Recent Topics

Ads

Ever been picked last on the playground?

Let's talk about... everything else
velenne

Ever been picked last on the playground?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Sucks, right?

A few weeks ago I was maining as a Witch Hunter. From 1-40, I was told the class was gear dependent. "It gets better! Get to at least rr60!" So I got to 70. I didn't get better. Worst of all, I kept being excluded from City groups because my class was (rightfully) not able to contribute as much as literally any other class.

Then the Shadow Warrior patch came along. Suddenly SW's are amazing!! Everyone wants one!

You can see where this is going...

Fast forward to today. I'm rr63 on my Shadow Warrior. The class has been nerfed back into its previous trash tier and it's time for a city. I 'x' up in alliance chat....

Nothing. No one wants me, man, not even in my own guild. Finally I was sent a pm: "SW bro...".

After spending two months in this game and not choosing the "right" class, I'm starting to wonder why I bother.

Ads
TwistedSister77

Re: Ever been picked last on the playground?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:39 pm

My guild plays imperfect metas for the sake of bonding.... still really competitive. Sorry to hear that. Nature of mmorpgs, a few classes get nerfed or are not desired... then they become fotm... then nerfed again.

I try to play a few alts I enjoy in different classes for variety and for this reason.

Sounds like you enjoy melee... classes that seem to always be solid are white lion, slayer, and tanks.
Last edited by TwistedSister77 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akilinus

Post#3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 pm

maybe it time to look for a new guild?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

rodomeier

Post#4 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:48 pm

All I can say is join another guild where people don't care that much about meta. Get used to losing cities because of friendly made warbands with non-meta compositions, unless you face pugs so your chances of winning increase. With the time royals will come, slowly, way slower than the other faction. But eventually, you will have your sov and the long road will be over. Don't get me wrong, you will never be meta so... learn to live with that.

Forget the word meta and everything will be fine, sweet prince.

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

TwistedSister77

Post#5 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Also, 2 characters 60+ in just 2 months. Sounds like you're putting some good dedication into the game. Stick with it, have fun.

Zymer

Post#6 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Not trying to be a ****, but re-rolling from WH to SW because you weren’t getting groups just seems extremely short sighted. Even the first week of buffs, SW were still not in a good spot.

I think the meta has been well established for a while now. If your main goal is to get in groups on Order, you play healer, tank, BW, slayer, and WL. Sucks, but that’s how it goes.

If you want to have fun, play what you have fun with.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 pm

The meta has been the same for 15 years. It aint changing anytime soon. You either roll one of the core classes or deal with it.

Zaxxond

Post#8 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm

I was picked last once. No one wants the single target Dot BW.

I then created a meme and got say channel banned. Use your pain as fuel to enact revenge and settle scores.

Also Drow still sucks.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:51 pm

When range SH can be top DD in city siege, why you can't do the same?
Dying is no option.

adapter
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:52 pm

As a Witch Hunter you can queue as a duo with another WH and have a blast, it's fun to queue as duo, chill and play.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon