Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
TwistedSister77

Re: City Winner History?

Post#301 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:47 pm

After many pages of discussion, I think we have left the devs really very little specific to change. Some great discussions of class changes, and counter arguments to those changes... but a lot of theory.

It would be unfair of me just to post that observation without my own thought.

I'm not logged in right now, so I'm not sure if a character's Tome tracks cities wins vs losses. If it does, great, if not perhaps start tracking that. End goal perhaps being a bolster to certain stats to slightly level the playing field (the amount of bolster based on your win loss ratio record)... think about it.

It may also help with the pug vs premade a bit.

Note, I did not specify a side... would help balance a specific city scenario for either faction.
Last edited by TwistedSister77 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Acidic

Post#302 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:54 pm Order just bombed destro out during of the Reikwald fort with a mass of BW and Engi. Imagine being the melee-heavy side having to push through that every time and wiping repeatedly.
Obviously things like this don’t count in 5his thread.
Things like Destro zerging 2:1 matter as we all know that order never outnumbers Destro and run 3 stacked warbands

Order is poor picked on group who never have upper had and all classes are in need of buff.

satanlol

Post#303 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:01 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:33 pm
satanlol wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:14 pm

You are more than often wrong in many of the posts you make on these forums.

Read these patch notes: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=35369
Considering you defended pre-nerf Dire Shielding, you should probably not post on game balance related threads.
I did not defend the version of Bane Shield that buffed 24-players. I wrote the correct formula of how to calculate the damage. Instead of “feeling” that something was unbalanced I did tests and provided feedback on how the ability worked.

You on the other hand stated that the ability could do 120.000 damage per global cooldown (which again is wrong), so I just corrected you.

This is a quote from you in that thread:
“ That ability can literally hit 24*50 (or however many AOEers you have) *100 = 120,000 damage *every GCD* (or more) if people are packed in enough - per Chosen.”

teiloh

Post#304 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:51 am

satanlol wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:01 am
satanlol wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:14 pm

You are more than often wrong in many of the posts you make on these forums.

Read these patch notes: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=35369
Considering you defended pre-nerf Dire Shielding, you should probably not post on game balance related threads.
I did not defend the version of Bane Shield that buffed 24-players. I wrote the correct formula of how to calculate the damage. Instead of “feeling” that something was unbalanced I did tests and provided feedback on how the ability worked.

You on the other hand stated that the ability could do 120.000 damage per global cooldown (which again is wrong), so I just corrected you.

“ That ability can literally hit 24*50 (or however many AOEers you have) *100 = 120,000 damage *every GCD* (or more) if people are packed in enough - per Chosen.”
Yep. You seem to think the damage log of allied Baneshield goes to the Chosen, it doesn't.

satanlol

Post#305 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 am

teiloh wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:51 am
satanlol wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:01 am

Yep. You seem to think the damage log of allied Baneshield goes to the Chosen, it doesn't.
According the pictures posted in the mentioned topic that’s the case. According to the tests I’ve done with my guild that’s the case.

I’ll gladly share the feedback with you and do some more tests over discord if you want. I’ll add you right now.

zumos2

Post#306 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:02 am

Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 pm
zumos2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:28 pm Order 8-8-8 warband full of meta classes lost to crap setup with 6 WE, 1 choppa, 1 mSH, 1 mara and 1 magus or sorc, can't remember. With a less than 2 heals per group.
Order is doomed. =)
I guess skill matters ... What a concept I know :D
Do you honestly believe Destro as a whole are just better players and that is the only reason the last city was another blowout?
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. It's quite simple really. Destro pugs > Order pugs. Destro premade ~= Order premade. Since most instances are pugs destro usually wins. And the reason order pugs suck is mostly setup based. Sure you can bring an engie, a WH or heck, even a dps WP. But if you stack too many of those you're gonna get rekt by superior setups. And order just runs more of those classes than destro. And that is a player choice.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

agemennon675

Post#307 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 am

zumos2 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:02 am
Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 pm
zumos2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm
I guess skill matters ... What a concept I know :D
Do you honestly believe Destro as a whole are just better players and that is the only reason the last city was another blowout?
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything like that. It's quite simple really. Destro pugs > Order pugs. Destro premade ~= Order premade. Since most instances are pugs destro usually wins. And the reason order pugs suck is mostly setup based. Sure you can bring an engie, a WH or heck, even a dps WP. But if you stack too many of those you're gonna get rekt by superior setups. And order just runs more of those classes than destro. And that is a player choice.
So what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

M0rw47h

Post#308 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:48 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 am So what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
Yes, it's their fault.
Whenever you do poor choice in your life, it's your fault.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#309 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:09 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 am
So what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
It kinda is their fault for picking bad classes. I have my own WH (same as my account name even), but I don't play it because I could tell early on that the class lacked burst+mobility+survival+aoe when compared to other available Order mdps picks. Sure, it's fun in solo, same as with my WE. But when I joined a guild (TUP), I rerolled from my WE to playing Sorc which was more in demand in warbands, and later more alts that are better suited for guild warbands (BW, SL, WL, Chop). Playing ST gank classes is kinda selfish as realm warfare goes.
The same goes very much for Engis, being able to play a long range sniper can be fun and achieve bunch of kills in keep sieges, but on open fields you are kinda wasted, same as in cities.
And if your whole realm is full of selfish non-meta non-Warband useful classes (WH, Engi, SW), then due to people stacking said classes in cities, they are more likely to lose against Destro setups that bring less of bad class stacks.

Omegus

Post#310 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 amSo what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
They picked classes that are great for the vast majority of the ORVR campaign and are sucky when overstacked for the final scenario.

Remember, in the years and years this server has been active for those classes have had it good, and pre-cities when the best gear dropped from forts those classes were great and melee had to suffer. Was the option during that time for all mdps to re-roll rdps to have an easier time in sieges and have more oppotunity to interact with the game rather than standing around on walls or keep grounds doing nothing for ages until a push was called?

All that's happened in the game is that a new game mode has been introduced which favours melee / close range fights exactly like it did on live. If you have a way of somehow buffing rdps in cities without making them an absolute nightmare in orvr/sieges then I'd love to see it (and that goes for anyone). Otherwise this discussion basically comes down to waiting for the devs to create new content that has sovereign-level rewards.

ALPHA SERVER. Not everything comes at once and bits and pieces are added to the game slowly over time.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot