Recent Topics

Ads

Ever been picked last on the playground?

Let's talk about... everything else
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: Ever been picked last on the playground?

Post#11 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 pm

velenne wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:31 pm Sucks, right?
A few weeks ago I was maining as a Witch Hunter. From 1-40, I was told the class was gear dependent. "It gets better! Get to at least rr60!" So I got to 70. I didn't get better. Worst of all, I kept being excluded from City groups because my class was (rightfully) not able to contribute as much as literally any other class.
Then the Shadow Warrior patch came along. Suddenly SW's are amazing!! Everyone wants one!
You can see where this is going...
Fast forward to today. I'm rr63 on my Shadow Warrior. The class has been nerfed back into its previous trash tier and it's time for a city. I 'x' up in alliance chat....
Nothing. No one wants me, man, not even in my own guild. Finally I was sent a pm: "SW bro...".
After spending two months in this game and not choosing the "right" class, I'm starting to wonder why I bother.
Unfortunately the order meta is pretty stale, though SW are starting to fill the 1 utility dps slot for a few groups as a ST/debuffer - not as trash as some think. The problem is that is still only 1 in 24 slots, and both your SW and dragon gun WH (I assume you are running that spec) are fighting for the same seat at the table with a tons of other SW/WH. I ran into the same problem with my AM, so I switched to Slayer (almost always a needed class). I did ask my guild leadership what we needed the most before starting over though and that earned me both credit as team-centric and a better chance of getting into the WB.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
Zymer

Post#12 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 am

Kwatchi wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 pm
A few weeks ago I was maining as a Witch Hunter. From 1-40, I was told the class was gear dependent. "It gets better! Get to at least rr60!" So I got to 70. I didn't get better. Worst of all, I kept being excluded from City groups because my class was (rightfully) not able to contribute as much as literally any other class.
Then the Shadow Warrior patch came along. Suddenly SW's are amazing!! Everyone wants one!
Fast forward to today. I'm rr63 on my Shadow Warrior. The class has been nerfed back into its previous trash tier and it's time for a city. I 'x' up in alliance chat....
Nothing. No one wants me, man, not even in my own guild. Finally I was sent a pm: "SW bro...".
After spending two months in this game and not choosing the "right" class, I'm starting to wonder why I bother.
Unfortunately the order meta is pretty stale, though SW are starting to fill the 1 utility dps slot for a few groups as a ST/debuffer - not as trash as some think. The problem is that is still only 1 in 24 slots, and both your SW and dragon gun WH (I assume you are running that spec) are fighting for the same seat at the table with a tons of other SW/WH. I ran into the same problem with my AM, so I switched to Slayer (almost always a needed class). I did ask my guild leadership what we needed the most before starting over though and that earned me both credit as team-centric and a better chance of getting into the WB.
But now you look like a shirtless baby with a red Mohawk... so is it really an improvement? Lol ;)

Zxul

Post#13 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:30 am

Zaxxond wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm I was picked last once. No one wants the single target Dot BW.
Its funny how on live non wanted aoe sorc/bw, at least in last years anyway.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Martok

Post#14 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 am

Zaxxond wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pmAlso Drow still sucks.

That was funny.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

warlover

Post#15 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:55 am

Play the game because you love it and tell them to **** Off, i don't care what people think of me as a WE i know im better then 80% of them and much higher in rr then most of them but i play because i like it not for them :D

M0rw47h

Post#16 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:54 am

Since you're playing Order, make a tank (Knight or Swordmaster), get decent, people will beg you to join them in Cities, Warbands and any other content...

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:08 am

I cant see the meta ever changing if nerfs are off the table tbh. At the rate it takes to balance with buffs it will never get close to balance.
WH in particular is in that position because melee trains rule end game and it has to compete with slayer and WL. It isnt not getting a buff thats the problem. Buffing them to the same level would just cause more problems.

Draugris

Post#18 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:41 am

I feel you,

I play my engineer at the moment which is also not one of the most demanded classes. The only recommendation I can give you is that you should play a class that you enjoy and not one because it´s fotm/meta whatever. I have on order a wp and a wl and on destro a sh and a mara, so if I wanted to play meta classes I could, but I enjoy my engineer more. So I decided that my progression will stop after invader, I refuse to do pug cities at the moment with all the balance issues and the matchmaking and all that. If I would have to force myself into playing something I don´t enjoy then there is no point playing at all for me. Think about switching your guild. I mean I see where they are coming from, this game is all about "bring the class, not the player", but in guilds, there should be a bit more team spirit.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Esmeralda

Post#19 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am

I really can't understand how would you roll both of the most useless Order classes and not know they are not wanted for this whole time. Meta will never take a 180 turn, you either pick kobs/SM/WP/RP/slayer/WL/BW or you learn to not care and be fine with playing non meta.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Please dont listen to those that say just play what you want. You will hit end game and become frustrated after a while.