Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Next SW patch

Post#81 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 pm

samanoVI wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:27 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:54 pm
Stalkarn wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm

This is utterly ironic. This is also a schoolbook example of psychological projection. I suggest you stop throwing **** on a great game and repelling players with your narcissistic comments. For your own good, stop answering and have someone else do the "Head GM" work. I know RoR is some basement project, but I bet it wont be so much fun when you have no one to fight in game.
Feel free to leave anytime. Need some help packing up your toys?
I mean, when you throw **** at the community that you're using, expect it to get thrown back at you. This is what a lot of the responces you send and receive boil down to. It's almost like you just want to have the last word. It's really not healthy for your forums. There's a lot of frustration on Order side currently with the state the game is in, which obviously will result in a lot of salty players. Of course they're going to come here to cry! It happens on other game forums too. Why would it be any differant here? The lack of acknowledgement of the problems that are causing the frustration/salt and dismissive responces just makes it all worse.

Bollox thread is bollox anyway. It's not going anywhere. It's odd that it was kept open.
I suppose it's fine for staff to be targeted by angry players, and we should coddle them and tell them everything is going to be okay? What kind of volunteers do you think are keeping this place afloat? I'm no masochist. Treat staff with respect. This is a basic rule. When you don't, there should be no expectation of kind regards in return.

If you choose to use any post where I've come off as hostile towards someone to determine your basis of my character, than you're ignoring the remaining volume of work that I've provided in a positive manner over several years. Helping players, pushing content, and moving this project forward is my main goal. If someone wants to have a go at a staff member, or directly at me, then don't expect a happy smiling face and warm response. Coming here to have a cry doesn't need to be directed at some imaginary evil Dev/GM that doesn't exist. NO staff member here is looking to hurt the project, the ones that do get ousted VERY quickly.

The vast majority the time, by volume of their posts, Developers aren't particularly active on the forums. This isn't by any internal decree where they're forbidden to interact with the common plebs. I would imagine the general hostility on the forum at any given time to the state of the game (pick a drama, any drama) is more than they feel they've volunteered for. Who wants to wade into balance or game mechanic discussions with threads like these?

I know exactly what to expect, it happens every time. Start talking in a hot thread, wait a few hours, suddenly random aggro boi that wants to have a cry about bias or failure or whatever perceived slight they've directly received as the result of a balance change they didn't make. I would love to have sane discussions with people that are legitimately interested in balance and not their own bias, but the handful of people that can discuss in good faith the topic at hand are also ending up as the target of harassment. Is this really a dumpster thread? Why wouldn't it just get locked? MAYBE there's some legitimate complaint that the discussion is bearing out? Coincidence?

Anyway, I'll give people a chance to explain themselves. I don't expect that to happen. They just want to have a cry. We're still going to put out patch notes, we're still going to continue development. Balance will crawl forward at a relatively slow pace. The bad classes will get better. More content will be released in weeks and months. That's all despite the openly hostile feedback we receive. There's a lot more good here than bad, but when you hyperfocus on one aspect you lose sight of what matters.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
tefnaht

Post#82 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 am

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:37 pm
Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 pm
losvtranse wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:09 pm
Somewhere, in a dark dark corner, WE and WH hug eachother and cry.
Can understand we/WH . Out of all classes proposal and begs for buffs without acknowledging the classes good points SW wins hands down. This class seems to attract the I deserved to have best dps at max range, deserved best dps close up, deserved all kite skills .....
Not at everything but people picking a dps class to be good at something at some point so they can use the class as its advantages, where do you put a SW in scs ? City ? RvR ? What is the good points of a SW that is not better on other dps classes just curious
scs - be in 2\2\2, SS, Leading Shots and prey that second dd have enough damage burst; City - aSW only, try to burst sorc\healers with WL\WH; RvR - wall engi style. What SW do the best - attract attention from enemy dd(and some tanks), dozens of defensive\healing pots is your best friends and new trajectory for jump, time to time, can help is some situations(but in most situations you need wait until get move immunity, pulls work in sky, mb give immunity for 2-3 seconds for every jump ability in game is some kind of good idea, destro have zeal winds and choppa gtdc that's work like air defence and don't have analogue from order side)

P.S. my best achievement with jump - collide with kicked chosen right in the air...

P.S.S. yes - SW best is average for other dd classes(who in meta list) in best case scenario, not last word for physics range damage is that opposing stat is initiative, nobody gimp this stat, willpower - main stat for healers and in theory physic rDPS is preferred for focus healers, but in reality half of healers is WP\DoK and all healers pick some +armor +anticrit. So best targets for rSW is sorc\magus, but for them SW best target too and sorc do significantly more damage, magus have better range and more damage in that kind of "duel". rSW can do some pressure(in SW terms) damage only with x3 bha, stacking dots in this game and 0 damage at hit on bha force to rotate stacking with other abilities, it's look like designed rotation, but full praparation cost ±200 ap and by it self pretty harmless. You need AP pots, buff from other classes to +AP, combination Bulls Eye + Replenishing Strikes tactics, 1050 BS + max WS to do damage near lazy BW. And price for this - 0 survivability, when others can afford self some defensive rr\tacticts\tali and still have good damage... Try hard and be a glass must have more damage reward.

samanoVI

Post#83 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:28 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 pm
samanoVI wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:27 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Feel free to leave anytime. Need some help packing up your toys?
I mean, when you throw **** at the community that you're using, expect it to get thrown back at you. This is what a lot of the responces you send and receive boil down to. It's almost like you just want to have the last word. It's really not healthy for your forums. There's a lot of frustration on Order side currently with the state the game is in, which obviously will result in a lot of salty players. Of course they're going to come here to cry! It happens on other game forums too. Why would it be any differant here? The lack of acknowledgement of the problems that are causing the frustration/salt and dismissive responces just makes it all worse.

Bollox thread is bollox anyway. It's not going anywhere. It's odd that it was kept open.
I suppose it's fine for staff to be targeted by angry players, and we should coddle them and tell them everything is going to be okay? What kind of volunteers do you think are keeping this place afloat? I'm no masochist. Treat staff with respect. This is a basic rule. When you don't, there should be no expectation of kind regards in return.

If you choose to use any post where I've come off as hostile towards someone to determine your basis of my character, than you're ignoring the remaining volume of work that I've provided in a positive manner over several years. Helping players, pushing content, and moving this project forward is my main goal. If someone wants to have a go at a staff member, or directly at me, then don't expect a happy smiling face and warm response. Coming here to have a cry doesn't need to be directed at some imaginary evil Dev/GM that doesn't exist. NO staff member here is looking to hurt the project, the ones that do get ousted VERY quickly.

The vast majority the time, by volume of their posts, Developers aren't particularly active on the forums. This isn't by any internal decree where they're forbidden to interact with the common plebs. I would imagine the general hostility on the forum at any given time to the state of the game (pick a drama, any drama) is more than they feel they've volunteered for. Who wants to wade into balance or game mechanic discussions with threads like these?

I know exactly what to expect, it happens every time. Start talking in a hot thread, wait a few hours, suddenly random aggro boi that wants to have a cry about bias or failure or whatever perceived slight they've directly received as the result of a balance change they didn't make. I would love to have sane discussions with people that are legitimately interested in balance and not their own bias, but the handful of people that can discuss in good faith the topic at hand are also ending up as the target of harassment. Is this really a dumpster thread? Why wouldn't it just get locked? MAYBE there's some legitimate complaint that the discussion is bearing out? Coincidence?

Anyway, I'll give people a chance to explain themselves. I don't expect that to happen. They just want to have a cry. We're still going to put out patch notes, we're still going to continue development. Balance will crawl forward at a relatively slow pace. The bad classes will get better. More content will be released in weeks and months. That's all despite the openly hostile feedback we receive. There's a lot more good here than bad, but when you hyperfocus on one aspect you lose sight of what matters.
Thank you for explaining things Wargrimnir. I honestly wasn't cherry picking your posts, or going through your post history looking for things to throw back at you. You can see im fairly new on these forums, and just the topics I have an interest in seem to blow up into a whole load of negativity, from posters and moderator. With you being the head gm, a comment from you usually isnt far behind, and the ones I've seen haven't painted a pleasant picture of you in my mind of how you are around here. Other new members of the forums/the game may end up with a similar picture of you and the GMs, just like I have.

