Recent Topics

Ads

Ever been picked last on the playground?

Let's talk about... everything else
kok

Re: Ever been picked last on the playground?

Post#31 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 am

Last time I checked , ONLY TANKS and HEALERS are wanted in City Group.
DPS are "internal" selected
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Ads
soulbog

Post#32 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:42 am

kok wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 am Last time I checked , ONLY TANKS and HEALERS are wanted in City Group.
DPS are "internal" selected
its not even city group, even normal sc, people keep saying get a group, get a group , but no one wants a player if his not high rr in group or on the "selected" class to play,
so your stuck in a limbo where you join sc and get put against full sov group , where 1 vs 6 player cant kill a fk kobs(thx to the amazing matchmaking) and get crash so hard , and its finish like 500 - (0-20) tops....
1-40 lvl complain about the lost sc.. but after they get to 40 its even worst.
and stop telling to join pug scenario because you wait 1h long and no one join ever, evry one its doing the event sc but there is full farm feast on low rr and they know it.. (Sure win)
high rr don't play with low rr in party, and low rr just feed the high rr in sc, because you can't get anything with out getting to higher rr,
so join sc lost in 3-4 min , join again .. repeat forever so limbo..
its just not fun anymore..

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:13 am

GL playing fotm classes...
1 month ago you posted this...(lol)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39188&p=421857#p421857

If you wanna be "picked first" for end game content you have to realize what your class bring to the WB...ask yourself, if you were the WB leader and have to fill the spots what you will looking for??

stop playing loldps => roll a support and start to be usefull for your realm.

Likeaboss

Post#34 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 am

You picked WH/SW, now you are not fotm and first pick in city siege... So what?
Que with some Pugs or build your own 12 man or such, you cant get kicked when you are partylead :lol:

Pesonally i don't get why everyone has to rush for Sov gear? I mean it's good, has some real "Killer" Appearance for sure.
But with WH you can go for an Onslaught Vanq Mix first of and you are good to go.

If you don't get **** done, and think it's getting better with some higher gear, then i gotta quote Toni Stark:
If you’re nothing without the suit, then you shouldn’t have it. :D

I am RR 70 with my actual Toon and i have 8 Invader medalls and 0 Royals :lol:
but i am Happy with my gear and am not interested in farming Citys and forts in the Middle of the night or such...
Still my healnumbers in SC's, and the amount of deaths in my party speak for itself.

Maybe your problem is your attitude and expectation and not the choice of your Toon ;)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

raistomen

Post#35 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm

velenne wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:31 pm Sucks, right?

A few weeks ago I was maining as a Witch Hunter. From 1-40, I was told the class was gear dependent. "It gets better! Get to at least rr60!" So I got to 70. I didn't get better. Worst of all, I kept being excluded from City groups because my class was (rightfully) not able to contribute as much as literally any other class.

Then the Shadow Warrior patch came along. Suddenly SW's are amazing!! Everyone wants one!

You can see where this is going...

Fast forward to today. I'm rr63 on my Shadow Warrior. The class has been nerfed back into its previous trash tier and it's time for a city. I 'x' up in alliance chat....

Nothing. No one wants me, man, not even in my own guild. Finally I was sent a pm: "SW bro...".

After spending two months in this game and not choosing the "right" class, I'm starting to wonder why I bother.
you knew full well what yo uwere getting into. Selfish dps classes and jumping on SW train during the testing phase ? If you want groups ,tank or heals.

That said I agree with the overall sentiment that its a shame end game (cities) basically excluded other classes (WE, and to a lesser degree range dps) , who play important roles in oRvR.

velenne

Post#36 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 am Maybe your problem is your attitude and expectation and not the choice of your Toon ;)
raistomen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm you knew full well what yo uwere getting into. Selfish dps classes and jumping on SW train during the testing phase ? If you want groups ,tank or heals.
emiliorv wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:13 am stop playing loldps => roll a support and start to be usefull for your realm.
Esmeralda wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am I really can't understand how would you roll both of the most useless Order classes and not know they are not wanted for this whole time. Meta will never take a 180 turn, you either pick kobs/SM/WP/RP/slayer/WL/BW or you learn to not care and be fine with playing non meta.
Grimfang wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 pm The meta has been the same for 15 years. It aint changing anytime soon. You either roll one of the core classes or deal with it.
Whew. The toxicity is real. Some people have a really skewed view of the game.

But to everyone else, I appreciate the positive comments.

CountTalabecland

Post#37 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:05 pm

In the time it took you to level a toon to rr70 you should have learned what is viable and what is not. By your own admission you knew SW is a joke.

Many ppl here have posted the viable classes. I wish every class worked in this game but it aint so. I don't think it is toxic for these ppl to point out what should have been obvious. Roll tank/healer/WL/Slayer
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Spoiler:
velenne wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 am Maybe your problem is your attitude and expectation and not the choice of your Toon ;)
raistomen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm you knew full well what yo uwere getting into. Selfish dps classes and jumping on SW train during the testing phase ? If you want groups ,tank or heals.
emiliorv wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:13 am stop playing loldps => roll a support and start to be usefull for your realm.
Esmeralda wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am I really can't understand how would you roll both of the most useless Order classes and not know they are not wanted for this whole time. Meta will never take a 180 turn, you either pick kobs/SM/WP/RP/slayer/WL/BW or you learn to not care and be fine with playing non meta.
Grimfang wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 pm The meta has been the same for 15 years. It aint changing anytime soon. You either roll one of the core classes or deal with it.

read your own posts before claim for the "toxicity" of the ppl who tell you the obvius...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39188&p=421857#p421857

Ads
raistomen

Post#39 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:41 pm

ok karen, would you like to speak to the devs

drmordread
Suspended

Post#40 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:20 am

velenne wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Totally agree. Complete screwed up view of the game. And the funny thing is I bet some of not all these guys wouldn't know a good support class if it kicked them in the head.

Example; SW...
If I built a 6 man to support my WL or if I played a Slayer, I would waste a spot on an SW that ran leading shots. SURE ... it isnt as high as live, but in a game where crit has been cut off (nerfed) at the knees (compared to live), +2 or 3 or 4 to crit for everyone in the group, except the SW (and here the SW can run bullseye for themselves), sure goes a long way. (A pity order doesnt have the crit boost morale that destro have from a WE) ...

Example; WH
Dragon Gun Spec
Keep 2 dragon gun spec WH's in your WB. (*1). Using stealth they flank destro on both sides pop, get 2 executions fire DG, and DA out of range. With the AoE rules being as they are, 2 DG WH's can 120 point morale drain at least half a destro WB, while adding 120 points morale to their groups.
Added bonus; WH switches to Bullets of Confession and 50% nerf to all destro outgoing heals by one AoE shot of DG on their backlines.
But no one wants WH's... mehhh

(Personally I play EXIT WOUNDS spec in RvR in PUG WB's and target lowest life destro, and pug cities on DG spec. There are a few 12 man leaders that do bring me because I know where to drop the morale drain/-50% outgoing heal debuff for best effect)

(*1)= Dragon Gun spec is the only viable option for a WH in RoR. With the nerf to crit and reworking of toughness, armor, and damage over all for mdps, BaL spec is only good for soloing, or if the WH is the main focal damage dealer in a 6 man or wb group.

Anyway...tl/dr
You rolled the classes. OWN them!!! Play them over and over, experiment on target selection, game style, even selecting where you stand and fight from. RUN AWAY A LOT!!!! :) Just have some fun!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)