Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
jvlosky

Re: City Winner History?

Post#551 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:22 pm

gurtuk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:02 pm This thread gets a lot of attention right before or right after a city, but it's always the same nonsense.
Yeah.... Destro winning lmao

I don't see this changing ever. Destro def has the advantage, numbers and statistics don't lie. But hey just keep going with the 'omg you guys need to get more organized and git gud' logic lmaooo

Ads
Vandoles

Post#552 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm
dether wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm
There are issues with balance no one denies that but its not but its not the core issue of the current situation , also each faction got a different play style and so far destro play style attract more players for obvious reasons
It attracts more people because it's easier. Destro has been given so many powerful build options, tweaks, etc., and every "bug fix" has a net greater benefit to Destro than it does to Order. Any criticism of said imbalance is met with "git gud; destro players stronk".

The game was never perfectly balanced, but the QoL options given to Destro (pounce, pulls, damage, and movement buffs on every melee option) have greatly disadvantaged order over the long term. Deny it all you want; no sweat off my pole. Things that were powerful and unique to order were copy pasted to destro classes without total consideration to just how well it would synergize with destro unique abilities, and the lack of counters order has that Destro does have.

The excuse that "order has better healing" is so blown out of proportion and overrated with the power creep going on these days that it's silly. Rampage is the only very powerful, not overrated, order unique ability, and with the amount of whining you hear about it, I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Also, nobody likes order tanks, not because of the way they look (despite popular belief), it's simply that a) Destro has better melee classes as a whole, which pair with tanks and b) destro tanks do bruiser builds better... which are more fun than pure tanking and the ostracized dps tank.

Order excels at ranged combat, which is great for soloing during sieges, which are the only meaningful part of the campaign right now due to the current mechanics favoring zerging up, which means that numbers almost always matter more than gear or skill once high enough pre-siege. But the most powerful equipment by a huge margin is locked behind a mode that favors melee and class synergy. There is no alternative except maybe thousands of hours of winning forts/end zones. However, because sieges occur more often than anything else, it's natural for players who like to roam/solo to flock to order, despite the game being a team game.

Personally, I hate cities. I think they're boring, win or lose. I dread the hour I have to waste (because I'm not having fun) to get the crests I need to be relevant even in the content I do enjoy and to play the way I want to play.

Lastly, this idea that Order just needs to suck it up and play classes they don't like so that they can win, instead of fixing the core issue, is asinine. It's a game. Win or lose, I know I'm going to play the way I want and enjoy, or I'll do something else instead. The numbers are showing others doing the same.
I've never agreed with a post on RoR more in my life. The tank paragraph is so underrated in general. And your last pargraph as well - off-meta classes being nigh impossible to play has not lowered the percentage of off-meta classes a lot.

jvlosky

Post#553 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 pm

Vandoles wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 pm
CeeJay89 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm
dether wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 pm
There are issues with balance no one denies that but its not but its not the core issue of the current situation , also each faction got a different play style and so far destro play style attract more players for obvious reasons
It attracts more people because it's easier. Destro has been given so many powerful build options, tweaks, etc., and every "bug fix" has a net greater benefit to Destro than it does to Order. Any criticism of said imbalance is met with "git gud; destro players stronk".

The game was never perfectly balanced, but the QoL options given to Destro (pounce, pulls, damage, and movement buffs on every melee option) have greatly disadvantaged order over the long term. Deny it all you want; no sweat off my pole. Things that were powerful and unique to order were copy pasted to destro classes without total consideration to just how well it would synergize with destro unique abilities, and the lack of counters order has that Destro does have.

The excuse that "order has better healing" is so blown out of proportion and overrated with the power creep going on these days that it's silly. Rampage is the only very powerful, not overrated, order unique ability, and with the amount of whining you hear about it, I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Also, nobody likes order tanks, not because of the way they look (despite popular belief), it's simply that a) Destro has better melee classes as a whole, which pair with tanks and b) destro tanks do bruiser builds better... which are more fun than pure tanking and the ostracized dps tank.

Order excels at ranged combat, which is great for soloing during sieges, which are the only meaningful part of the campaign right now due to the current mechanics favoring zerging up, which means that numbers almost always matter more than gear or skill once high enough pre-siege. But the most powerful equipment by a huge margin is locked behind a mode that favors melee and class synergy. There is no alternative except maybe thousands of hours of winning forts/end zones. However, because sieges occur more often than anything else, it's natural for players who like to roam/solo to flock to order, despite the game being a team game.

Personally, I hate cities. I think they're boring, win or lose. I dread the hour I have to waste (because I'm not having fun) to get the crests I need to be relevant even in the content I do enjoy and to play the way I want to play.

Lastly, this idea that Order just needs to suck it up and play classes they don't like so that they can win, instead of fixing the core issue, is asinine. It's a game. Win or lose, I know I'm going to play the way I want and enjoy, or I'll do something else instead. The numbers are showing others doing the same.
I've never agreed with a post on RoR more in my life. The tank paragraph is so underrated in general. And your last pargraph as well - off-meta classes being nigh impossible to play has not lowered the percentage of off-meta classes a lot.
100% this but the Devs don't care to hear it. We are going to be stuck with what he have and I don't see it changing. Fixing a problem first means admitting there is one... lol

Vandoles

Post#554 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 pm

Except there is no problem. This is a hobby for the devs and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. You are not valuable in any way. Maybe if the numbers of players start bleeding heavily, but that's not happening right now.

They may fix cities because I'm pretty sure the pve grind isn't fun for destro either. But they won't fix it for you.

I've been here for the beginning and I'm still surprised people haven't learned this. And before anyone comes as to me attacking the devs, I'm not in the slightest. Every time I've made a mod/content for free it was for my own fun and enjoyment, occasionally I got pleasure out of seeing others enjoy it, but it was for MY pleasure still.

It's their server, nobody else will ever make another one, deal with it or leave, that's how it is and always will be. There's no need to skirt around it.

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#555 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:41 pm

jvlosky wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:22 pm
gurtuk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:02 pm This thread gets a lot of attention right before or right after a city, but it's always the same nonsense.

I don't see this changing ever. Destro def has the advantage, numbers and statistics don't lie. But hey just keep going with the 'omg you guys need to get more organized and git gud' logic lmaooo
It has everything to do with being organised and coordinated, some order warbands almost never lose city's. you know why? because they're good. order loses a lot because they just aren't coordinated, very mindless. then they come here and complain. don't blame anyone but yourself.
gorbane - choppa

Vandoles

Post#556 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 am

gurtuk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:41 pm
jvlosky wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:22 pm

It has everything to do with being organised and coordinated, some order warbands almost never lose city's. you know why? because they're good. order loses a lot because they just aren't coordinated, very mindless. then they come here and complain. don't blame anyone but yourself.
What's your point, exactly? That we should play "correct" instead of the way we would like to play?

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#557 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:11 am

Play how you want, but city sieges are meant to be competitive. Don't come on the forums complaining when you all know why you lose city's. I don't care how you play. City's are supposed to be difficult, and if you "play how you want" you lose. without coordination and competence when you're up against 12/24 other people you'll get stomped. It happens both ways.
gorbane - choppa

Vandoles

Post#558 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 am

gurtuk wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:11 am Play how you want, but city sieges are meant to be competitive. Don't come on the forums complaining when you all know why you lose city's. I don't care how you play. City's are supposed to be difficult, and if you "play how you want" you lose. without coordination and competence when you're up against 12/24 other people you'll get stomped. It happens both ways.
So if I should do what I'm supposed to do and not play how I want, I should stop playing video games and go read a book, do some work, clean the house, right?

Ads
tefnaht

Post#559 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:51 am

gurtuk wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:11 am Play how you want, but city sieges are meant to be competitive. Don't come on the forums complaining when you all know why you lose city's. I don't care how you play. City's are supposed to be difficult, and if you "play how you want" you lose. without coordination and competence when you're up against 12/24 other people you'll get stomped. It happens both ways.
If it meant to be competitive - where is matchmaker rules? Why anyone can register solo? For competitive component it must be as ranked sc, separate for solo and for groups and for warbands. Nothing difficult in fight 24wb against 12wb+6party+6solo, no matter who's 24wb order\destro...

Truth is - 2* siege with 24vs24 mirror give 104 tokens for lose and 176 tokens for win, and while it will be so - people will go to city for farm. If remove lose reward - count of mirrors will drop from 24-30(eu prime time) to 10-14, and it will be some kind of "competitive". If remove reward at all(ranked good example overprice and not "the best" items) - city sieges will drop to near zero count. Give another way for farm royal's - same result, drop mirrors count.

All this "balance" problem will be crucial if one side start losing critical online mass. atm destro have online advantage by 15-35%, reasons for this lies in visual\balance\non game issues...

Kaelang

Post#560 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58 am

Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 am
So if I should do what I'm supposed to do and not play how I want, I should stop playing video games and go read a book, do some work, clean the house, right?
I normally wouldn't jump in - but this analogy is ridiculous.

Do you read a book by starting half way through, then going to the start to read the end shortly after? Do you clean the house by first messing everything up? Do you start your workday by having a nap?

If you want to do what you want, do what you want - but don't expect the ideal result.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.