BUT, I have seen you respond extremely abrupty against some posters that have gave a good suggestion. Just like near the beginning of this thread there was a dude that had a suggestion about a better way in which the devs can give feedback to the community, so we have a better picture of what's going on with a particular class; Man, you like pulled that guys tongue out lol! Still, as you say I've no doubt missed a whole lot of pleasant and constructive responses you've given to the community here that I should probably take the time to read so that I don't have such a distorted view of you.

I can honestly appreciate the amount of **** gm/staff may get from gamers. We're an incredibly whiney-arse bunch largely that often show little respect to random X on the other side of the internet. A lot of whom think they can get away with murder. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your....job(?) It's just a suggestion that may help to stop the forums turn into such a bed of negativity: If there's a poster thats critical about some aspect of the game but isn't being constructive, shitposts included obviously, why not just give them a copy paste robotic responce like "make this post constructive else its going to get deleted, sharpish"? Instead there seems to be engagement with them and almost responding to them in a similar manner, which can make you mods look like ar**s.

Maybe that's too harsh and i'm a bit of a tyrant, I dunno. I just think this is healthier for you GMs and the atmosphere on forums/in game, than getting embroiled in a senseless exchange that probably ends up souring your mood. And hating Order side even more -JOKE! I'm joking!! :twisted: (don't destroy me please). Again, it's just a suggestion! Not trying to tell you how you to do your job/labour of love/spare-time thing. Whatever all this is to you.
#lopo]#]

friendlinzh

Post#84 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:32 am

the rework to SW was too overpowered aimed at aSW more than RangedSW.Return of Reckoning is a Warhammer Online private server. ... They resort to an old emulator called All Private Server to get started. At that time, Dyox was the main developer. In the course of time he decided to make his own private server called The Warhammer Online Private Server.i also play fifa ultimate team and make money by farming fifa coins in game.i think fifa as good as warhammer online.
Last edited by friendlinzh on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drekan

Post#85 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:53 pm

Bad changes as every class change from live. Anyway
Elizerain Thex

Kobra
Suspended

Post#86 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Drekan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:53 pm Bad changes as every class change from live. Anyway
Umm. No. Most of the changes in RoR are major improvements over live.

Live was a mess compared to RoR in it's current state, and don't even get me started about the gross gearflation creep that largely murdered live, keeping anyone from competitions, in any way, against people in higher gear levels, but enforcing that they must always fight each other with these imbalances. I do remember Warforge Slayers and WH's taking on entire lesser geared warbands. So let's please, be careful when comparing the cluster live was, with RoR.

vcysong

Post#87 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:31 am

There's a lot of people in this thread missing the point that this is a volunteer-led - free - game with a handful of dedicated people making it happen.

The level of abuse, trolling etc is unnecessary to say the least. It's perfectly reasonable to discuss issues and debate balance etc without resorting to the usual tropes of MMOs past.

A community-led project should very much be that, community-led, so before you hit submit, take a breath - re-read and have a go at making it at the very least a constructive post.

Just my 2cp

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#88 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:45 am

vcysong wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:31 am There's a lot of people in this thread missing the point that this is a volunteer-led - free - game with a handful of dedicated people making it happen.

The level of abuse, trolling etc is unnecessary to say the least. It's perfectly reasonable to discuss issues and debate balance etc without resorting to the usual tropes of MMOs past.

A community-led project should very much be that, community-led, so before you hit submit, take a breath - re-read and have a go at making it at the very least a constructive post.

Just my 2cp
This game isnt community led matey

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#89 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:01 am

Destro cries > SW gameplay
wonder when SH will be one only who arrow peppermint?

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:03 am

vcysong wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:31 am There's a lot of people in this thread missing the point that this is a volunteer-led - free - game with a handful of dedicated people making it happen.

Just my 2cp
e
even free, volunteer-led game need balance and classes, not current situation with order sucking, especially mad changes of useless SW