Twyxx

Re: City Winner History?

Post#271 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:49 am

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:48 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:25 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Wat.
What he is saying is:

The WP can slot both ED (which gives 20% healing bonus) and Discipline (160 willpower), giving the WP 25%-31% increased healing (more or less).
The DoK can slot Discipline, giviing them 5-11% increased healing.

Whether or not WPs do slot ED/Discipline, is another matter (and/or whether DOKs slot Discipline).

That being said, acting like 5%-11% healing increases and 20% healing increases "are the same thing", is a delusional take at best. Yes, and also 5% damage is the same as 20% damage! Math!!!!!
No, he just suggested WPs run both ED and Discipline. Thats ridiculous.
There's nothing wrong with running both ED/discipline.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#272 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 am

Twyxx wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:49 am There's nothing wrong with running both ED/discipline.
During funnels? Maybe. Anywhere else, you're skipping much better tactics.

nuadarstark

Post#273 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 am
Twyxx wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:49 am There's nothing wrong with running both ED/discipline.
During funnels? Maybe. Anywhere else, you're skipping much better tactics.
Eh, it's fine if you don't want to be chugging pots/liniments all the damn time, or if you're not geared.

But yeah, in a lot of the gear combos it gets a bit unnecessary. That said I wouldn't call anything but maybe Refreshing Radiance or Fueled Fury "much better". Assuming that the rest of tactics are ED, Intimidating Repent and Cleansing Power.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

p00ky

Post#274 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm
Order pug warbands do the same what you dont understand or dont want to understand is there are alot of un-wanted classes on order that even pug 2-2-2's dont want to take aka (SW,WH,Engi,AM) these players are forced to que solo if they want to get crests that is why you are meeting them in the city
Its not that I dont want to understand and I agree there are more ranged dps in order, making it more difficult to set up as many pug 2/2/2s as Destro. Its the fact that I never ever encounter a serious setupt if not a guild premade, even in 12vs12 man vs PUGS. We have lots of WEs that have to solo que, we have quite a few ranged SHs that suffer to find a spot, we have the poor Maguses which get ignored if without rift spec, we have organized premades which only want 1 shaman in the WB etc etc etc.
I don´t see you having more WHs than us WEs, 2 rSWs are quite viable in pug groups for cities, engis should at least respec for cities, etc. I still believe its more in the mentality of "oh I wont find a group I´ll solo que" instead of more people deciding to take the step forward to organizing the PUGs in order, sorry :roll:

agemennon675

Post#275 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:58 am

p00ky wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am
agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm
Order pug warbands do the same what you dont understand or dont want to understand is there are alot of un-wanted classes on order that even pug 2-2-2's dont want to take aka (SW,WH,Engi,AM) these players are forced to que solo if they want to get crests that is why you are meeting them in the city
Its not that I dont want to understand and I agree there are more ranged dps in order, making it more difficult to set up as many pug 2/2/2s as Destro. Its the fact that I never ever encounter a serious setupt if not a guild premade, even in 12vs12 man vs PUGS. We have lots of WEs that have to solo que, we have quite a few ranged SHs that suffer to find a spot, we have the poor Maguses which get ignored if without rift spec, we have organized premades which only want 1 shaman in the WB etc etc etc.
I don´t see you having more WHs than us WEs, 2 rSWs are quite viable in pug groups for cities, engis should at least respec for cities, etc. I still believe its more in the mentality of "oh I wont find a group I´ll solo que" instead of more people deciding to take the step forward to organizing the PUGs in order, sorry :roll:
Why would any SH has to solo que for city ? They can just go MSH and pretty much be top tier aoe dps, and no not even pugs want a single SW in any kind of spec, if they take one its because he is either the warband leader or a friend that people doesnt want to offend.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

TreefAM

Post#276 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Nobody wants to stack MSH, if you're losing to meatballs you're honestly bad, so yes they struggle to find spots, when I'm making cities the only time I take one is because it's a guildy, otherwise I wouldn't look at them twice.
Sure they have nice utility with their cooldown increase and some aoe dmg, but I'd still rather take maras and choppas for their spot and anything slightly competent will make the msh dead in the water.

agemennon675

Post#277 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm

TreefAM wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:35 pm Nobody wants to stack MSH, if you're losing to meatballs you're honestly bad, so yes they struggle to find spots, when I'm making cities the only time I take one is because it's a guildy, otherwise I wouldn't look at them twice.
Sure they have nice utility with their cooldown increase and some aoe dmg, but I'd still rather take maras and choppas for their spot and anything slightly competent will make the msh dead in the water.
This just shows why class balance is an issue there because MSH is better than SW,WH,Engi in city enviroment and you even say they are bad and you better pick Mara and Choppa, and yes you can take 4 MSH and make them work in city but you cannot take 4 SW in a city warband. This is clear as day. MSH can fill the dps spots when needed because they have everything in the same spec; Survival+Aoe+Single target+mobility. Just because you dont prefer them doesnt mean they arent viable
Last edited by agemennon675 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

M0rw47h

Post#278 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm
TreefAM wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:35 pm Nobody wants to stack MSH, if you're losing to meatballs you're honestly bad, so yes they struggle to find spots, when I'm making cities the only time I take one is because it's a guildy, otherwise I wouldn't look at them twice.
This just shows why class balance is an issue there because MSH is better than SW,WH,Engi in city enviroment and you even say they are bad and you better pick Mara and Choppa, and yes you can take 4 MSH and make them work in city but you cannot take 4 SW in a city warband. This is clear as day. MSH can fill the dps spots when needed because they have everything in the same spec; Survival+Aoe+Single target
I've heard LbL played 3 SWs lately.

Ads
Davjen
Suspended

Post#279 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:33 pm

since when order is losing so many cities and is "undergeared" when they had the WL spam farm city active

agemennon675

Post#280 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:40 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm
This just shows why class balance is an issue there because MSH is better than SW,WH,Engi in city enviroment and you even say they are bad and you better pick Mara and Choppa, and yes you can take 4 MSH and make them work in city but you cannot take 4 SW in a city warband. This is clear as day. MSH can fill the dps spots when needed because they have everything in the same spec; Survival+Aoe+Single target
I've heard LbL played 3 SWs lately.
I would love to see the results