shmoom rr51 AM sjemsjem rr47 RP

shmemz rr66 SH sjemz rr62 SHAM sjemppa rr45 BO

heyo!

Xae
Posts: 11

Re: City Winner History?

Post#646 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm

I would love to see an official stat of the city win rates, as well as the win rates for T1, T2/T3 and T4 Scenarios.

ChicagoJoe
Posts: 138

Re: City Winner History?

Post#647 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Detangler wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 am
Anaerion22 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 am

Essentially from what I've gathered, supposedly it's predominantly a problem of Organization on Order. Imbalance of class distribution, and lack of dedicated Guilds and groups organizing competitive premades meeting Destro groups that don't have that problem.
Can we just repost this to the front page of this thread and lock this nonsense whining thread already? Anyone who thinks there's some massive imbalance between the two when both sides run meta is just delusional, and this quote is the perfect summation of the thread.
I think the organized guilds on order have felt like the developers have stacked the deck to destro with city builds. Many have stopped logging. Other people have posted why.
I was in a meta organized order group rr75+ yesterday with half 80+ full sov, and we got stomped by one of the best destro pre-made. Zero kills for order.
I don't think the imbalance is delusional. It shouldn't be so one sided.

Just an example, some people say you can't fix engineer pet issues because it would "break the game" and skew things so much for order. Like what, give order a 70%+ win rate in cities for MONTHS? The thumb on the balance scale needs to be reapplied to order. Not in a mirrored fashion.

ChicagoJoe
Posts: 138

Re: City Winner History?

Post#648 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:08 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:35 pm
I am confused here. What is the developers position on the imbalance of city outcomes?

Non issue?
Skill LTP issue?
Something else?
I'm just generating forum clicks. We've been talking about some changes internally anyway.
Thank you sir, you have a thankless job. I think you and the developer team are really clever, so I have faith that you folks can reapply the thumb on the scales of balance to eventually get to more balanced outcomes. I think there are some organization, attitude and class issues for order, but the community has listed some REALLY valid issues. Hopefully you folks aren't afraid of an over-correction of imbalances that would lead to order having a 70-80% city win rate. For MONTHS. Actually that would be terrible. Or just the opposite of what is currently happening. Depends on your perspective.

Some reversion of giving destro the best order abilities of their mirrors could be a start. Those changes were done to make things even but have had some unintended consequences.

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 519

Re: City Winner History?

Post#649 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Spoiler:
Vandoles wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm
emiliorv wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm
i think the only solution to clarify this is that devs change the whole classes from order to destro. dok with all the wp career+tactics and vice versa...and the same for the rest of classes. and let the change for some days/weeks to see how the city win ratio changes...

sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but would be fun for sure jaja
That's a pretty bad idea, I always loved about War that as a WH I was a mirror of the WE but while my melee was weaker I had ranged executions and they didn't. Or that as a SW compared to SH I had more fluidity between short-range > melee or long-range > short range. Or like how a kotbs felt totally different from a chosen, especially with the 2h magic damage specc. These tiny little differences were always the flavor of the game, even if so hard to balance - like how the WH advantage never made up for the heavy melee of WE. It's a case of less is more here, because the mirror issues were on the low side in live. Most live issues were pairing to pairing and archetype to archetype.
Its the only way to be sure if that win/lose ratio is caused by a balance issue between realms or by a playerbase/mentality issue. Im not talking about a permanent change, only for some days/weeks.

again, im sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but woulld be fun for sure jaja

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1750
Contact:

Re: City Winner History?

Post#650 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
Spoiler:
Vandoles wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm
emiliorv wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm
i think the only solution to clarify this is that devs change the whole classes from order to destro. dok with all the wp career+tactics and vice versa...and the same for the rest of classes. and let the change for some days/weeks to see how the city win ratio changes...

sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but would be fun for sure jaja
That's a pretty bad idea, I always loved about War that as a WH I was a mirror of the WE but while my melee was weaker I had ranged executions and they didn't. Or that as a SW compared to SH I had more fluidity between short-range > melee or long-range > short range. Or like how a kotbs felt totally different from a chosen, especially with the 2h magic damage specc. These tiny little differences were always the flavor of the game, even if so hard to balance - like how the WH advantage never made up for the heavy melee of WE. It's a case of less is more here, because the mirror issues were on the low side in live. Most live issues were pairing to pairing and archetype to archetype.
Its the only way to be sure if that win/lose ratio is caused by a balance issue between realms or by a playerbase/mentality issue. Im not talking about a permanent change, only for some days/weeks.

again, im sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but woulld be fun for sure jaja
You could save the devs work and look what wam wrote when his guild (has both Destro and order toons) did cities , strangely they won on both sides. That should give a strong indicator that it’s teams making the difference. Even LBL and NGE have good win rates when not fielding full teams . KoO I believe from thier post also don’t have issues .

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests