Re: City Contribution

Post#31 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:12 pm

it's totally random
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Swizz717

Post#32 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Random or broken, its a subpar system at best that should be revisited.

If the system that was around 3 or 4months ago wasnt sufficient and needed a change then why not change the current system.

People saying "theres nothing we can do" dont understand the point of this post.

Noslock

Post#33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Swizz717 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:40 pm Random or broken, its a subpar system at best that should be revisited.

If the system that was around 3 or 4months ago wasnt sufficient and needed a change then why not change the current system.

People saying "theres nothing we can do" dont understand the point of this post.
Yes what they can do is simply remove bags from city stages and increase crest reward for stage win.As of now if u win a city you are not guaranteed a bag but if u lose you can still win one and thats simply stupid :-)

Post#34 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Allowing winners only to receive crests will only encourage the generally losing side to stop queueing at all - less people will be able to play in cities and complete end game content

Contribution just needs to be fixed

afks should get nothing even if their group contributed. Maybe getting a debuff if they don't move around enough or something like that which marks them for no reward. It can refresh each stage allowing someone to continue in the next stage of they want to or it was an emergency irl or something

Noslock

Post#35 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Losers still get crests from stages. Increase winnin stage crest by x and losing stage by x and remove bags and add that anti afk debuff.I rather get x more crest from stages than random chance of bags with random contribution

Omegus

Post#36 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:00 pm

A few things to remember about city contribution:

1) Always measure it pre-rolls, as the roles are the (supposedly) random part. Getting high contib but always rolling sub 100 doesn't mean the contrib system is busted, it means you're unlucky.

2) Each stage seems to have different things you are measured against and things that grant high contribution. For example, stage 1 is all about the objectives. If one person misses out on taking an objective (e.g. running back from spawn) then their contrib will be in the gutter. Much like if you send a party off to resummon the dragon/daemon while the other 3 parties go cap another objective, the resummoning party will likely be the bottom 6 for stage 1. It's horrible and means WB leaders have to choose who to screw over when trying to do strats like this, but everytime I've seen it happen that one person/party who missed the capture was bottom of the contrib table before rolls.

3) The bonus to the roll gained from contribution doesn't change based on the difference between the highest and lowest contrib, i.e. it doesn't matter if (I'm making numbers up here) the lowest contrib was 0 and the highest was either 10 or 10000, the bonusus will still be the same (+750 for first, +700 for second or whatever it is). The entrire WB could be within 1% of contrib from top to bottom and you still end up with the huge discrepancy with bonuses.

4) Dying kills your contribution. Again, usually noticed when just 1-2 people died in a stage in the middle of a big fight and those are the bottom 2. I don't know how exactly it kills your contribution but it does have an impact.
Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:31 am While its random, contrib feels completely and utterly broken for healers.
I generally have no issue getting bags on my Zealot each city, often golds. There's more to it than just having high heal numbers, because the classes (especially the Zealot) are capable of much more than just healing numbers.

There is one mythical Black Orc who got multiple bags (usually golds or purples) in each city who had clearly worked out the system. I'm getting there but it's not perfect, and sometimes as a healer if the fight is over before you can press a button then you just need to accept you're going to have low contrib that stage.

Those who have worked out how to get good contribution usually stay silent as they want to keep getting the bags :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sulorie

Post#37 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:42 pm
desizt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm ................ as dying is a major hit to your contribution loss.

Has dying greatly impacting your contrib been confirmed?
I had the same impression.

Btw, I see plenty healers getting top contri in city.
For pve pq it's different, healer quite often get the short end of the stick, because damage ramps up faster than healing scores on bossfights or general pve.
Dying is no option.

Brew

Post#38 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Things like contribution in forts/city/rvr and actual game mechanics that are a mystery will never get another level of transparency because then they will be "exploited". Just stay in the dark and be happy about it, you won't get a straight answer about contribution.
<Art Supplies>

Ads
lyncher12

Post#39 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm
Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:42 pm
desizt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm ................ as dying is a major hit to your contribution loss.

Has dying greatly impacting your contrib been confirmed?
I had the same impression.

Btw, I see plenty healers getting top contri in city.
For pve pq it's different, healer quite often get the short end of the stick, because damage ramps up faster than healing scores on bossfights or general pve.
ive been top healing plenty of times and get no bag any stage

Sulorie

Post#40 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Being in the best performing group helps too.
But even then, rolls can mess up your day.
Dying is no option.