Recent Topics

Ads

Can we address the afk problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
storm

Can we address the afk problem?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

In most of the cities I join (pug) there is at least 1 afk, today there was 3. People are active enough to que up for the instance and sit and wait for a pop, then just afk , maybe kill a few mobs and wait for bags. I am not talking about getting smashed and deciding not to feed the enemy as this is understandable. But people outright afk. Some come back and admit to afk as there are no consequences. Would it be possible to kick people afk and auto fill? Could there be a vote to kick from the group that is active? (with penalty for abuse of course) There are many who don't get in that would appreciate that spot(s) It would also be nice if they got a quitter debuff as well and were not allowed to join the next cities.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Can we address the afk problem?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:10 pm

You can report people who are afking in cities / throwing cities. Contact an online GM by typing .gm and/or PM them on Discord.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm

You can also join organized warbands and then such problem doesn't exist.

doxifera

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm You can also join organized warbands and then such problem doesn't exist.
and then such problem doesn't exist in organized warbands, otherwise is still exist

M0rw47h

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:24 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm You can also join organized warbands and then such problem doesn't exist.
and then such problem doesn't exist in organized warbands, otherwise is still exist
Playing soloQ City Siege outside of middle of night, or super early morning is kinda... I lack even words to describe it.

Nameless

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:24 pm
Playing soloQ City Siege outside of middle of night, or super early morning is kinda... I lack even words to describe it.
well healers and tanks could easy find at least semi organized wb/12man but some dps classes dont have such opportunity so...
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:24 pm

well healers and tanks could easy find at least semi organized wb/12man but some dps classes dont have such opportunity so...
They do. Fenryl was leading on both WH and aSW, wasn't he?
Organized guilds usualy look for armor debuff engies, but most engies are immobile crappy wall shooters, so well...

catholicism198

Post#8 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm

So we should report PuGs now?
Because solo queueing is basically "throwing," or do groups with zero tanks and zero healers stand a chance against 12+ man groups on discord?

After two wipes in Stage 1, do you really think that the outcome will be any different for the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirtieth, fortieth, hundredth time?

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 am

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm So we should report PuGs now?
Because solo queueing is basically "throwing," or do groups with zero tanks and zero healers stand a chance against 12+ man groups on discord?

After two wipes in Stage 1, do you really think that the outcome will be any different for the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirtieth, fortieth, hundredth time?
Doesn't matter if you can't win. Use it as practice and most importantly: fight for bags. With all these 2 star cities you're missing out on 3 crests for losing, but potentially more by going afk and not trying to win bags (yes I know sometimes the afkers win, that's a problem with a semi random system).

I've been in coordinated wbs and pug wbs that got stomped and I still keep fighting because even though I can't change the instance score I can try and increase the number of royals I get out of it.

Also, giving up after 2 wipes on stage 1. Really? :lol:
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

satanicomoderno

Post#10 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:40 am

storm wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm In most of the cities I join (pug) there is at least 1 afk, today there was 3. People are active enough to que up for the instance and sit and wait for a pop, then just afk , maybe kill a few mobs and wait for bags. I am not talking about getting smashed and deciding not to feed the enemy as this is understandable. But people outright afk. Some come back and admit to afk as there are no consequences. Would it be possible to kick people afk and auto fill? Could there be a vote to kick from the group that is active? (with penalty for abuse of course) There are many who don't get in that would appreciate that spot(s) It would also be nice if they got a quitter debuff as well and were not allowed to join the next cities.
I understand you getting nervous on seeing people afking on pug cities instances. But you're not considering the fact most pug instances and disbalanced or against premades where there is no way to win or to do any other thing than getting constantly farmed. If you like to get farmed constantly then it's your decision, otherwise, make a organised warband and go fight.