Recent Topics

Ads

I remember the PvP being really fun... now I'm just getting frustrated with it.

Let's talk about... everything else
catholicism198

Re: I remember the PvP being really fun... now I'm just getting frustrated with it.

Post#21 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:03 am

This game has always been about zerging.
It doesn’t help that a lot of the maps are small and poorly designed and are basically one long strip of road.
ESO did it right, but the new devs wrecked that game.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Re: I remember the PvP being really fun... now I'm just getting frustrated with it.

Post#22 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am

It's not the same game anymore. From nerf to damage crit, to (as you will find out) killing the dps WP by taking away its best attack that also healed. (Same with a dok but the high attack speed of duel wield just kills any WP that wants to heal and do damage).
That said, if you think Squig Herder is tough in t1, wait till you get to t2/4 when they get a melee spec that gives them more melee damage than a WH (a class completely destroyed in RoR), and more armor and toughness than any SnB Order tank.

But it is still warhammer ... :) and still the only pure PvP game around. (Though in RoR you are forced to do A LOT of PvE Dungeons to get some high end gear).
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Mordecaieth

Post#23 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

To the OP...

In order for me to get about enough footage for a four minute video of just 1vs1 it takes me about a week and a half to two. Just putting that in perspective for you. Hardly anyone on the server runs solo. There is nothing wrong with soloing but everything in this post just sounds like what all the solo boys deal with on a daily basis. You're not alone, but you shouldn't expect special treatment.

Keep ganking and happy hunting!

sogeou

Post#24 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:03 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:03 am This game has always been about zerging.
It doesn’t help that a lot of the maps are small and poorly designed and are basically one long strip of road.
ESO did it right, but the new devs wrecked that game.
Problem is Dev's from Warhammer had a good thought with regards to pvp. The lower level lakes were to be smaller so you were able to get into fights in mins vs games like DAoC you could run around for 30 mins and not see a single soul. ESO has a great zone for pvp, but people still zerg and wait for large amounts of people to go anywhere. I do love ESO's zone and all pvp games should be just like it.

doxifera

Post#25 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:27 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am
That said, if you think Squig Herder is tough in t1, wait till you get to t2/4 when they get a melee spec that gives them more melee damage than a WH (a class completely destroyed in RoR), and more armor and toughness than any SnB Order tank.
joke of the day

raistomen

Post#26 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Paragot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 am I used to play back in the day as a Warrior Priest. I played a TON of PvP and it was blast. The level playing field made it so as long you knew how to play your class, you would do well. I mean, strategy and tactics played a big role as well, and great communication was also key. But all that was secondary. You could just go into a match and do well without even having to worry too much. Especially in the open world areas. Strategy, tactics, and communication often led to success, but you could still have fun without it.

But now... it just seems so terrible. I tried to do some of the quests in Tier 1 on the Order side, but all the PvP is now is just 10v1. I went in to the area and I was lucky if I saw 1 ally running around who would help me. And the enemies outnumbered us 10 to 1 in every fight (or worse). I was shocked. This game used to have great PvP now it's just all zerging.

What's worse is I finally got myself into 1v1 fight, and I was up against a Squigherder. What absolute cretin thought it was good a idea to allow them to have a ranged slow, with no minimum range, seemingly no CD (it was always up on me), and the ability to run faster than my Knight who has no gap closer OR stun of any kind. They were easily able to kite me and I hate no chance to retaliate. Absolutely unfair in my opinion. I had literally no chance to do anything against that class. And I fought against them multiple times, and a couple of those times I had the surprise advantage.

And don't get me started on the reduced wounds mechanic. I hated it back then, and I still hate it now. The punishment for death seems severe when I am completely outnumbered at every turn.

Maybe I just got extremely unlucky, but I remember this game feeling much better. Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses, but my memory can't be that bad.

Maybe I'll just stick to PvE. I was at least having fun then, and I even found others to group with and do public quests. The PvP is just extremely frustrating.
sometimes order are zerging, sometimes chaos are zerging.

if you think SH is bad make a WL

Pesteavino

Post#27 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Guys just create a BW AND GET FULL COMBUSTIÓN, AND YOU WILL SEE ON MAGIC STATS HOW MAX CRIT IS 25%

Martok

Post#28 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Paragot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 amI remember the PvP being really fun...

It still is. If you know how to go about it.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
catholicism198

Post#29 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:04 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am It's not the same game anymore. From nerf to damage crit, to (as you will find out) killing the dps WP by taking away its best attack that also healed. (Same with a dok but the high attack speed of duel wield just kills any WP that wants to heal and do damage).

But it is still warhammer ... :) and still the only pure PvP game around. (Though in RoR you are forced to do A LOT of PvE Dungeons to get some high end gear).
ESO functions as a pure pvp game as well. You can even get monster helms without having to run a single dungeon.
Problem is that those devs don’t play the game either and base everything on theory craft too, which often results in horrible balance changes.

Fey

Post#30 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:42 am

The game should have been balanced backwards towards the prima guide. Now the horse is out the barn with the sundry changes.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan