Invalid username/password

Let's talk about... everything else
falamee

Invalid username/password

Post#1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi everyone,
indeed I found some posts relating this problem, but no solution: When I try to log in I get the message "Invalid username/password". I already received a mail containing a link to the board (can*t remember if it said that my account has been activated). I also changed my password two times, but no effect.
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance and regards

Ads
HolidayPictures

Re: Invalid username/password

Post#2 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:32 am

Hi falamee,
when I first started RoR I also got this problem. This may be due to you using a password longer than 16 characters or using special characters. For the forum it may be allowed, but for the login manager it seems not to be.
In the ReadMe and INSTRUCTIONS.txt it states: "Your password MUST consist of letters and numbers only, 6-16 characters long, and no special characters like #$%@ or accented characters like áäã etc." under 6) Logging In!.

To change your password you have to log into the forum, go to your User Control Panel (click on your username at the top right -> User Control Panel). Than you switch to the Profile tab and go Edit account settings to submit a password as statet in the instructions.
One problem I stumbled into was a an SQL error when submitting my new password. There you have to be persistent. For me it worked after trying this for like 5 times.

Hope this helps and have fun playing the game,
HolidayPictures

P.S.: I guess it goes without saying that you tried to you check your password and username multiple times for spelling errors.