City Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Swizz717

Re: City Contribution

Post#21 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:35 am

EggYolkeo wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:41 am One of the biggest issues I've noticed is the incentive for pugs (you'll always get them unless you're in a 24 premade) to go burn objects to add to their contribution (whether or not it actually adds to contribution, I don't know for certain.. Always heard conflicting opinions every time I ask anyone), and literally afk for the rest of the city instance.. Especially if your group loses the first engagement.

So you end up with a very unsatisfying city instance, where a quarter or more of your team is either afk or running around burning objects (which completely goes against the idea of 'contributing' to the match)..

And the big kick in the teeth is when those people, who aren't actually contributing, are rewarded for not taking part.
I think there could be a discussion to remove burning as contribution. Keep the contribution to flags, player/cannon kills, healing, guarding etc. Force people who want contribution to actually play with the group to get it.

Because right now it still feels like a big kick in the teeth when you feel like you are carrying multiple members and you place last in "contribution".

Ads
anarchypark

Post#22 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:34 am

I was gathering screenshot evidence that afk gets top 750 contribution.

I'll skip details.
It's basically how you control K/D ratio in fps games.
plus rest of the team getting wipes.

throwers VS try harders
mostly at stage1 for leech classes( wh, engie ) in 1 sided instance.

I think, in city and fort cull out afk and throwers are better system than reward top contributors.
cuz there're so many vital actions that doesn't relate to dps/heal.
funnel defence and back capping are equally important. distracting, last standing all same.

all random but kick out afks, is that bad idea? you don't have to seek contributions. just do what you think best, freedom.

but no more burden to devs, contribution is hard to handle i think.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

nanakaros

Post#23 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Afk people get gold bags. Rip.

rodomeier

Post#24 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:25 pm

I got my first gold bag in city with my bw at rr 82. I got 1 bag on each stage, 3 at all in one city instance, at rr 82. It was the same city instance :D

Yesterday at 1* Altdorf we got badly stomped, so no crests on each stage. There was a SW on beastlord who got 3 bags, 1 gold 1 purple 1 green and there was another bw with beastlord and NO talis. He got 3 bags aswell. They both ended with less than 300k dmg and more deaths while I ended 2nd top damage and champ on 3rd stage.

While I understand everyone has to get rewards in order to have a fair game, I dont share this logic on rewarding system.

As someone said previously, a note from devs about the matter would be much appreciated

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

TiberiusD

Post#25 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 pm

from my perspective.

1. Being active - made myself top damage form my entire city instance, got 0, blue and green bags
2. Being worst - made myself top deaths - died like 25 times - got a blue, a white and a green
3. AFKed - yes, i've tried that aswell - got a gold bag, none and a white

Conclusion: it doesn't matter how your contribution is (if it's +75, +750, +500 etc), it matters what you get on the other roll that random name from 0-1000. That one is pure NRG. If you are lucky you can get only gold bags (only based on that number) if not... you can get ****.

lyncher12

Post#26 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm

its better as random, as annoying as it is
would rather not see padding stats when people are losing become the new meta

Valarion

Post#27 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 am
Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:31 am While its random, contrib feels completely and utterly broken for healers.
In what sense? Too high or too low?

Healer contrib is likely too low.

It might have something to do with dps aoe outstripping group heals or kills contributing more to the overall equation. I dont have this same issue on my dps/tank alts, but for the record, this is entirely anecdotal and its difficult to test. My limited testing inside PQs and between the classes strongly leads me to believe healer contrib is underrewarded and dps tanking is overrewarded, but thats assuming the systems are even the same between PQs/cities, etc.

The more important issue is the RNG roll is just a bit too random and needs to be toned down. Maybe make it half as random as it it now and better reward high contrib players. A bigger bonus roll or auto bag to the wb leader and/or the top class/champs is probably a good idea here.

Somewhere along the line Aza/Torq reduced healer RR for PbAoE heals and Im curious if this is playing a factor.
Last edited by Valarion on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

desizt

Post#28 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Burning **** gives you no contribution, it's a myth.

You get contribution from guard mitigation (and damage taken), healing (especially those who contribute to kills) and ressing and then it comes down to your party performance. Similar to forts/rvr etc, you get contribution based on how well your own 6man party (even in 24man premade) does. DBs mean nothing, you have to do more damage to the target than any other party to get the kill contribution.

If you are pugstomping with premade, healers always get the least contribution because of the lack of resses and the lack of healing that needs to be done.

Afk people get gold bags because their party is still getting contribution and also afk = you don't die, as dying is a major hit to your contribution loss.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
Valarion

Post#29 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:42 pm

desizt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:26 pm ................ as dying is a major hit to your contribution loss.

Has dying greatly impacting your contrib been confirmed?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Noslock

Post#30 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 pm

If after this time u still dont understand its random...I had a bg afk all stages then he came back to life and got gold while i did like 6 city in a row with no bags at all and 90% of the time its a white bag anyway :-) (and im always top damage and kills in the tank bracket).If 1 mil damage and 44 kills as a tank gave me no bags at all i suppose its pure random like the random tank champ choice and yes it sucks but nothing we can do about it.