Recent Topics

Ads

need some advice and tips or help

Let's talk about... everything else
Stundorn

need some advice and tips or help

Post#1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am

I try to be short :D
I picked the game up 2 weeks ago, i played at release but never got into endgame - i dont know what distracted me, but i remember i switched side for playing with friends and didnt like my class that much.
Ok whatever, i just want to make sure i dont miss anything important while im levelling.
My plan and goal is to mainly do RvR with a guild i have already found and roam around, fight.
I occassinally like to grind PvE a little, i did so for the first 20 levels and barely got into RvR and also did no SC.
Actually im at 30/30 and i only played SC's for the last week.
I continued T3 PvE also and its all too easy now - but all fine - i like it to chop through stunties :D

So as far as i understand it i just do SC's and buy the equip from the Emblem Merchant???
I have the duelist set complete since yesterday.
It seems T2 and T3 there is no RvR, at least i dont understand the rotation or where to look.
I dont understand the L - Window exactly. If i read the War report T2 and T3 are never contested.
I saw a Warband in T3 yesterday, i went there, but nobody was there.
So when i am ready for T4 RVR? I see people lowlevel in T4 Warbands, does that make sense?

My SC experience is better since i got to better skills and the first Set.

unfortunately all Builds for my class refer to an URL that doesnt exist anymore and i didnt found much on YT, but i respecced already 3 times, tried this and that and actually
I'm a dual wield Choppa on the Path of the Wrecka (AoE).
I know he's not that good Solo Killa, but great DD for groups as long as you need not tank anything :P
I also started a Squig Herder and i think i will play this class also to max. as it is very fun.

what i would need is some tips for leveling and that i make sure i dont miss anything important like gear from PvE.
I'm also interested in some of these capes you get from doing stuff in the Tome of Knowledge.

Oh and can it be that i have a guild cape or smth. like that. because all my capes look same and dont look like the capes others of my level have.

Do i need doing SC's until 40/40 now? Or can i add some variance?
Is it worth to play through the Story? I mean until i have fun and i just slash through everything.

My build is like this - any tips apreciated!

RoR.builders - Choppa

I have deft defender and reflexes, thats why i choosed Riposte as Renown abilty.
Not sure what to go for or how many of these renown things you can have at max.

sorry for bad english - not my motherlanguage.
And thanks all in advance.

edit: Oh and i already use tinyroll addon and really struggled until someone told me i need libslash too. The Wiki lacks a lot of information and reads as if it is for experienceds people only who look up some stats only :P
No accusation, but it wasn't that helpfull until.
any other Tips for addons helpfull for my class and RvR or in general!?!?

Ads
StrongUn

Re: need some advice and tips or help

Post#2 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:29 am

Scenario sets are offspec sets, if you want DPS sets play RvR (Annihilator rr30+ / Conqueror rr40+ / Vanquisher rr50+ / Invader rr60+ / Warlord - Sovereign rr70+)

Better spend points into Futile strikes (reduces chance to be crit) or Opportunist (chance to critically hit) instead of Deft Defender (+ % Dodge and +% Disrupt)
Last edited by StrongUn on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draugris

Post#3 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:54 am

Stundorn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am I
Is it worth to play through the Story? I mean until i have fun and i just slash through everything.
First of all, you chose the wrong faction.

But anyway, i would recommend to mix and match sc and rvr. rvr for Medaillons to buy armor, sc for Emblems to buy the weapons. You will level fast with sc, more fast than your RR. In RvR you level RR faster. So i would be looking that you always are at least equal with level and RR or higher in RR. I would not touch PvE during the level phase, it is more or less boring tbh. The only exceptions are the T4 epic quests which have nice weapons as a reward, you can do them in your 30´s. More information here:

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... pic_Quests
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Stundorn

Post#4 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:16 pm

First - thank you both!
StrongUn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:29 am Scenario sets are offspec sets, if you want DPS sets play RvR (Annihilator rr30+ / Conqueror rr40+ / Vanquisher rr50+ / Invader rr60+ / Warlord - Sovereign rr70+)

Better spend points into Futile strikes (reduces chance to be crit) or Opportunist (chance to critically hit) instead of Deft Defender (+ % Dodge and +% Disrupt)
what is an offspec set? sorry to ask i'm oldsql and english is not my first language. Offense Set?

So go for peak damage instead of Dodge etc? I read in an old post here to do so, because the chopper dies quite fast and needs some protection. But i'll try to go for max damage and crit.

How or where to do RvR if there is none?
What do i miss, how to find active RvR???
Draugris wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:54 am
Stundorn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am I
First of all, you chose the wrong faction.

But anyway, i would recommend to mix and match sc and rvr. rvr for Medaillons to buy armor, sc for Emblems to buy the weapons. You will level fast with sc, more fast than your RR. In RvR you level RR faster. So i would be looking that you always are at least equal with level and RR or higher in RR. I would not touch PvE during the level phase, it is more or less boring tbh. The only exceptions are the T4 epic quests which have nice weapons as a reward, you can do them in your 30´s. More information here:

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... pic_Quests
:D right faction - i played an Ork bck in 2008, switched to Order becasue of friends and quit after some time.
I'm right with the Greesnkins and already part of a greesskin only guild :D

Ah ok i now understand what are Meadllions for and what Emblems are for.

Well some "boring" PvE i sometimes do appreciate - its ok to me.
I until tried to keep both levels on equal numbers.
I recognized that my Level gous up faster than my RR level - good to know what push RR more and what push Level more.

My gripe is it seems i dont find any active RR in T2 and T3 or do i need to T4 already?
Also, in T1 i get tranmutated into a chicken :D
I thought this would also be true for T2, but i can still go there. But i dont remember if i did that with RR 29.
So at RR30 i also cannot go to T2 anymore, right?

So my most important question now? Where to go to find active RvR???
I read about an addon for RvR too - any hints?

zak68

Post#5 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:15 pm

tap "L", join a warband listed there as RVR and having pgs with lvl > 15 ; before that , install Enemy addon and get yourself accustomed to marking people, your wb leader in the first place. if you say that you're already enlisted in a guild, you should join their discord channel (because they have a discord channell, right?) ; talking is the best way to explaing things, sometimes .

Stundorn

Post#6 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:20 pm

zak68 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:15 pm tap "L", join a warband listed there as RVR and having pgs with lvl > 15 ; before that , install Enemy addon and get yourself accustomed to marking people, your wb leader in the first place. if you say that you're already enlisted in a guild, you should join their discord channel (because they have a discord channell, right?) ; talking is the best way to explaing things, sometimes .
what means "having pgs with Level 15 >"?

i tried that enemy addon i get errors and it's overwhelming - too much stuff on my screen i dk what to do with - i'm not used to games like this i guess.
Yeah i enlisted in a guild and they have discord, but its english and it's not my motherlanguage and tbh i mostly understand nothing.
If i would get advice over voip i would say i understand even less due to dialect, fast speaking etc.
If i can read i understand a lot more - mostly :P

Sad there is so less documentation about the game and all the knowledge from vets is hidden and hard to get.
I understnad that, i am a vet in another game and newe players wont find that much info's online and just suffer and need to learn the hard way.
I thought i can circumvent this a little and gather some info's, but tbh. all info's get me to new questions.

I'm not familiar with the abbreviations here. No clue what pgs is or a offspec build - sorry :-(

Naelar

Post#7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 pm

I think what you're missing is the change in rvr past T1. T2-T4 are all merged together, so once you get past 15, you will be going wherever the action is, whether it be a T2 zone (rare) or a T4 zone right before a fortress. Don't worry about the level difference. Sub 40 players are bolstered to make them a bit more competitive.

zak68

Post#8 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Stundorn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:20 pm Yeah i enlisted in a guild and they have discord, but its english and it's not my motherlanguage and tbh i mostly understand nothing.
try this
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10960&start=170

Ads
Draugris

Post#9 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:33 am

Stundorn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:16 pm So my most important question now? Where to go to find active RvR???
Well, since you choose destro, depending what time you play, if it´s EU prime time you will have most likely a boring time since you will outnumber order significantly. I rerolled from destro to order because of that. But everybody to their liking.

You can get an Add-On State of Realm or Zonepop Light. These Addons show the populations of Active Zones or you could just follow the smell of your fellow greenskins :lol:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Stundorn

Post#10 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 am

Naelar wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 pm I think what you're missing is the change in rvr past T1. T2-T4 are all merged together, so once you get past 15, you will be going wherever the action is, whether it be a T2 zone (rare) or a T4 zone right before a fortress. Don't worry about the level difference. Sub 40 players are bolstered to make them a bit more competitive.
thanks i got it and was part of a WB of my guild yesterday - amazing fun :D
I get more into it although i dont know exactly how RvR and Keep mechanics work, i just roamed and rolled with da Boyz :mrgreen:

How did others know they had to get away from the door for example. I died instant 2 times at the gates and some seem to know they need to move away, but i didnt get it what it was.
Draugris wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:33 am
Stundorn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:16 pm So my most important question now? Where to go to find active RvR???
Well, since you choose destro, depending what time you play, if it´s EU prime time you will have most likely a boring time since you will outnumber order significantly. I rerolled from destro to order because of that. But everybody to their liking.

You can get an Add-On State of Realm or Zonepop Light. These Addons show the populations of Active Zones or you could just follow the smell of your fellow greenskins :lol:
well i did exatly that in 2008 and quit the game, becasue i missed the immersive character of the game.
the only faction i may like is the Dwarfs and a Slayer, so pendant to my choppa, but you know i'm green by heart, so its nothing of a choice tbh :mrgreen:

i'll try out State of the realm, my Leader also recommended it.