Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: City Winner History?

Post#311 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 amSo what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
They picked classes that are great for the vast majority of the ORVR campaign and are sucky when overstacked for the final scenario.

Remember, in the years and years this server has been active for those classes have had it good, and pre-cities when the best gear dropped from forts those classes were great and melee had to suffer. Was the option during that time for all mdps to re-roll rdps to have an easier time in sieges and have more oppotunity to interact with the game rather than standing around on walls or keep grounds doing nothing for ages until a push was called?

All that's happened in the game is that a new game mode has been introduced which favours melee / close range fights exactly like it did on live. If you have a way of somehow buffing rdps in cities without making them an absolute nightmare in orvr/sieges then I'd love to see it (and that goes for anyone). Otherwise this discussion basically comes down to waiting for the devs to create new content that has sovereign-level rewards.

ALPHA SERVER. Not everything comes at once and bits and pieces are added to the game slowly over time.
I joined this server in 2016 and I dont remember SW/SH being considered good in any aspects of the game as a RDPS
Last edited by agemennon675 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Xergon

Post#312 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:26 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 am
zumos2 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:02 am
Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 pm

Do you honestly believe Destro as a whole are just better players and that is the only reason the last city was another blowout?
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. It's quite simple really. Destro pugs > Order pugs. Destro premade ~= Order premade. Since most instances are pugs destro usually wins. And the reason order pugs suck is mostly setup based. Sure you can bring an engie, a WH or heck, even a dps WP. But if you stack too many of those you're gonna get rekt by superior setups. And order just runs more of those classes than destro. And that is a player choice.
So what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
No, u can play what u like, but build then team urself around it, so u dont end up in trash setup instance, if dont put that effort then dont expect walk in the park pugging solo with nonmeta class.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Detangler

Post#313 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:33 pm

For those that say "its not my fault i picked this class..."

So you're telling me in all the hours you played scenarios, orvr, from T1 all the way to RR60 or RR70 or whatever you're at now, in ALL the times you were playing, you never once noticed that literally no WB or organized scenario group ever advertised "LF 2 SWs oRVR" or "LF 2 engies organized scenario group." That somehow you missed all the times someone said "LF tanks and heals, WP/KotBS preferred" and that now suddenly, SUDDENLY, you find yourself playing a class that is less than wanted.

As my teenager would say unsarcastically: "Bruuuuuuuuuh...."
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

agemennon675

Post#314 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:52 pm

The issue is not that there are classes unwanted the issue here is end game gear is only optainable by City and alot of classes from both sides are non-viable/unwanted there, order have more of those, the issue we talk about here is this. I am not trying to change anyones opinion here, ofc people like to be on the winning side and doesnt want to lose that status. We already discussed what the problem is and how to fix it on earlier posts
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

M0rw47h

Post#315 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:58 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:52 pm The issue is not that there are classes unwanted the issue here is end game gear is only optainable by City and alot of classes from both sides are non-viable/unwanted there, order have more of those, the issue we talk about here is this. I am not trying to change anyones opinion here, ofc people like to be on the winning side and doesnt want to lose that status. We already discussed what the problem is and how to fix it on earlier posts
You can get that gear (crests) from oRvR bags and fort bags.
You don't even have to step into city once, it may take you few months, but well people want their gear NOW.

agemennon675

Post#316 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:58 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:52 pm The issue is not that there are classes unwanted the issue here is end game gear is only optainable by City and alot of classes from both sides are non-viable/unwanted there, order have more of those, the issue we talk about here is this. I am not trying to change anyones opinion here, ofc people like to be on the winning side and doesnt want to lose that status. We already discussed what the problem is and how to fix it on earlier posts
You don't even have to step into city once, it may take you few months, but well people want their gear NOW.
They dont want gear now, they want to get it in a reasonable time like everyone else

Naelar

Post#317 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 am
zumos2 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:02 am
Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 pm

Do you honestly believe Destro as a whole are just better players and that is the only reason the last city was another blowout?
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. It's quite simple really. Destro pugs > Order pugs. Destro premade ~= Order premade. Since most instances are pugs destro usually wins. And the reason order pugs suck is mostly setup based. Sure you can bring an engie, a WH or heck, even a dps WP. But if you stack too many of those you're gonna get rekt by superior setups. And order just runs more of those classes than destro. And that is a player choice.
So what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
Yeah, it kinda is. I deal with it all the time on my order toons. There are plenty of times when i wanna blow **** up. Then i'll look at my guildies, look at available warbands and see 2-3 runepriests between them all.. And I say to myself, 'guess I'm healing tonight.'

Sometimes, it's about adapting yourself to the side instead of demanding the side adapt to you.

Xergon

Post#318 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm
They dont want gear now, they want to get it in a reasonable time like everyone else
They want to put 0 effort and expecting good results.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
yoluigi

Post#319 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Fort only give invader.(unless you defend 1) I did a city last night got 15 peice under 1h-2hours i think i gotten 20 peice of royals in the past 4 months doin rvr. (now at rr82) They need to buff reward for open rvr bags for 80+ because kinda a waste of time in term of reward. It would push people not to make alts all the time.

M0rw47h

Post#320 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:50 pm

yoluigi wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm
Fort only give invader.(unless you defend 1) I did a city last night got 15 peice under 1h-2hours i think i gotten 20 peice of royals in the past 4 months doin rvr. (now at rr82) They need to buff reward for open rvr bags for 80+ because kinda a waste of time in term of reward. It would push people not to make alts all the time.
Fort bags give royals, at least gold one. I usualy get like ~4 royals per play session in oRvR.