Recent Topics

Ads

Next SW patch

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Next SW patch

Post#31 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:53 pm

I'm always happy to "engage" with the community when it comes with shitposting. That violates TOS.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
tefnaht

Post#32 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:49 pm

jonspidy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:10 pm
istvar wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Did you actually read Wargs last response?
He pretty much said they intentionally created a gap between the community and the dev team and they have 0 interest in your input if you aren’t part of the grp they consider „plenty of help already“
Did YOU read my last post? I said we use community feedback as one base for balance changes but discussions about it are held internally. The community isn't useless, we're just not actively engaging with them. Maybe look around at the community shitposting that's rampant and understand why.
Thats why theres so much shitposting going on. By not actively engaging with the community it leaves us in the dark with whats going on. People are angry over the constant nerfs to Order and not receiving any clarity or hearing anything about it besides "its overperforming" doesn't help. Tons of skills are overperforming on destro but are left untouched.
As a developer you just can't spread out information about things that "in progress", all can be changed few times in a row "inside the team". In other way it's just enlarge reaction of forum community to every developer step. And simple reason - to active work with community need more resources and, as wargrimnir said, it's not a community driven project, even not commercial project - save and focus limited resources is an only way to do anything complete.

adapter
Suspended

Post#33 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:30 pm

This happened because the rework to SW was too overpowered aimed at aSW more than RangedSW, make them a dot stacker was a wrong/boring idea. I don't know if the Dev team plays rSW or rSH because it all looks weird at this point.

Yes, Scout spec got buffed, they just increased the damage overall of every skill and added a ranged knockdown, that's easy rework and was good, but still didn't quite managed to fullfill that "warband spot" for rSW.

Still a lot of work left to do that will occupy what? 1 or 3 more months before the Dev team can start working on other careers? Could of taken a different approach to it but now is too late and all the Shadow Warrior players are ungrateful about the rework.

Let see what the Dev team will do on the next weeks, let see...and maybe next year we'll see a Ranged Squig Herder rework, or nerf...who knows?
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

mryay

Post#34 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:11 pm

adapter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:30 pm This happened because the rework to SW was too overpowered aimed at aSW more than RangedSW, make them a dot stacker was a wrong/boring idea. I don't know if the Dev team plays rSW or rSH because it all looks weird at this point.

Yes, Scout spec got buffed, they just increased the damage overall of every skill and added a ranged knockdown, that's easy rework and was good, but still didn't quite managed to fullfill that "warband spot" for rSW.

Still a lot of work left to do that will occupy what? 1 or 3 more months before the Dev team can start working on other careers? Could of taken a different approach to it but now is too late and all the Shadow Warrior players are ungrateful about the rework.

Let see what the Dev team will do on the next weeks, let see...and maybe next year we'll see a Ranged Squig Herder rework, or nerf...who knows?
How Scout got buff exactly? If you are referring to Glass Arrow, this was not a buff, it was at best a lateral move in adding a tiny tiny bit of "burst" in your damage sequence. However, overall it is a nerf. Flame Arrow was moved to skirmish and its range reduced. It used to be a 100ft instant cast with a dot part which actually cover for the addition of glass arrow for the AP trade.
You can't do damage when you don't have AP or when you're dead.
And Fester bomb is more a Fester dart now :D .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Winterwacht

Post#35 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Wish skirmish had back its range on snare and heal debuff atleast

adapter
Suspended

Post#36 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:31 pm

mryay wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:11 pm
How Scout got buff exactly?
Almost every single skill got their damage increased and the one that deals the most damage now is Undefendable, plus the range knockdown. So yeah, all these rSW are just a bunch of ungrateful elves.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

saupreusse
Developer

Post#37 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:00 pm

adapter wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:31 pm
Almost every single skill got their damage increased and the one that deals the most damage now is Undefendable, plus the range knockdown. So yeah, all these rSW are just a bunch of ungrateful elves.
I believe most ppl whp play sw arent just staying in scout all the time. And skirmish - although it has higher dps potential now on paper - doesnt quite work in a real game environment. The low range + removal of the range debuff from glass arrow isnt really working for a backload burst dot stacker.

anarchypark

Post#38 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:50 am

skirmish is 40~65ft range.
it needs front lines more than ever.
and only premade provides proper meatshield.
it's clear that skirmish is no more kiting role. 100ft leeching is shifted to scout.
instead, they got aoe. like slayer/bw, it needs support.
how many of you tested on that circumstance?

b4 you go 'bw/sl dmg blah blah'
skirmish role is morale drain of monstro mara but like all mirrors, it's mixed.
monstro is defensive tree, skirmish is dps.
defensive util vs offensive util.

has anyone tried skirmish + assault ?
barrage 40ft + No Respite 40ft ?
or tried smoldering arrow tactic for huge aoe dot style?
morale drain on top of them.

I can't test them all alone, having no friends list*minions* and 280ping.
go test with your elite resources.
appeal to your bomb leader what you can do.

go test more. or whatever.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
ceramicartist

Post#39 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:23 am

adapter wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:31 pm
Stop looking at whats on paper and go actually play a SW. This last patch was a huge nerf. I really hope I don't have to explain why.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#40 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:22 am

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:50 am skirmish is 40~65ft range.
it needs front lines more than ever.
and only premade provides proper meatshield.
it's clear that skirmish is no more kiting role. 100ft leeching is shifted to scout.
instead, they got aoe. like slayer/bw, it needs support.
how many of you tested on that circumstance?

b4 you go 'bw/sl dmg blah blah'
skirmish role is morale drain of monstro mara but like all mirrors, it's mixed.
monstro is defensive tree, skirmish is dps.
defensive util vs offensive util.

has anyone tried skirmish + assault ?
barrage 40ft + No Respite 40ft ?
or tried smoldering arrow tactic for huge aoe dot style?
morale drain on top of them.

I can't test them all alone, having no friends list*minions* and 280ping.
go test with your elite resources.
appeal to your bomb leader what you can do.

go test more. or whatever.
Skirmish isnt for kiting anymore... Then why did sw get a tactic that increases movement speed by 20%?
I dont see how that fits into the rework. If skirm wasnt for kiting anymore but for aoe there should not have been such a long cd on lileaths arrow imo.